Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A MASSIVE problem/exploit occurring in Cyrodiil unfixed and ignored by devs

Passifest
Passifest
✭✭✭✭
Hello this is Passifest bringing you another bug/exploit ignored for months by the devs. I present to you a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwcBpL9de9Q&feature=youtu.be

In the video there is 3 clear examples of a bug occurring with the snipe ability. You can clearly see the damage being done before the snipe has reached me in the video nullifying all forms of counter-play. The bug pertains to a discrepancy between the server registering damage and the client resulting in insta kills, snipes going through shields/reflects, and other problems. From the sniper's perspective you simply stealth and fire snipe 3 times.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if its a bug or a macro user.. but I noticed that I get hit by 2 maybe even 3 nearly all at the same time... They basically
    Cast -> Stealth -> Cast -> Stealth but they do it fast..
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This seems more like server bug than actual snipe.. Servers or code need serious stuff done to them..
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    This seems more like server bug than actual snipe.. Servers or code need serious stuff done to them..

Continuous prayers to Azura
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    I don't know if its a bug or a macro user.. but I noticed that I get hit by 2 maybe even 3 nearly all at the same time... They basically

No macro needed its just a thing with stealthed snipes
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Passifest wrote: »

Its just another way to encourage gankers… Good news is, they often die when caught.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭

Its just another way to encourage gankers… Good news is, they often die when caught.

Whatever the case it is unacceptable that this occurs
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Whatever the case it is unacceptable that this occurs

It use to be worse, you use to be heavy attacked, light attacked, and ulted + snipe all within a second.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ghLaazdXc

Looks like it happens on console too. Can clearly see the animation not being sync'ed with the damage in that vid which was in 2017 btw.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No macros lol. Why do PC players always feel the need to blame their death on some sort of macro usage?

Snipe is very bugged, yes. It has been bugged since the beginning of time. The only thing that’s new in Summerset is the buff that Snipe builds actually got, which I won’t elaborate on because it’s kinda gross.

Also no, ZOS will not do anything about it. Hence why it has been an issue for this long despite what is easily tens of thousands of bug reports about a single skill.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not a Snipe exploit but a problem with lag in Cyrodiil caused by ZOS's servers. Good luck on them fixing that.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    It is not a Snipe exploit but a problem with lag in Cyrodiil caused by ZOS's servers. Good luck on them fixing that.

Well not exactly - Snipe is totally bugged in itself. Lag in-game definitely contributes to this, but the Snipe “bugs” are causing client/server health desyncing on the target.
  • Passifest
    Passifest
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Palidon wrote: »

Well not exactly - Snipe is totally bugged in itself. Lag in-game definitely contributes to this, but the Snipe “bugs” are causing client/server health desyncing on the target.

Exactly let us not lump this bug with general lag.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 lock for not hiding the names
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me occasionally on Xbox NA as well. It's an extremely frustrating way to die. A real shame that they've done nothing to fix it when we just had a large update.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Macros cannot bypass the GCD. You can macro skills, but they will only go off once per second (in a perfect lag free scenario) so stop blaming macros for this stuff.

Anyway.

Cloak seems to bug all sorts of things out. Anytime I’ve died suspiciously to a NB, it’s always a LA > Surprise Attack > LA > Incap combo or just a Snipe/Poison Injection spam. And it always involves cloak. Somewhere along the line, cloak is delaying damage and delivering it all at once.

This, again, has to do with latency as on the attacker’s screen, they are out of stealth and attacking, but on the victim’s screen, the attacker has not exited stealth. And when the attacker finally registers as out of stealth on your screen, now it needs to catch up on everything that happened in the meantime.

Tl;dr: Sorry, bro. you were killed by lag; not macros.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I logged out last night after having this more than one occasion. 2-3 Lethal Arrow from stealth from what looks like one cast.

Like Nightblades aren't overpowered enough, they've got the option for this thanks to Cloak.
    PC EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the damn time, they’ve had many patches or fix it and have willingly chosen to ignore it, or have chosen to not make any comments about trying to fix it, but I doubt they’re even working on it.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Macros cannot bypass the GCD. You can macro skills, but they will only go off once per second (in a perfect lag free scenario) so stop blaming macros for this stuff.

Anyway.

Cloak seems to bug all sorts of things out. Anytime I’ve died suspiciously to a NB, it’s always a LA > Surprise Attack > LA > Incap combo or just a Snipe/Poison Injection spam. And it always involves cloak. Somewhere along the line, cloak is delaying damage and delivering it all at once.

This, again, has to do with latency as on the attacker’s screen, they are out of stealth and attacking, but on the victim’s screen, the attacker has not exited stealth. And when the attacker finally registers as out of stealth on your screen, now it needs to catch up on everything that happened in the meantime.

