The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

FIX. YOUR. NETCODE.

pogopwns_ESO
pogopwns_ESO
✭✭✭
this is a beautiful game and conceptually strong. you need a pasta strainer to deal with the spaghetti code though and bring some stability to the server performance. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to want skills to cast when you press a button. It's not even when it casts sometimes, it's so bad it's more like IF it casts. fix the fundamentals; maybe bail on hero and use unreal or something else. It's a lot of work to integrate on the nose, but it will be easier in the long run with future scaling. Please I love your game but neither PvP nor PvE stand for Player-against-inconsistent-server-performance-and/or-ping-spikes.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As usual when I get excited about pvp in this game, the lag turns me off instantly. I can only imagine the number of people of won't give eso another chance because of this.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    have to admit since the v4.0.8 or so I end up with lag as well as disconnects regularly even in normal PvE. Never had these issues, not even in PvP
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Etaniel wrote: »
    As usual when I get excited about pvp in this game, the lag turns me off instantly. I can only imagine the number of people of won't give eso another chance because of this.

Imagine Cyro without lag, i'd bet to delete all my characters that if we had this there could be 10 campaigns and they would still be pop locked most of the time, even with doubled population cap.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My gameplay ends with m constantly going from about 70 to 80 ping to 999+ in Cyrodiil. It's always been like that. My other favorite thing is that sometimes when fighting the game will just soft log me out and return me to the login screen. It's done that for years. =/
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    10 if lag <1 then goto 30
    20 do lag = 0
    30 print "Enjoy!"
    40 goto 10

There! As a professional programmar or something I fixed it. Feel free to copy and paste it in your net code, ZOS!
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Pasta strainers don't sort (You might be doing it wrong).
    2. The last person that posted something like this got threatened with an application...
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Pasta strainers don't sort (You might be doing it wrong).
    2. The last person that posted something like this got threatened with an application...

Oh dammit.... *runs away screaming*
    "Call me a killjoy, but I think that because this is not to my taste, no one else should be able to enjoy it." Marge Simpson
  • WildWilbur
    WildWilbur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    My other favorite thing is that sometimes when fighting the game will just soft log me out and return me to the login screen. It's done that for years. =/

That is a thing for me since Summerset. never had it before, now I got it 2-3 times in two hours. Maybe I should write a little code about it...

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also consider the huge number of players who return to ESO for a few weeks following every major update and encounter major AvA bugs introduced with that update that won't be fixed for weeks or months.

Players can casually hop through the walls of repaired keeps and we can't even get @ZOS_GinaBruno to say "we're looking into it."
    Edited by zyk on June 12, 2018 2:01PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a community gofundme to have major twitch/youtrube streamers showcase how broken and laggy eso pvp is. Only thing that will achieve something is some major negative publicity.

Still beyond me how the game gets positive reviews with pvp as broken as it is (or well not really beyond me $_$).
    Edited by Derra on June 13, 2018 11:30AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between the frametime gradually climbing until you have an effective 5-10 fps despite reading 60+ and the input delay it brings.. this isn't even a pvp issue. Happens very quickly in trials too.

That and the crashes to black screen with audio.. Gotta love it.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • mongoLC
    mongoLC
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait for a new pvp mmo.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yall know this will never be fixed. Them carebears are giving them free cash by buying all of crown stuffs like some houses made by rearranging existing interior and exterior slightly like many of them retexture mods in Skyrim and Oblivion. So, no fixes for us. =D
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 15, 2018 2:12AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag in BGs was so *** bad yesterday. It was like fighting in honey. Slow mo fears, bar swaps constantly not happening, it’s great when you think you’re hitting your cc but really you’re just spamming healing ward.
    Edited by Vapirko on June 15, 2018 3:31AM
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

Also consider the huge number of players who return to ESO for a few weeks following every major update and encounter major AvA bugs introduced with that update that won't be fixed for weeks or months.

Players can casually hop through the walls of repaired keeps and we can't even get @ZOS_GinaBruno to say "we're looking into it."

Thats actualy the worst :D was spaming my cata on the mg breach on an outpost, and had several players rushing trough the, for me closed, side wall. Zos at its best
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • DrkHunter86
    DrkHunter86
    ✭✭✭

Problem is zos doesnt care. Just look at e3. 10 million active users according too them and all they see is dollar signs and how they can milk more money out of users for crown crates and all the other junk in the store. Pvp in this game is an absolute joke anymore.trying too take nickel in a medium sized fight and my game crashed because it was so laggy. I reloaded got rezzed and instantly crashed again. Of course missing out on the cap ap.im cancelling my eso plus untill progess is made on server stability. Likely meaning ill never sub again.
    Edited by DrkHunter86 on June 16, 2018 8:16PM
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a beautiful game and conceptually strong. you need a pasta strainer to deal with the spaghetti code though and bring some stability to the server performance. I don't think I'm being unreasonable to want skills to cast when you press a button. It's not even when it casts sometimes, it's so bad it's more like IF it casts. fix the fundamentals; maybe bail on hero and use unreal or something else. It's a lot of work to integrate on the nose, but it will be easier in the long run with future scaling. Please I love your game but neither PvP nor PvE stand for Player-against-inconsistent-server-performance-and/or-ping-spikes.

Actually, if I remember correctly they dont activate on press but on release ;) not trolling true.

Old post from 2015 where people ask for it to work on press NOT release like it is now.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166816/skill-trigger-upon-button-press-option

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And just as I was thinking to log in and have a play around i read this. Cya in another 6 months I guess
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    We need a community gofundme to have major twitch/youtrube streamers showcase how broken and laggy eso pvp is. Only thing that will achieve something is some major negative publicity.

Isn't this what the entirety of the public digital eso libary is via stream recordings and videos?

{★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Slowbromance
    Slowbromance
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. It's becoming more and more apparent that layers of code are being placed over each other instead of cleaning out and creating new code. If they took the time to correct the code I can bet most players wouldn't mind the servers going offline for a few days if it meant better overall performance. But eh.
    -Shadow hide you
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yall know this will never be fixed. Them carebears are giving them free cash by buying all of crown stuffs like some houses made by rearranging existing interior and exterior slightly like many of them retexture mods in Skyrim and Oblivion. So, no fixes for us. =D

And in turn the PVErs complain that ZOS has "ruined their builds" to fix the problems in PVP - ..chicken...egg...chicken...egg???
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

Imagine Cyro without lag, i'd bet to delete all my characters that if we had this there could be 10 campaigns and they would still be pop locked most of the time, even with doubled population cap.

So true. The lag in cyro is just killing all the fun for me but I love to pvp.
  • Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adernath wrote: »
    BohnT wrote: »

So true. The lag in cyro is just killing all the fun for me but I love to pvp.

Sadly it's not killing the fun for everyone, as some play styles are less affected by lag.
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK