The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[help] Ping issues related

Ethos
Ethos
✭✭✭
Morning everyone,

Where do we start ... Since couples weeks i got some ping spikes in the game (important), at start, i thought it was from my provider.
Many tests and conversations later with the provider = No problems related to my internet.

Thing is, i'm often watching stream while playing ESO, when the spikes appears, stream still running without any problem.
i tried to do some tracert on different location, i noticed sometimes it couldnt reach Frankfurt (eso servers)

My question is : Is there anything i can do, to see if there is issue beetween my connexion and eso servers ?

Note: The spikes always stop around 00h00 more or less.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

• Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    I read the problem come from Deutchtelekom.
    We are a lot with this issue on french side, 25% packets loss when reaching deutch telekom and even more for some players.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This not your connection, it is an issue with either the game server not responding or the routing to it failing in some way. Typically it can be seen while playing the game like this:

1. random disconnect - regardless if you are doing something in game or not
    2. immediate relog is passing authentication but is then unable to reach game server
    3. immediate relog afterwards is passing authentication and connects to game server

So there is clearly some unresponsiveness of the game server at times as a followup of a disconnect. And if you say that tracert fails, which is using the ping service to determine connectivity, this means that is most likely the local connection failing, because otherwise the game server would respond to the ping request regardless of game related issues.
    Edited by Lysette on May 31, 2018 2:48PM
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    This not your connection, it is an issue with either the game server not responding or the routing to it failing in some way. Typically it can be seen while playing the game like this:

2. immediate relog is passing authentication but is then unable to reach game server
    3. immediate relog afterwards is passing authentication and connects to game server

So there is clearly some unresponsiveness of the game server at times as a followup of a disconnect. And if you say that tracert fails, which is using the ping service to determine connectivity, this means that is most likely the local connection failing, because otherwise the game server would respond to the ping request regardless of game related issues.

This is not a disconnection issues or relogs/not able to connect.
    This is about getting constant ping spikes while playing the game from 400-999+ ping. Every few seconds. The game becomes literally unplayable. Even looting containers and fishing becomes pain in the... Either looting something takes 5 seconds to process or fishing doesnt respond when you try to pull the fish out. Casting skills/weapon swapping becomes absolutely undoable and crazy lag fest. People teleporting, damage hitting later, aoe appearing later etc etc. As engame players this is really not good as we cant raid without being uterly useless for the group.
    This is happening for few weeks now. At first we though it was because no patch the week before Summerset launch but then when Summerset launched and the same problem was still happening it was clear thats not that.
    At the same time its not the game and its not the connection itself either because we dont experiance any other issues when watching stream/videos/downloading.

Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Any info or help with this issue would be greatly appriciated.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Pera66
    Pera66
    Please help about this issue....5 week with theses lag spike now :)
    Lord Pera Magsorc EP
    Pera iZ Sick Magsorc AD
    Claire Chazal Magsorc DC
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    Using VPN fix the problem, but most of good vpn arent free tho ...
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend using pingzapper...it works for me...when going into group dungeons or raid, it is very stable
    Edited by NewbieOKS on June 1, 2018 4:42AM
    https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

I'm seeing all this as an Aussie to the NA servers.. Way more since summerset dropped.

I'm also seeing my pings go from 250 to 350.. sometimes to 800-900 on the NA server.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 1, 2018 7:06AM
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    NewbieOKS wrote: »
    I recommend using pingzapper...it works for me...when going into group dungeons or raid, it is very stable

Oh, didn't know this software i'm gonna try it, thanks for the info !
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NewbieOKS wrote: »

Sadly this software is also payed... Thats not really the best option for people without much money :/

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE @ZOS Zenimax should be solving this, not us and paying to play with stable game. But they just keep commenting "we are aware of ppl having problem with disconnnects" but OMG this is not disconnects the problem we have. They dont even read our posts or what.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Ethos
    Ethos
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt possible for Zenimax to change the "route/road" that connexion use ?
    Cause indeed, witht either VPN or PingZapper i don't get ping spikes anymore, which means there is route/road problem
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Could it be the redshell spyware crap affecting peoples games..
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @danteyoda a continous upstream to an api can cause a few ms slowdown and if the api hangs a reaponse it could hiccup, but these packet loses come from the routing used from server to box.

The reason a vpn works and pingzapper is just a vpn, is they reroute from server to them and then from them to you and they have unfettered connection non regulated.

This means there are no hops to your box, you connection 5o the 'server,' is to the vpn, the von handles all the routing issues for you.

Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    @danteyoda a continous upstream to an api can cause a few ms slowdown and if the api hangs a reaponse it could hiccup, but these packet loses come from the routing used from server to box.

The reason a vpn works and pingzapper is just a vpn, is they reroute from server to them and then from them to you and they have unfettered connection non regulated.

This means there are no hops to your box, you connection 5o the 'server,' is to the vpn, the von handles all the routing issues for you.

I see that makes sense i wondered if pingzapper was a glorified VPN and i wonder if me being aussie would make pingzapper useless to use.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this really still being ignored by anyone from devs? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BillE
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

I was wondering if that is possible. From Thailand using Mudfish VPN, I was sitting at a comfortable 260 ping for quite some time. Then, around the time this redshell thing popped up, I was back up to 350-500.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    DanteYoda wrote: »

I was wondering if that is possible. From Thailand using Mudfish VPN, I was sitting at a comfortable 260 ping for quite some time. Then, around the time this redshell thing popped up, I was back up to 350-500.

Not that. Its the route if you read everything said. VPN fixes things but VPN is not viable option as its payed software and seing in some post its also "not recommended to use VPN" by Zenimax.