The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Okay I cant figure this pet problem out for the life of me.

android_bowno_ESO
So I remember watching a video ESO emailed me a while back talking about finding young animals in the wild and being able to tame them to fight with you. I also remember reading that if you choose a certain perk you could tame beasts.
However, it doesn't tell you what perk or when X_x

Does any one have any information on when/where this tame beast perk thing is and how one can get ahold of it?
  • android_bowno_ESO
    No one..? ._.
  • Icy
    Icy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadn't ever heard of it, sorry. Can you post a link to the vid?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________Greetings, Outlanders from -Icy (@IcyIC)twitch.tv/IcyICyoutube.com/HulloItsIcy(not ZOS_Icy)_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Belhawk1
    Belhawk1
    ✭✭
    i don't know abt that, but while i have been playing, i have seen plenty of players with pets following them.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    players can have vanity pets, if you played the stress beta weekend you get the monkey, pre-order explorers pack gets you scuttler, and imperial edition gets you the mudcrab, these come in the mail
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I don't recall ever seeing any information about this game saying things were tamable.

Just vanity pets, as the above poster stated.
  • Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have a guess you are mixing eso up with something else :)

the only pets available are through daedric summoning line in the sorcerer class skills
  • Coggage
    Coggage
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've also never heard of taming pets in the manner you describe. I think you could be confusing two different games.
  • Censorious
    Censorious
    ✭✭✭✭
    WoW had that mechanism. I've seen no mention of it here.
    'Clever' sigs get old real fast - just like this one.
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @android_bowno_ESO‌
    I can confirm for you as a long term player that no there are not taming methodologies in the game. There are vanity pets, and sorcerers have a couple that they can summon as well as an ultimate that summons a storm elemental. But sorry no wild animal taming. There is one quest in AD where you subdue a bear and take him to a wizard but the bear will never fight for you.
    Edited by Corithna on April 1, 2014 10:13AM
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • android_bowno_ESO
    @Icy‌ @Tiyamel @Coggage @Corithna @Reb @Xionar @Censorious

Sorry about the late reply folks. While I cant find the vi, I was able to find the post I had seen about this.
    http://eso-wiki.com/news/pets-elder-scrolls-online/
    Edited by android_bowno_ESO on April 2, 2014 12:36AM
  • beriiel
    beriiel
    ✭✭
    Here

CAN I TAME MONSTERS?
    Updated 03/30/2014 09:04 AM Published 03/15/2014 08:54 PM
    Unfortunately players cannot tame monsters and train them as pets.
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/feb/01/elder-scrolls-online-interview-part-2
    And [we want to] make the player's development more about their choices. So for example, we want to give everyone access to something like having pets – if they want to. Right now a perk lets you be a pet person, so if you want that ability, you can go and get it."

It looks that this idea is in exact same place as once promised "subserver sorting based on answer in questionnaries at game start"
  • Corithna
    Corithna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Icy‌ @Tiyamel @Coggage @Corithna @Reb @Xionar @Censorious

Sorry about the late reply folks. While I cant find the vi, I was able to find the post I had seen about this.
    http://eso-wiki.com/news/pets-elder-scrolls-online/

Oh no worries on reply time, these are a big forum with lots of threads. I should amend my previous post to add that there are plans to constantly expand the game with new skill lines. So while in it's current state there is only what I mentioned in my previous post, there is always the possibility that such functionality will eventually be added. Any ways I hope this helps and that you have a great time in Tamriel!
    For all the millions of pages of codified law we have enacted in this nation alone, all of it, every word, sentence, paragraph and nuance, is steeped in the singular idea of this:

"Be good to one another."
  • android_bowno_ESO
    Ah I see. Thank you everyone for the help. I guess I skipped over the key words such as (We want to) and just saw what I wanted to see xD
    Thanks again and have a great day everyone!
  • kifyiib14a_ESO
    I really hope they go through and add this because I would love to have some of the creatures out there as pets. For now, I'm simply playing a sorcerer until something like that is hopefully added. :)