Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So they neved openen from consoles to PC service?

Sausage
Sausage
✭✭✭✭✭
I finally bought new PC after using PS4 a few year, I would love to try this with my new PC but I suppose its now possible?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. This means you will not be able to transfer characters on the PS4 over to the PC platform.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on June 7, 2018 1:47PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sausage wrote: »
    I finally bought new PC after using PS4 a few year, I would love to try this with my new PC but I suppose its now possible?

The did pc to console some years back despite what the mod said. I don't think the opposite would be very hard but as you can tell zenimax really doesn't care.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmguy1234 wrote: »

The did pc to console some years back despite what the mod said. I don't think the opposite would be very hard but as you can tell zenimax really doesn't care.

The mod stated they don't move individual characters between platforms. This is true. You'll notice this if you ever use the PTS. For a couple weeks it will be the characters from NA PC. Then they wipe all those characters to copy over the entire EU PC.

Before console launch, there was a limited window for PC players to do a one-time account copy of characters from one PC region to one of the console platform regions. This was doable because there wasn't anything on the console servers yet to get wiped.

To do this now, they would need to rework how they handle duplicate character names on a server through how they handle account unlocks up to and including DLC.
    Edited by driosketch on June 7, 2018 3:13PM
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

The mod stated they don't move individual characters between platforms. This is true. You'll notice this if you ever use the PTS. For a couple weeks it will be the characters from NA PC. Then they wipe all those characters to copy over the entire EU PC.

Before console launch, there was a limited window for PC players to do a one-time account copy of characters from one PC region to one of the console platform regions. This was doable because there wasn't anything on the console servers yet to get wiped.

Two do this now, they would need to rework how they handle duplicate character names on a server through how they handle account unlocks up to and including DLC.

I figured that the op was referring to moving his entire account. I don't see the point in moving just one character, though I suppose someone might want to do that.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »

Two do this now, they would need to rework how they handle duplicate character names on a server through how they handle account unlocks up to and including DLC.

I figured that the op was referring to moving his entire account. I don't see the point in moving just one character, though I suppose someone might want to do that.

They can't move one account though. They can only move to an empty server (when they wipe the PTS and when Consoles first released and no data was stored) They don't have the technology to handle same character names etc...
    PC/EU DC
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heck I wouldn't care even if I lost all my items or gold or dlcs I have bought as long as they would transfer my character over with all the cp I have from ps4 I have 1200 cp ain't restarting a new character but the stuff I got I could live without and I've got like 10 million gold and 20 million ap and a bunch of other crap if that's what it took to transfer my characters was just me giving all my stuff up then so be it I would just give it to guild members before I left ps4 and got transferred to PC zos just doesn't want to do it if their is a reason why zos couldn't do it because of certain things stopping them I'm sure their would be away around whatever it is stopping them heck I would just settle for a new character all together as long as they give me my 1200 cp it doesn't got to be the same name or nothing
    Edited by Jake1576 on June 7, 2018 3:09PM
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jake1576 wrote: »
    Heck I wouldn't care even if I lost all my items or gold or dlcs I have bought as long as they would transfer my character over with all the cp I have from ps4 I have 1200 cp ain't restarting a new character but the stuff I got I could live without and I've got like 10 million gold and 20 million ap and a bunch of other crap if that's what it took to transfer my characters was just me giving all my stuff up then so be it I would just give it to guild members before I left ps4 and got transferred to PC zos just doesn't want to do it if their is a reason why zos couldn't do it because of certain things stopping them I'm sure their would be away around whatever it is stopping them heck I would just settle for a new character all together as long as they give me my 1200 cp it doesn't got to be the same name or nothing

I'm the reverse. I would start with 0 CP, if it meant I could keep all my items, especially the RNG bound ones. It would probably be quicker for me to hit CP cap than earn 20 million gold.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@usmguy1234

They didn't actually

what did occur was they copied accounts who were eligible and placed those stripped down account prior to the game launching. Read the actual FAQ...it mentions that what being asked has never occurred.

That an I don't think ppl would pay for an even more stripped down service.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know why these types of threads keep reappearing ... when for years now ZOS has clearly stated they don’t do platform transfers.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know why these types of threads keep reappearing ... when for years now ZOS has clearly stated they don’t do platform transfers.

Maybe because in the future they can be smarter? I didnt had the money to buy new comp 5 years ago but I do have now.

No harm done I suppose, I just read that Fallout 76 is pure online game. Im gonna go there. But I would've loved to see this on my new PC.
    Edited by Sausage on June 11, 2018 2:58AM