Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Twitch Drops, Broken Extension and E3

Morg08
Morg08
✭✭
So apparently we should have been able to play a trivia, but if you used Chrome or maybe other factors it likely didn't work. I granted the extension access, already something many people would not know to do and there were no instructions given beyond linking your account, but the extension never loaded. I had no way of knowing it was going to work, assumed some part of the show would stop and give us questions or something. Right at the end, when I realized something wasn't right, I switched over to MS Edge to see wtf, I had no idea the trivia had been running the whole time. So when It finally showed using Edge all the questions were done.

If participation and having the Extension working was a requirement for the twitch drops that is pretty brutal. I'm hoping it's not.
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I had the same experience - maybe giving it permissions was enough?
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know a game was supposed to be played. When I got bored I started clicking, but then found out it was too late. I wish more explanation was given for people who don't know how to use these things. Like me.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Faune
    Faune
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me, and when asking in the Twitch chat (which was overloaded with fly-by text) Bethesda only responded 'the drops will come tomorrow'. Are those of us that were unable to participate, even though we were in the stream the entire time, reloaded our pages multiple times and linked both our Bethesda and ESO accounts just out of luck on this one?
    Late-night panda. I'm probably baked.
  • Crafts_Many_Boxes
    Crafts_Many_Boxes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the whole thing was really dumb. I don't really use twitch ever, so I have no idea how extensions work and had to do a lot of research just to figure out that I didn't have the option for extensions that should have been in the bottom right corner. By the time I got it to work (had to open it in a browser, not the app), it was like 10:30 eastern and the polls and junk were over.

The page that announced the giveaway didn't have any instructions beyond "link your accounts". If this is how Bethesda / Zenimax are gonna run twitch giveaways, I'm never participating in one again.
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how this extension works. Such a waste of time.
    PC/EU
  • Briolase
    Briolase
    ✭✭✭
    Well great, I guess I won't be getting a wolf then...
  • President_PUG
    President_PUG
    ✭✭✭
    The instructions for the event kinda were ambiguous, not one to boo hoo hoo alot but this one leaves me scratching my head. I did everything same as when in ESO:Legends and ESO events and got drops, this is kinda...iffy.
    “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.”
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no one that answered a question is missing out on the Wolf including myself :(
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It worked on me for chrome but lots of people didn't know how to get it to work
  • Morg08
    Morg08
    ✭✭
    someone is telling me, even though I don't have a Bethesda specific account or play the other games (just my ESO one) you may have need to link both to qualify... wow - sure hope not.

Warframe does twitch drops (my only other experience) and as long as you watch the stream for a certain amount of time your good. So I know none of this extra crap is required, just "they" might deem it required and totally optionally screw over, probably thousands of fans.

I sure hope its not true - I will say if you want to take your big event and massive hype and spit all over it make it feel terrible and crappy - poorly implement a rewards program that will screw over 90% of you participating fans. *thumbs up*

Even just explaining so terribly makes it a Feels bad man moment. smh.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had to switch to firefox, opera was not working at all (no tabs) even though i allowed the extension..

Opera (Chrome)
    fxP7jZK.jpg

Firefox
    hy8cN9r.jpg
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as I can tell there were still questions popping up during the middle of the stream. I had the same experience and just thought that opting in would be enough, but still checked the poll page sometimes. Right after the announcement of the Fallout76 release date the question "when will Fallout 76 be released" turned up, was only open for about 20 seconds before joining the closed questions. So I guess if you wanted to answer the questions you have to had the overlay open at all times (I didn't bother anymore after answering one question).

Anyway, from all I can tell of the announcement it was sufficient to just grant access. The extension offered more than these polls, for instance all these preorder popups. If you saw those you should be fine too, that should also count as "using the extension".
  • Anzaman
    Anzaman
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I just know that if I won't see rewards soon, I'll be pretty pissed after starting to watch it from 4:15 AM all the way to end.

After some refreshing the page, I saw extensions, but all questions were already closed at that point and only things I could do was look at bunch of links to Amazon pre-order pages for different Bethesda games.
    Nilene Nightsky - Healer Warden
    Niomia Nightsky - Stamina Nightblade
    Ebonheart Pact (EU) Veteran: 10 - CP: 101
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used Chrome (on Mac) and managed to get it linked (and yes, no documentation), and the extension loaded fine, got a few hundred points during trivia when it'd accept an answer before timeout. Maybe you had an ad-blocker up? That's the only reason I ever use Chrome, for sites where I think my Safari ad-blocking will break everything.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait..what?? I just watched the entire presentation, made a Twitch account first, which I didn't have, linked it to my ESO account and had the right url channel up on Twitch (Bethesda.net). Now you’re saying there was something else I was supposed to do?? What polls and trivia? I even posted in the “couldn’t read it because it was flying by so fast” chat stream. Hey, I was there, ZOS!
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly? i hope just enabling extension is enough. becasue once presentation started I missed every poll popup, cause i was too busy chatting with guildies on discord about presentation as it was ongoing.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait..what?? I just watched the entire presentation, made a Twitch account first, which I didn't have, linked it to my ESO account and had the right url channel up on Twitch (Bethesda.net). Now you’re saying there was something else I was supposed to do??

Since you are not mentioning that: You should also have linked your Bethesda account with the Twitch account (I created a Bethesda account just for that) and clicked on the puzzle icon at the bottom of the stream to grant it access to your Twitch ID. I don't think you had to participate in the polls.

If I had to guess I'd say they will just look at "which Twitch IDs granted our extension access and which of those are also linked to a Bethesda and ESO account". But well, "if I had to guess"...
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neither me nor my brother linked our Bethesda accounts. I didn't know you had to do that.

