The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Gamebreaking Loading Screen bug + hostile untargetable player corpses

Stormahawk
Stormahawk
✭✭✭✭
The loading screen bug seems to be a lot worse after Summerset.

For those that aren't familiar, the loading screen bug is the 2-5 minute loading screen the player gets after dying. Specifically it occurs after hitting Release and waiting for the respawn timer to go to 0. After the timer goes to 0 rather than respawning the player is instead put into a long loading screen.

Each time this happened, I also had "invisible" teammates (they were there, talking but I just couldn't see their character at all, and they weren't stealthed or using any stealth ability).

After coming back from the 2-5 minute loading screen and engaging in battle, I notice that some players appear as "dead" resurrectable corpses while continuing to "run" around (more like drag around on the ground) and cast abilities. The players are clearly not dead but for some reason the bug makes them appear as such. While it is slightly amusing if it's an ally, it's problematic if the attacking corpse is an enemy player because I can't actually target them or attack them, which means death and likely going back to the 2-5 minute loading screen again.

This bug is currently sucking out a lot of enjoyment out of BGs and needs to be seriously addressed.

TL;DR
  • Bug appears to occur when a teammate's character is completely invisible at start of match
  • Upon death there is a long loading screen, typically 2-5 minutes
  • After the loading screen is over, certain players appear as un-targetable corpses that drag around on the ground and cast abilities
  • Please fix; this is ruining the BG experience
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    The untargetable "dead" enemy players are especially annoying since they can kill me but I can't target them. I see several other posts mention the load screens but not many talking about the "dead" player bug.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    its all the symptoms of the same bug - long loading screens+invisibleplayers+dead corpses moving+health desync and big delays, this come together
    Edited by Anethum on June 4, 2018 7:02PM
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard that using guild trader UI when ported into a BG may cause this. I have stopped looking at guild traders while in queue for the last 20-30 BGs and haven't encountered this bug during those matches.
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm, this bug is happening to me even several times during the same bg
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
  • Stormahawk
    Stormahawk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had this bug happen when I wasn't looking a trader UI. Still unsure of cause of it.

Like @ChildOfLight said it will happen more than once in the same BG.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »
    I heard that using guild trader UI when ported into a BG may cause this. I have stopped looking at guild traders while in queue for the last 20-30 BGs and haven't encountered this bug during those matches.

Guild traders are located close to wayshrines usually, so there is a lot of overlap.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 3 loading screens in one match tonight. 3 minutes each. Not fun.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stormahawk wrote: »
    The loading screen bug seems to be a lot worse after Summerset.

For those that aren't familiar, the loading screen bug is the 2-5 minute loading screen the player gets after dying. Specifically it occurs after hitting Release and waiting for the respawn timer to go to 0. After the timer goes to 0 rather than respawning the player is instead put into a long loading screen.

Each time this happened, I also had "invisible" teammates (they were there, talking but I just couldn't see their character at all, and they weren't stealthed or using any stealth ability).

After coming back from the 2-5 minute loading screen and engaging in battle, I notice that some players appear as "dead" resurrectable corpses while continuing to "run" around (more like drag around on the ground) and cast abilities. The players are clearly not dead but for some reason the bug makes them appear as such. While it is slightly amusing if it's an ally, it's problematic if the attacking corpse is an enemy player because I can't actually target them or attack them, which means death and likely going back to the 2-5 minute loading screen again.

This bug is currently sucking out a lot of enjoyment out of BGs and needs to be seriously addressed.

TL;DR
    • Bug appears to occur when a teammate's character is completely invisible at start of match
    • Upon death there is a long loading screen, typically 2-5 minutes
    • After the loading screen is over, certain players appear as un-targetable corpses that drag around on the ground and cast abilities
    • Please fix; this is ruining the BG experience

YES! This. Happening to me too.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killed by untargetable corpses, spent 2/3rds of match in load screen.

happening now. kek.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this bug is happening on XB NA ass well. The dead player bug is most often encountered when experiencing a long load screen before or during the match. Not to mention the invisibility bug, which was around last patch, is happening in the same manner even more frequently. You can check my post history in the bug report section and find the video I took of the invisibility bug.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

I'm not going to stop tagging staff members in these posts until someone ACKNOWLEDGES the invisibility bug.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster