The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen?

SpiderCultist
SpiderCultist
✭✭✭✭✭
I have the parts to assemble an Intel i5 comparable in benchmarks to my AMD Ryzen 1600x, which I expected to run the game much smoother now. Should I go for Intel or stay with AMD? What do you guys think? I haven't seen so much of an improvement with Summerset to be honest, regardless now our game client can run multicore (freezes everywhere :disappointed:).

as for the graphics card would be the same, a nvidia 1060 gtx 6GB and the motherboard would be likewise running RAM ddr4 at 2400.
PC | EU
Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
"You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    8th Gen I5 is better across the board in comparison to Ryzen, better single and multicore support, and generally better for gaming.

I got I5 8400 and cant complain about its performance at all on anything.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    8th Gen I5 is better across the board in comparison to Ryzen, better single and multicore support, and generally better for gaming.

Aw, I should have been more precise:

It is an Intel i5 6600k (skylake, 2015) vs AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (Zen, 2017). Supposedly AMD Ryzen has better performance multicore but I haven't seen it with Summerset.
    PC | EU
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is an Intel i5 6600k (skylake, 2015) vs AMD Ryzen 5 1600x (Zen, 2017). Supposedly AMD Ryzen has better performance multicore but I haven't seen it with Summerset.

Ah haha ok my bad, no matey your Ryzen is definitely better than the old I5 then hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah haha ok my bad, no matey your Ryzen is definitely better than the old I5 then hehe.

Maybe this game probably still runs better single core (?). Time to test I guess.
    PC | EU
  • TazESO
    TazESO
    ✭✭✭
    My moba failed a few months ago so switched to MSI with Ryzen. Love it.
  • TheSwollenBovine
    Definately any ryzen over an I5 as for video, Nvidia for max compat and that sweet sweet fast sync
  • Sovjet
    Sovjet
    ✭✭✭

I could write a whole story about Intel and AMD, or I could just say that I agree with this guy and that you should go for Intel! I choose the latter option :)
    For every player that quits, more will join in my name - Molag Bal 2E 583
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    I got an i5 8400, works really nice with my 1060 3gb graphics card. Have no issues running trials on ultra-high
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appreciate your answers guys.

What I finally did was to assemble that 2015 Intel with a different motherboard and graphics card (an old 960 GTX and MSI b250m bazooka) and guess what? With my new AMD 1600x I had to tweak usersettings.txt and set the number of workers threads to 1, otherwise It would run like a constant slideshow due to freezes despite of having slotted a better graphics card (1060 gtx 6gb) and moba. With my old Intel no problems whatsoever.

Seems like ESO (Summerset) is still running smoother for chipsets with better performance single core than multicore.
    PC | EU
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth, Summerset seems to have more choppiness than any previous expansion by a significant factor. Only so much I think can really be attributed to hardware as far as slideshow-ness is concerned.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • thalosdaedra
    thalosdaedra
    ✭✭
    I have the parts to assemble an Intel i5 comparable in benchmarks to my AMD Ryzen 1600x, which I expected to run the game much smoother now. Should I go for Intel or stay with AMD? What do you guys think? I haven't seen so much of an improvement with Summerset to be honest, regardless now our game client can run multicore (freezes everywhere :disappointed:).

as for the graphics card would be the same, a nvidia 1060 gtx 6GB and the motherboard would be likewise running RAM ddr4 at 2400.

I74790K
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I74790K

2 year old thread dude.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    Greetings!

Given the age of this thread and that some information contained within may be out of date, we have closed this thread. You are welcome to continue the discussion, but please create a new thread to do so.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.