I agree with you it is not macros. Genuine question for everyone in the thread, why is snipe the only ability acting like this?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread number 1,000,000 on this subject. At least you all managed to get NBs, Cloak and Snipe whines in.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Players need to get used to the fact that Cyrodiil will always be a badly designed and coded POS. It will always be bugged, the servers will never be up to the job and players will always exploit the glitches, bugs, lag etc.

Been playing too long to expect things to change now.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not seem like a bug and it seems you could have broken LoS as well. The first time you died you just stood there refreshing your small shield when there was a large rock right next to you.
  • redshirt_49
    redshirt_49
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyway.

As an NB player I can tell you that stealth is absurdly easy to abuse in this manner. Especially in BGs.

On the flipside of that it only works in 1v1 situations. Using this to kill a single player will leave you just about drained on both resources. Maybe at slightly less than half if you're running a max resource build, if your victim brought buddies you're in for a bad time.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Anyway.

I agree with you it is not macros. Genuine question for everyone in the thread, why is snipe the only ability acting like this?

My guess is it has something to do with the long travel time.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe *is* a bugged ability. It has nothing to do with "l2p issue" or "git gud". Sometimes you can't hear the sound or the animation, you just get hit by it. Then you can(in delay) queue up 2-3 snipes in a row, making the snipes hit at the exact same time, causing 1-shots. Only counter-play would be 50k HP :^

Not sure whether that's the casting time + server, traveltime + cast time, server + travel time or a mix of both. But the fact remains - it's bugged.

Although I keep asking myself how Dark Flare from templar isn't bugged the same way - as they function pretty much the same.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just happened to me yesterday. No sound, no damage and bam, dead. Then when I'm dead I see the red damage numbers.

It's one of the same guys doing this.
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB's are just OP - They need a nerf big time!!!!
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello this is Passifest bringing you another bug/exploit ignored for months by the devs. I present to you a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwcBpL9de9Q&amp;feature=youtu.be

In the video there is 3 clear examples of a bug occurring with the snipe ability. You can clearly see the damage being done before the snipe has reached me in the video nullifying all forms of counter-play. The bug pertains to a discrepancy between the server registering damage and the client resulting in insta kills, snipes going through shields/reflects, and other problems. From the sniper's perspective you simply stealth and fire snipe 3 times.

Things like this is why I currently wear 3 Defensive Sets...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just think of the people spamming "Snipe" as the same people in Counterstrike that sit there with a sniper rifle head-shotting everyone. They're easy to kill. Just mark them so they can't stealth and go beat the crap out of them.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can only tell you what I know (and it's not a lot).

You might note (and if you don't see it happen up close) it's a ranged thing from either game cell to game cell or the fact that *at max range* and often at elevation differences you can queue multiple snipes in the air (invariably at max range you will be game cell to game cell).

The way it works (and by works I mean the way I've seen it happen) is when you get multiple arrows (lethal arrow creates a projectile you can see, and will create it regardless of los... without los it will not land) in the air at the same time that it can create a situation that sometimes goes right through shields and often gives no warning and allows multiple in the air arrows to hit.

To dispel some in thread "theories"... you can't restealth while attacking (stealth is broken the moment you release the attack, end of cast time and you can't "restealth" unless you break los (keep in mind that "snipes" require initial cast los and end of cast los only, and after the final los check you can break los and it will still hit and you can restealth), that's unless you break los before damage hits.

What is usually occurring is a sniper lines you up at max range (only ability that can be cast being lethal arrow or piercing mark) and queues up lethal arrows (once you get the feeling for the range you can sometimes get 3 arrows in the air before the first actually hits) and then, after initial impact as a stealth hit you use shadowy disguise right before the 2nd and 3rd arrow hits. If the sniper is aggressive they will close distance after their last intended shadowy disguise to force crit the lethal arrow and light attack->poison injection. If you die, they can immediately restealth. If they did damage with los, they can't restealth but can use invisibility (shadowy disguise, potion).

It's likely not an exploit, just a max range game cell to game cell bug with queued attacks in the air at the same time. I've personally seen it happen (you know what it is when someone like passifest gets gibbed, good players rarely don't react) many many times, the most often occurrence of it is when you are at elevation differences with queued attacks and arrows in the air at target.

With miat's functionality ended the only warning you would get is combat music.

One time I caught mikmak with it at a resource flag (brk LM from the steps from keep to flag) and he was dead certain I was exploiting it intentionally. I was just hoping he wasn't paying attention, I don't doubt he had no warning at all... You get that a lot when it happens, fair minded good players getting really angry and thinking you are doing intentionally. It's just the lethality of lethal arrow comes from it's range and to actually be lethal with it you have to build entirely around damage and using shadowy disguise to force crits. Fact is, the only way to kill people with it is to go all in to maximize snipe damage and give up a whole lot (regen, cc, survive) to do it.

• agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭

Lulz , feed me your tears
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec