Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Am I the only one having problems with the group finder tool?

ozm8ey
ozm8ey
✭✭✭
Ever since I first played this game back in 2014 I have had trouble with the group finder. I have had long stretches of been inactive then active again thinking it will work now but no. It still doesn't find anyone for me. I'm not gonna sit there and wait 30+ mins just to find a group.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No you are not the only one. Been wonky since i have started playing the game as well.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GF is nothing like it was in 2014.

However, faster queue times for tanks and healers which is pretty standard in MMOs. DPS can wait a long time.

It is faster for a DPS to form their own group from guilds and zone. Guilds are the best choice since we probably gravitate to guilds our style and speed.
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    ozm8ey wrote: »
    Ever since I first played this game back in 2014 I have had trouble with the group finder. I have had long stretches of been inactive then active again thinking it will work now but no. It still doesn't find anyone for me. I'm not gonna sit there and wait 30+ mins just to find a group.

The Activity Finder works fine, it's just that there is an abundance of Damage Dealers. I decided to make a Tank because of it, the longest I have to wait when I queu as a Tank is 8 minutes.

If I queu as a Damage Dealer it can be hours.
    [PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ozm8ey wrote: »

The Activity Finder works fine, it's just that there is an abundance of Damage Dealers. I decided to make a Tank because of it, the longest I have to wait when I queu as a Tank is 8 minutes.

If I queu as a Damage Dealer it can be hours.

It most certainly does not work fine. Why can i queue up for a role for a specific dungeon, not get a ready-check for 15 minutes, then drop the queue instantly re-queue for the same dungeon and get a a ready-check within seconds?

The reason why you are waiting hours for a dungeon is because the game is putting you into 'phantom queues' which never proc a ready check. There is no other explanation for waiting countless minutes for a queue then restarting the queue with the same parameters and instantly getting in.

Also, many times, the group finder will say that someone declined the ready-check when no one did. This can be easily replicated by using the finder with 4 pre-grouped people and watch it make you ready up multiple times even though everyone hit the ready check.

Activity finder is one of the most broken things in this game and its been this way since i started playing 18 months ago.