Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Elsweyr Will Likely Be the Next Chapter.

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
w8d72wm428oj.png
Fan favorite Raz hints that we may see him again in Elsweyr where he will be going to visit his family. Elsweyr is the most anticipated zone aside from summerset and many people are very curious to see how the other khajiit furstocks will be like. Murkmire will probably not be the next chapter because argonians are filthy handbag... er I mean the Russian datamining site only datamined a few map cells and so may be a dlc sized map. If zos adds different khajiit furstocks as customization options, they need to make the any race any alliance option for khajiits at minimum a base game feature. It would be a bummer to have to buy a separate upgrade to play a different khajiit furstock such as ohmes to enjoy an expansion feature outside of the dominion.

Predictions for features:
Play as a different Khajiit furstock, such as ohmes
More Raz
Rune with 1h
?
Edited by Aliyavana on June 3, 2018 8:52PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    If zos adds different khajiit furstocks as customization options, they need to remove the any race any alliance option for khajiits at minimum.

I don't understand this, why would they need to remove the Any Race, Any Alliance option for khajiit just because they've added different furstocks? It's not like all the others are banned from travelling.

Not that I think they'd ever do it anyway. The backlash from removing functionality from an upgrade people have already paid for would be massive. Besides it's highly unlikely we'd ever get to play as quadrupedal khajiit because they'd have to completely re-design all of the armour to fit them and I'm not sure they could use weapons at all.
    Edited by Danikat on June 3, 2018 8:28PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If zos adds different khajiit furstocks as customization options, they need to remove the any race any alliance option for khajiits at minimum.
    No.
    Edited by Aebaradath on June 3, 2018 8:31PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I don't understand this, why would they need to remove the Any Race, Any Alliance option for khajiit just because they've added different furstocks? It's not like all the others are banned from travelling.

Not that I think they'd ever do it anyway. The backlash from removing functionality from an upgrade people have already paid for would be massive. Besides it's highly unlikely we'd ever get to play as quadrupedal khajiit because they'd have to completely re-design all of the armour to fit them and I'm not sure they could use weapons at all.

it would be disappointing to add new fur stocks to khajiit as an expansion feature and have to also spend extra on the any race any alliance upgrade just to play those fur stocks outside of the dominion. Also the praise would massively drown the backlash as any race any alliance is counterintuitive to the elder scrolls "play as you want"

No.

You payed for any race any alliance for the service to use it while it was exclusive, you had all that early playtime on your out of faction races so you have gotten use out of the service. The entire upgrade is pointless in the elder scrolls "play as you want"
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 3, 2018 8:40PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you said remove ARAA for khajiit I thought you meant remove the ability for them to use it - so any new khajiit would have to be AD characters only. Not remove the restriction which is lifted by ARAA.

In that case yes I'd be fine with it, since I'm one of the people who think races shouldn't be locked into Alliances at all anyway. (Since there's plenty of examples of NPCs of all races appearing all over the world and no one seems to mind, unless it fits a quest.)

You might want to edit your post to clarify that since so far 2/2 people have misunderstood.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

You payed for any race any alliance for the service to use it while it was exclusive, you had all that early playtime on your out of faction races so you have gotten use out of the service. The entire upgrade is pointless in the elder scrolls "play as you want"
    OK, OK. Now that it's rephrased I actually agree with what you're saying.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    When you said remove ARAA for khajiit I thought you meant remove the ability for them to use it - so any new khajiit would have to be AD characters only. Not remove the restriction which is lifted by ARAA.

In that case yes I'd be fine with it, since I'm one of the people who think races shouldn't be locked into Alliances at all anyway. (Since there's plenty of examples of NPCs of all races appearing all over the world and no one seems to mind, unless it fits a quest.)

You might want to edit your post to clarify that since so far 2/2 people have misunderstood.
    No.

OK, OK. Now that it's rephrased I actually agree with what you're saying.

ah ok, I see how the phrasing can be interpreted differently
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to scratch behind the ears of every Khajiit I see... I'll probably lose my hands and be arrested for harassing the populous but it'll be worth it!!
  • myskyrim26
    myskyrim26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we will go to Elsweyr. I do love the idea to visit Murkmire as a full chapter, not just DLC, but... Elsweyr first!
    Edited by myskyrim26 on June 3, 2018 9:13PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to scratch behind the ears of every Khajiit I see... I'll probably lose my hands and be arrested for harassing the populous but it'll be worth it!!

You might need a ladder for the Senche-raht - they're supposed to be twice as tall as an altmer!

Which reminds me, if they do ever add the rest of Elsyweyr I hope they take the time to create a variety of khajiit furstocks and do them properly. For some of them it might actually make sense to re-use existing models, like alfiq who look like housecats and pahmar using the senche-tiger model, but I want to see all the furstocks in roughly equal numbers and in all kinds of roles - so for example you'd see Senche serving in the fighters guild and alfiq and dagi in the mages guild, all kinds together in cities etc.

It would be really disappointing if it was 99% were suthay-raht (the currently playable furstock) with occasional token examples of the others dotted around.

• Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because it's hinted at there, doesn't mean it'll be the NEXT chapter. It'll most likely happen at a point, but I doubt and hope it won't be the next chapter. As I wrote in the other thread, we just had an AD chapter.

