Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf = Lethal Arrow (tracked death recap for 7 days)

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
I tracked my death recaps for 7 days and the number 1 culprit was lethal arrow with 7.8% of all death recap news...

Nerf it, not because it kills me....

Nerf it because its overperforming and, therefore, being used by every stam character with a bow. No diversity! No, sir! :-)

(other notables on my list
2nd place A = puncturing sweep = 4.9%
2nd place B = reverse slice/executioner = 4.9%
3rd place = heavy attack
20th place = sloads)
Edited by generalmyrick on June 14, 2018 4:50PM
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭
    lethal arrow is so high up because it's actually a stealth glitch that's being exploited. You're asking for the wrong nerf.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lethal arrow is so high up because it's actually a stealth glitch that's being exploited. You're asking for the wrong nerf.

Yep you don't need a nerf, you need a fix.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks! elaborate! = help me :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tracked my death recaps for 7 days and the number 1 culprit was lethal arrow with 7.8% of all death recap news...

Nerf it because its overperforming and, therefore, being used by every stam character with a bow. No diversity! No, sir! :-)

3rd place = heavy attack
    20th place = sloads)

What else are stam characters with a bow going to use? Plus, many stam characters don't even use a bow. And 7.8% is hardly a problematic percentage. Or maybe I am just missing that this is all tongue in cheek.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not lethal arrow that overperforms. It's general easiness of ganking in this game that is issue. People can repeat brainless one shot combos over and over without any drawbacks or penalties when they'll fail.
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3rd place = heavy attack
    20th place = sloads)

Really? All my death screen recaps look like this:

Dizzying Swing
    Dizzying Swing
    Dizzying Swing
    Executioner
    Executioner
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, nerf that and Staminas will never step on a trial ever again.
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What kind of reasoning for nerf is this? You dont even mention what class you are what gear build youre using whatsoever.

If they nerf LA are you going to complain about the next 1st skill you die the most?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3rd place = heavy attack
    20th place = sloads)

this attack is probly one of the lowest killers in pvp unless your an exploiter they found a way to glitch spam lethal arrow where it hits you 6 times in a second or 2 practically one shotting you. so you cant nerf something over a glitch.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 7.8%?
    Can you spell sarcasm? lol
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

/Slowclap

It has needed a fix for years now. If it cant be fixed it needs to be nerfed. You cant have the game turn into bowscrubs online. While you guys fight over the semantics of it.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »

/Slowclap

It has needed a fix for years now. If it cant be fixed it needs to be nerfed. You cant have the game turn into bowscrubs online. While you guys fight over the semantics of it.

It is also "negatively bugged" multiple many ways, e.g:
    1. A snipe that is being cast can be dodged even before it's in the air if you hit dodge roll during the cast time.
    2. Snipes often disappear (new in Summerset update) mid-air and deal no damage.
    3. You can reveal a NB or someone going into stealth with Bombard before the Snipe lands & it'll still miss.

So considering there's 3 "negative bugs" against 1 "positive bug", I guess Snipe damage needs to be buffed :trollface:
    Edited by DDuke on June 14, 2018 11:03PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an execute and a DoT, it's meant to be the killing blow and is slightly more likely to get it just for the fact that it sticks around. The balance is that you can heal through it, unlike two-handed execute or steel tornado. Heck, you can even reflect it with the right skills. Therefore, not a problem. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do when used competently.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    It's an execute and a DoT, it's meant to be the killing blow and is slightly more likely to get it just for the fact that it sticks around. The balance is that you can heal through it, unlike two-handed execute or steel tornado. Heck, you can even reflect it with the right skills. Therefore, not a problem. It's doing exactly what it's supposed to do when used competently.

thats poison injection lethal arrow is our major defile.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7.8 % is in no way, shape or form an overwhelming majority. If that's the leading thing that kills you, seems pretty balanced against all the other skills people use
    Edited by Katahdin on June 14, 2018 11:20PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    7.8 % is in no way, shape or form an overwhelming majority. If that's the leading thing that kills you, seems pretty balanced against all the other skills people use

i think sloads is holding like a 30% on me right now just because of how popular that thing of a set is.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

/Slowclap

1. A snipe that is being cast can be dodged even before it's in the air if you hit dodge roll during the cast time.
    3. You can reveal a NB or someone going into stealth with Bombard before the Snipe lands & it'll still miss.

So considering there's 3 "negative bugs" against 1 "positive bug", I guess Snipe damage needs to be buffed :trollface:

Impact of the bugs would dictate the best solution.

You can choose to use bow or not, you cant choose to not be snipe glitched.

One bug has no counterplay, the other also effects other skills like dark flare and may be working as intended.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3rd place = heavy attack
    20th place = sloads)

There is absolutely zero information in this OP that even suggests the skill is over performing.

If Zos nerfed skills because you died top it more than any other skill then everything will get nerfed eventually, time and time again.

Think about that a moment.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

/Slowclap

Impact of the bugs would dictate the best solution.

You can choose to use bow or not, you cant choose to not be snipe glitched.

One bug has no counterplay, the other also effects other skills like dark flare and may be working as intended.

And you can choose to use bow if you think snipe glitch is impactful enough to make it "overpowered". See how well spamming snipe works out in PvP (spoiler: it doesn't always glitch/bug out).

Look, I agree the bug needs to be fixed. But in the meanwhile here's some things that can help you play against it:
    1. Monitor your debuffs/combat log. Snipe glitch is a health/animation desync one, but your debuffs (and the damage if you have combat log) still appear on time. The moment you see Poisoned status effect+Major Defile, dodge roll. Sometimes the audio still appears (not always).
    2. Run wings if mDK & keep them up 24/7.
    3. Stay in stealth when you think a bow user might have a clear line of sight on you.
    Edited by DDuke on June 15, 2018 12:00AM
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    It's not lethal arrow that overperforms. It's general easiness of ganking in this game that is issue. People can repeat brainless one shot combos over and over without any drawbacks or penalties when they'll fail.

and this is why I run soul assault as my secondary ult. Purely to delete bowblades.

I feel no shame from running it, I know what people think and the state of the game just puts me in a position where im basically saying...yeah...I dont care anymore.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well no diversity..maybe its jsut because we dotn have to much stam morph in class skills at all?
    and tbh if you have seen or be in topic on this even in pve people hate lethal arrow for the only spammable in bow and this wont be very bad if we can get something other to bow spammable than this snipe with cast time

here with no diversity you cant blame players :) blame ZOS as they gived us only this and even warden dont use to often his birds at all but he is using them only because have no cast time for this
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

3rd place = heavy attack
    20th place = sloads)

What else are stam characters with a bow going to use? Plus, many stam characters don't even use a bow. And 7.8% is hardly a problematic percentage. Or maybe I am just missing that this is all tongue in cheek.

Seriously, I was expecting something like 25%. WHAT?!?! PEOPLE USE RANGE ABILITIES IN PVP?!?!