Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar stuck in sprinting

LocoAztec
LocoAztec
✭✭
My Templar gets stuck in sprinting mode. My stamina drains as if I am sprinting. It does not show the sprinting animation, but I am unable to activate any skills. I am able to bar swap and go into the menus. It usually occurs after using Toppling Charge. It will go back to normal after a period of time maybe 1 minute. This occurs in Cyrodill, I have not tried to reproduce it in other zones.
  • LocoAztec
    LocoAztec
    ✭✭
    This occurs in PS4 NA
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve been reporting this bug since January. No acknowledgement No updates No word at all

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414169/a-new-sprint-bug-that-causes-character-lockout#latest
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a new Summerset sprint bug. Too many PC NA people talking about it for there not to be one.

@Quantum_V
    Edited by Own on May 31, 2018 12:25AM
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this has been happening to me since summerset patch. I haven't been able to see what exactly I'm doing when the bug occurs because it occurs during big fights in cyrodiil when theres a lot of abilities on screen including several of my own. I do know that im not holding the sprint key tho and my character is stuck in sprint even after combat. Can't use abilities, pots etc. Once i tap the sprint key and release I'm back to normal.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Confirm also. Its class independent.
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LocoAztec wrote: »
    My Templar gets stuck in sprinting mode. My stamina drains as if I am sprinting. It does not show the sprinting animation, but I am unable to activate any skills. I am able to bar swap and go into the menus. It usually occurs after using Toppling Charge. It will go back to normal after a period of time maybe 1 minute. This occurs in Cyrodill, I have not tried to reproduce it in other zones.

I had this on PC EU while questing in summerset, when engaging the boss in sea keep. I wasn't able to LA/HA, too. Not sure what helped in the end.

I tried, running and screaming, bashing "shift", weapon swap, pooping potions, dodging, jumping, franatically hitting all skillbuttons, running and screaming some more. Eventually it worked again. ;)
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be addressed.

It is new to Summerset. For me at least.

Pre-summerset I never had this happen.

Now it happens ALL the time.

All sorts of content. It makes some competetive content almost unplayable.

You character gets stuck in the "Sprint" state. Even though you're not sprinting.

Your skills grey out. And you are unable to perform any abilities.

ZoS please acknowledge this bug. WE NEED A FIX ASAP.
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update:

Forgot to mention. This is an issue across all characters and classes.

Happened to one of our Sorc DPS last night in a Veteran Cloudrest Group.

Also happened to one of our Tanks in the same progression run...

We wiped when it happened to the tank.
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• LocoAztec
    LocoAztec
    ✭✭
    Update.

I have now confirmed that this has occurred on my Nightblade last night post-Summerset patch. I have not seen it happen on my Templar yet since the patch.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm this is happening quite frequently on my stamplar since the summerset update as well. Not sure exactly what causes it, however I have observed on multiple occasions getting "target is immune" or "target is out of range" notifications just before it happens, while trying to cast abilities that I am definitely within casting range of. I have found that, while sometimes the bug reverts itself after a few minutes, you can get it to stop 100% of the time by attempting to dodge roll over and over again until out of stam. You won't actually dodge due to the state your character is stuck in, but it will still drain a small amount of stamina each attempt. When your stamina bar is 100% EMPTY, the bug will stop and you will be able to cast abilities and regenerate stamina again.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    This happened to me prepatch in the middle of wars in Cyrodiil... Xbox NA pre patch it happened
  • waistlessrwb17_ESO
    Yea this has happened to me a few times and to quite a few others I know. Tapping sprint normally fixes it, and when I'm voice comms with anyone with the problem I say tap shift and it seems to fix it for them as well.

My guess is if there's any sort of lag (which tends to happen during fights) and your client fails to tell the server to stop sprinting, you just get stuck...
    Edited by waistlessrwb17_ESO on June 9, 2018 7:10AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah not just temple, irs a semi regular bug since summerset. ZOS has been really tight lipped on a ton of issues that came with Summerset, the last two patches were really disappointing. Hopefully Monday brings fixes for the new gold food, this bug, invisible keep walls, and maybe Sloads.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Been reporting this since January. Still no comment.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, this is not something new with Summerset. This has been happening to my templar for, at least, a year or more. It seems to come after using Puncturing Sweeps.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just made a thread in this same section with a video of the bug occurring. It seems to occur most frequently when receiving an "out of range" notification on an ability cast.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • KittyHazWares
    KittyHazWares
    ✭✭✭
    I get this bug on my sorcerer negate tank and magicka Templar Healer. No damage abilities are being used like jabs/spear charge either. Mostly get it at least 3 times a day. Xbox One.
    Only since summerset also.
    Edited by KittyHazWares on June 14, 2018 9:41PM
    Xbox One NA