I also highly doubt they'll make any major changes to Khajiit when it comes to appearence. It'll take a lot of resources from them, and it would stand out, with none of the other races getting that type of attention. If they do something like this, it should be in a major content update where they update ALL of the races in one way or another.
    Edited by Aluneth on June 3, 2018 9:25PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's like 6 or 8 different sub-species of Khajiit. There's no way ZOS would make all of them a playable option. All the work into making unique armor models for them all, character rigging, animations. At best if they did exist they'd be NPCs.

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So is it pronounced Else-where?
  • ecru
    ecru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's this or Black Marsh. I'd be really disappointed if zos adds more of Skyrim.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    There's like 6 or 8 different sub-species of Khajiit. There's no way ZOS would make all of them a playable option. All the work into making unique armor models for them all, character rigging, animations. At best if they did exist they'd be NPCs.

People need to remember this when suggesting new races. There will never be a non-humanoid race added that won't fit into current armor models.
    Edited by ecru on June 3, 2018 9:47PM
    Gryphon Heart
    Godslayer
    Dawnbringer
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Some would be simple and others impossible. Ohmes and similar fursticks seem possible
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly and unfortunately, Blues will have no Chapter, soon if this is true. Could also mean be a new dlc, for Elsweyr. For example like Orsinium and among others.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This really depends if Murkmire will be a Chapter or DLC. Murkmire was mentioned by name in this chapter, and we already know that its been worked on. If its a chapter, its most likely the next one. Otherwise, I'd still rather see more of Hammerfell or the Blackwood (Layawin/Bravil) region of Cyrodiil.
    ecru wrote: »

People need to remember this when suggesting new races. There will never be a non-humanoid race added that won't fit into current armor models.

And that there will never be any new races added anyway, so the point is moot.
    Edited by Tyrobag on June 4, 2018 12:21AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    This really depends if Murkmire will be a Chapter or DLC. Murkmire was mentioned by name in this chapter, and we already know that its been worked on. If its a chapter, its most likely the next one. Otherwise, I'd still rather see more of Hammerfell or the Blackwood (Layawin/Bravil) region of Cyrodiil.
    ecru wrote: »

And that there will never be any new races added anyway, so the point is moot.

Murkmire I believe was detained to only have 18 cells while summerset has way more, I think murkmire will be a dlc
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    w8d72wm428oj.png
    Fan favorite Raz hints that we may see him again in Elsweyr where he will be going to visit his family. Elsweyr is the most anticipated zone aside from summerset and many people are very curious to see how the other khajiit furstocks will be like. Murkmire will probably not be the next chapter because argonians are filthy handbag... er I mean the Russian datamining site only datamined a few map cells and so may be a dlc sized map. If zos adds different khajiit furstocks as customization options, they need to make the any race any alliance option for khajiits at minimum a base game feature. It would be a bummer to have to buy a separate upgrade to play a different khajiit furstock such as ohmes to enjoy an expansion feature outside of the dominion.

Predictions for features:
    Play as a different Khajiit furstock, such as ohmes
    More Raz
    Rune with 1h
    ?

"Raz, remove your fuzzy seat from our throne."
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's not
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cladius30 wrote: »
    I hope it's not

Cool, then what do you hope it is then? Skyrim 8?
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    God i hope not i really can't stand khajiit.. I can't even finish reapers march because they are there..
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just don't like cat people or lizard people..
    Why not cyrodill and change it from a PvP zone to a regular zone. Beautiful land scape.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be totally happy with Elsweyr. I'd be happy with another area too as long as it's not Skyrim
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After they butchered the lore for Summerset I really don't want to see them do the same to Elsweyr.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the different Khajiit subspecies have been retconned out of the series. We haven't seen them since TES II (so in none of the modern TES games).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 4, 2018 2:21AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the different Khajiit subspecies have been retconned out of the series. We haven't seen them since TES II.

Incorrect. They showed up in the Keyes books; a minor character is an Ohmes (??? The furstock that looks like a Bosmer) and her brother is one of the quadrupedal forms used as mounts.

And before you ask, we know those are canon because the Sleeping Tree in Skyrim came from the floating island that plays a large part in the plot of said books.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure the different Khajiit subspecies have been retconned out of the series. We haven't seen them since TES II.

Incorrect. They showed up in the Keyes books; a minor character is an Ohmes (??? The furstock that looks like a Bosmer) and her brother is one of the quadrupedal forms used as mounts.

And before you ask, we know those are canon because the Sleeping Tree in Skyrim came from the floating island that plays a large part in the plot of said books.

That's just a fan fiction that Bethesda can disavow ar any point like Disney did with the Star Wars extended universe (while still taking concepts from it, as Disney also did).

Khajiit were just humans with tails in TES I and II because it was difficult to model a pipedal cat sprite (or because Bethesda was not very creative back then).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 4, 2018 2:33AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just a fan fiction that Bethesda can disavow ar any point like Disney did with the Star Wars extended universe (while still taking concepts from it, as Disney also did).

Khajiit were just humans with tails in TES I and II because it was difficult to model a pipedal cat sprite (or because Bethesda was not very creative back then).

I'm sorta hoping for ohmes to look like anime cat girls tbh
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm sorta hoping for ohmes to look like anime cat girls tbh

That’s not an inaccurate way to describe Ohmes to be honest. I really, really hope they implement custom models and rigs for the furstocks. If they don’t plan on doing that...then really they just shouldn’t make an Elsweyr dlc
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is it pronounced Else-where?

Yes. The name literally comes from that. "A perfect society can always be found elsewhere." Elsweyr.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!