The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Too much downtime in early access

SchizoidMetal
SchizoidMetal
✭✭✭
Servers have been down for 6 hours now. So what gives? One of the reasons I pre-ordered was for the early access.
  • Richies
    Richies
    +1
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the main reason people get early access is to secure names. If you thought it wouldn't be like this I got news for you. *** happens. a pretty huge bug came up that I dont think you want present. MMOs run into issues during early stages, you'll be alright.
  • JohnD212
    JohnD212
    ✭✭✭
    Well excuse me Laura but we paid extra for this time. If this was just given to us for free then I wouldn't complain but to charge us more for the privilege of not being able to play is not acceptable. A good customer related company will compensate it's early access customers.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Servers have been down for 6 hours now. So what gives? One of the reasons I pre-ordered was for the early access.
    If you seriously thought you'd get to play without serious interruption, bugs, etc. then I think you probably never played an MMO on release before.

This is the reality of MMOs, all the alpha and beta testing in the world will never uncover problems caused by large numbers of players. Like it or not that's the reality.

In fact, compared to several 'early starts' I've been in this one is one of the better ones for server availability, at least random server crashes haven't been happening as is usually to be expected, nor have login queues been an issue.

No, I'm not a Zenimax fanboi, I'm not saying this is acceptable however it is the reality which you have to learn to put up with or go somewhere else because it's likely to be like this for some days at the very least I expect.
  • Winterstrife
    Winterstrife
    ✭✭✭
    WTB an Oceanic Megaserver... that's more than a 1/4 day gone.
    Waste of my (& many others I can expect) day off.

The very least give an ETA so I could have been doing something else rather than checking in every hour for updates -.-
    "Three voices as one shouted BLOOD FOR THE PACT!" - Three Hearts As One by Malukah
    S'trife | VR14 | Khajiit Nightblade | Ebonheart Pact
  • DanMan3395
    WTB an Oceanic Megaserver... that's more than a 1/4 day gone.
    Waste of my (& many others I can expect) day off.

The very least give an ETA so I could have been doing something else rather than checking in every hour for updates -.-

^^ This
    Waste of PTO.