The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Change Class as well as race and name change

• Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    badmojo wrote: »
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I think most people want the class change cause of their 1 character they do everything on and have a sort of connection to. They just want their main to be better. I have a friend who has done like all of the quests, dlcs and crafting on his character + tons of achievements. Then went into PvP and realised he hates his class to the point he wanted to quit the game. And eventually he did. He hated how stamblades can't be front line warriors, are forced to gank or can't be endgame tanks because the community despises it.

It's not at all about laziness. Would you want to regrind all traits, skill points, achievemnts, mount training, motifs etc. on a new character? I doubt it.

I already do that for all of my 15 veterans, the only thing I don't regrind on every character is motifs and traits, because there isn't much benefit in having multiple crafters.

Do I enjoy regrinding things like undaunted, skyshards and lorebooks on every character? Not really, but I want the benefits of doing it, so I bite the bullet and do what it takes. Life is a struggle.

Exactly, why should a game be a struggle as well?

Because a lot of people find satisfaction in overcoming adversity.

A lot also do not.. and have money to avoid such stupidity.

I'd rather overcome adversity in real life and spend that time on something that's actually useful in life, than waste that extra time you don't have to in a game.
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t know why so many people care that someone wants a class change, if you don’t care for it you could just ignore it. I’ve seen mmos with class change btw and if you’re worried about inexperienced players there’s already enough of those to go around, plus simply getting to 50 does not make you experienced. Especially considering the fact a lot of people power level to 50. Let’s not strawman this one up.

No one knows what Zos will add to the game, not even zos. People said 2h would never count as 2 pieces and people complained about beating a dead horse but now look.

Ps. Don’t confuse entitlement with convenience.

Guessing people care as there so many other things ZOS should be sorting before even something like this is even thought about , so people constantly starting a thread that's been covered many a time is just a waste

And yet you're here still trying to counter the idea. Why prolong the discussion and give it life?
    PC NA
  • Dysturbed
    Dysturbed
    ✭✭✭
    Allow only I change per character per year or something to prevent the changing to whats popular today.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kind of shoot them selves in the foot if they do as would have been no reason for extra character slots when you can just change the one your on .

No Mate they'll still make Money giving a Class change option for people by Charging extra Crown point's, extra Character slot 1,500 Crowns, Character class change 2,000 Crowns I'd pay that instead of deleting my Character and having losing my Skill points retraining my mount going through the whole scoreline again for the 14th time ranking all the skills again, the purpose of this not wasting a Character that I don't play anymore.

Sorry but 2000 crowns is far to cheap for something like this , try 5 times that figure for the benefit of this
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kind of shoot them selves in the foot if they do as would have been no reason for extra character slots when you can just change the one your on .

No Mate they'll still make Money giving a Class change option for people by Charging extra Crown point's, extra Character slot 1,500 Crowns, Character class change 2,000 Crowns I'd pay that instead of deleting my Character and having losing my Skill points retraining my mount going through the whole scoreline again for the 14th time ranking all the skills again, the purpose of this not wasting a Character that I don't play anymore.

Sorry but 2000 crowns is far to cheap for something like this , try 5 times that figure for the benefit of this

The last official word I recall coming from ZOS on this matter was somewhen in an ESO live way back when the racechange and namechange tokens came out, they were stating that they are still considering alliance change, but never intend to do class change.
    Of course, they could change their minds on this... but I would not hold my breath...
  • Goldmähne
    Goldmähne
    ✭✭
    I'm very frustrated about my first character since beta. I love her, but I hate her class. :'(

So many quests, archivements, soulshards, crafting and mount points in a class I will never play again and I make roleplay too, so her house and race (Nord) are important to me! Nord and Templar was not a good idea for a healing character and now I know Nord are better tanks. The warden came and I fall so in love with this class! My Nord as a warden? YES! I will change and I will pay crowns for this. Maybe I can never change again. I have try warden many many times now and love the class.

I don't want change my lovely nord to a high elf or other good heal race. I only want play a class who came much more later.
    Please make it possible!

Sorry for english fails. I'm a german gamer girl and I speak not so good. :blush:
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldmähne wrote: »
    Nord and Templar was not a good idea for a healing character and now I know Nord are better tanks.
    The easy solution to that would be respecing that character as stamina templar and donning heavy armor, grabbing a big axe (because nord) and going for the "paladin" approach... ;) Tough and with emergency selfheals, slow and steady "grind them down" approach... maybe sword and board as secondary weapon for when you want to go all tanky, or bow if you like some ranged options, possibly twin axes if you prefer the "armored berserker" feel... That one works pretty well, or so a certain orc girl of mine found out, and went from mere crafting alt to a character I actually enjoy playing...
    The warden came and I fall so in love with this class! My Nord as a warden? YES!
    I hear ya!
    I had a nord "viking-ish" stam-sorc alt that I abandoned for a nord mountain man stam-warden backstory wise, and since redid as "daedric executioner"... but it was really, really vexing to have a class added later on when I made two characters (nord nature boy and bosmer nature girl) it would have been perfect for had it been available from the start. All I could do at this point is rebuild the characters as wardens, and leave the old ones lying around unplayed pending rebilding into a new character idea (possibly with a racechange, even, if they ever give me new races that might pique my interest)
    Sorry for english fails. I'm a german gamer girl and I speak not so good. :blush:
    Kein Problem! Solange man sich grundsätzlich verständlich machen kann... braucht man sich ja nicht um jedes (grammatik) Detail allzuviele Sorgen machen... und solange so Mancheseiner aus den "englisch ist muttersprache" Regionen Buchstaben wie "U" oder "R" für Wörter hält... sieht man immer noch recht gut aus, im Vergleich! ;)