The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

when i pres play nothing happens

thetruehbk
when i load up the launcher and its done its thing and i press play nothing happens i ran the game consultant and it shows nothing was wrong
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    Hello @thetruehbk,

Generally this problem is caused by interfering programs. Can you please :
    • Temporarily disable your firewall and your antivirus
    • Make sure you run the Launcher as administrator
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • thetruehbk
    it is i done that during the beta and with the early access but i am still not getting anything how do you shut down the firewall from windows 8
  • thetruehbk
    to make sure i am doing it right
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    • Open Windows Firewall by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering firewall in the search box, and then tapping or clicking Windows Firewall.
    • Tap or click Turn Windows Firewall on or off . Administrator permission required You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Do one of the following:
    • Tap or click Turn on Windows Firewall under each type of network that you want to help protect, and then tap or click OK.
    • Tap or click Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under each network type that you want to stop trying to protect, and then tap or click OK.
    Edited by ZOS_RobinsonE on March 31, 2014 2:20PM
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • thetruehbk
    yup they are all turned off reinstalled the game and still nothing pressed play and it greys out like its loading but nothing comes up i have had this problem since the beta
  • Teremol
    Teremol
    I get this problem, going to the .exe file and launching that with the launcher open will sometimes fix it.
    Edited by Teremol on March 31, 2014 6:10PM
  • thetruehbk
    where do i find that at teremol
  • thetruehbk
    yup that still didnt work lol
    We have contacted our Customer support team to help you solve your issue.
  • ZOS_RobinsonE
    ZOS_RobinsonE
    ✭✭✭
    I sent you a private message @thetruehbk.
    Check your inbox.
    Staff Post
  • thetruehbk
    thank you if i can get to the log in screen i will be happy lol
  • vvysosias
    vvysosias
    Same problem here... when i hit play nothing happen, i do all the possible remedy but not works for me. im using a windows 8.1