I did the polls for both of us. Both our ESO accounts are linked to our Twitch ones though. Hopefully we get the wolf.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    I can only give my experience;

Linked both ESO and Beth accounts to twitch account - ESO quite a bit before Beth but both done.
    Sat up all night to watch the feed (2:30 start UK)
    Watched whole broadcast
    Had puzzle piece on live - before even the fifteen minute preamble
    Clicked on puzzle piece and allowed it
    Had a bit fun on trivia / polls - was ranked at 135 when I took photo with phone!
    Left Twitch on five mins or so when live ended
    About ten minutes later re-logged twitch just out of curiosity

ALL ON PC (Laptop)

As I understand it the 'drops' are to be given in next 24 - 48 hours but Beth have put in twitch chat they are working on it!

Also, I was under impression that drops will show up in twitch inventory - but I really do not know!

It's twenty to five in the morning here so I'll be logging out soon and will just have to wait and see ... !

EDIT -To clarify, I used Firefox as it is my 'general' browser. Also corrected a few mistypes.

Edited by Night_Watch on June 11, 2018 3:46AM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    PocketNova wrote: »
    Neither me nor my brother linked our Bethesda accounts. I didn't know you had to do that.

I did the polls for both of us. Both our ESO accounts are linked to our Twitch ones though. Hopefully we get the wolf.

The wording is ambigious, unfortunately. Some say that for the ESO drops an ESO acount has to be linked and the Bethesda account for the other two. But on the page they just state you have to link both accounts and are not specifying if you will recieve none or only part of the rewards if only one account is linked.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    i didnt saw any extensions, thaught linking the accounts was the thing, oh well
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    i didnt saw any extensions, thaught linking the accounts was the thing, oh well

They should really have made that clearer. I mean it was in the FAQs, but only ever mentioned as an "extension" without specifying what that is. Additionally, it was really easy to miss as a requirement, since it was mentioned seperately and not with the linked accounts together.
  • CaiWenji
    CaiWenji
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a tab in the extension that said the poll questions of the extension were optional and for fun, but not necessary to receive the drops. I had the Twitch page open since 5 PM PT and there was no puzzle piece until 6:30 something when I refreshed the page. By then it wouldn't let me answer any questions anyway. I did "Grant Access" to the extension early and had both Accounts linked, while watching the whole stream, so hoping I qualify too for the Mount and Crown Crates.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 3 separate Twitch accounts (me, my GF, and 1 friend) streaming BE3, and none of them saw this mythical 'Extension' icon/button/link that we read about on the https://bethesda.net/en/article/3K92m0xeUMyqKEuQ8sUqSw/announcing-our-be3-twitch-extension website link.

Me, ESO: @Darkmage1337 / Twitch: Darkmage1337 on Desktop (2nd monitor) (while playing ESO on my main monitor)
    My GF, ESO: @Dracarys1337 / Twitch: Darkmistress1337 on my Laptop
    My friend, ESO: @Dragonclaw1337 / Twitch: Velxrian streaming on a phone

All accounts were previously linked with their Bethesda.net & ESO account management 'linked account' settings prior to the BE3 Stream. We even refreshed the stream a few times throughout, but nothing regarding a Twitch Extension ever popped up on any of our 3 stream feeds. So, hopefully we all still received credit for the 'Twitch Extension.'
    Desktop and laptop used Google Chrome.
    Phone was iPhone 7 Plus, Twitch App & Safari.

Hopefully we all get the rewards. :neutral:
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on June 11, 2018 4:22AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I just made a Bethesda account and linked my Twitch. Probably won't do a single thing now but I can hope.

Next time they do one of these there needs to be clear and precise instructions and the steps involved neatly laid out so people know exactly what is required.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Seems communication is the problem to our answer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TYfeww_FaU

I'm logging off. G'nite all!

"If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Kamatsu
    Kamatsu
    ✭✭✭✭
    A note - if you use any extensions/addons in you're browser that blocks scripts (such a 'NoScript') you had to make sure to not block ext-twitch.tv , else the voting overlay wouldn't show. I had this issue at first - gave permission to the twitch extension but didn't see anything, checked NoScript and spotted ext-twitch.tv being blocked... enabled that and reloaded the page, the extension was then showing and allowing me to answer questions.

Don't know if Chrome has a feature/addon/extension that automatically blocks scripts - if it does, could be why it wasn't showing in Chrome browser.
    o_O
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not good :\
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you explain who will get the reward? In the announcement nothing was said about the extension, are we not getting award even when we all participated?
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »
    Wait..what?? I just watched the entire presentation, made a Twitch account first, which I didn't have, linked it to my ESO account and had the right url channel up on Twitch (Bethesda.net). Now you’re saying there was something else I was supposed to do??

Since you are not mentioning that: You should also have linked your Bethesda account with the Twitch account (I created a Bethesda account just for that) and clicked on the puzzle icon at the bottom of the stream to grant it access to your Twitch ID. I don't think you had to participate in the polls.

If I had to guess I'd say they will just look at "which Twitch IDs granted our extension access and which of those are also linked to a Bethesda and ESO account". But well, "if I had to guess"...

Thanks for the info. Ok, I’ve done that now, too.

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My case is similar to many others, linked my ESO and Bethesda account to Twitch, saw the whole show, but did not participate in the quiz etc. nor did I enable the extension.

Lost quite a few hours of sleep hoping for a twitch drops :neutral: now I feel stupid.

Can we kindly have clearer information in the future to avoid disappointment or otherwise please don't do these freaky half prepared free giveaways, it does more harm than good. Please note that not all of us are savvy with all your channels. Call me old fashioned or dumb, customer satisfaction is still important.

Thank you for reading.