Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We Need A Hardcore Campaign.

Emothic
Emothic
✭✭✭✭
We need a hardcore campaign with the following Mechanics: Faction Locks, No AP reward for Killing players, Damage, sheilds, healing reductions from 50% --> 25%. Siege eqiupment costs 10% less. End Campaign rewards have more rare and valuable items.

This campaign will have players focus more on taking objectives like Keeps and Outposts, and focus on actually winning the campaign. Rather then just AP farms and kill as many players as possible. It is for those who want to play tactically, and play to win the campaign.
Edited by Emothic on April 15, 2018 8:17AM
Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why no AP for killing players ? That sounds like PvDoor campaign more then hardcore to me . The other stuff sounds hardcore and I would try with reductions but do not understand why killing opponents does not get rewarded .
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hardcore PvD and zerging
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they were suggesting no ap for kills asa way to draw people into the keep battles rather than resource farms and path ganks.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hardcore?

you mean like having our genitalia rigged to our consoles and computers so upon death in cyrodiil or imperial city we receive some kind of freakishly high electrical feedback...

well, since you suggested it - i'm in :p
    Edited by geonsocal on April 15, 2018 8:04AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why no AP for killing players ? That sounds like PvDoor campaign more then hardcore to me . The other stuff sounds hardcore and I would try with reductions but do not understand why killing opponents does not get rewarded .

Basically this, as said below.
    I think they were suggesting no ap for kills asa way to draw people into the keep battles rather than resource farms and path ganks.

The main reason is to try and prevent AP farming groups who just sits a a resource and just farms AP form players. It is to "force" players to attack and defend keeps and outposts for AP. That why players will be more focuses on taking actual objectives, then to just farm a ton of AP and then only use it for monster sets or whatever instead of siege equipment.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What could be fun is a short campaign (like 1 day) without the emp mechanic where if you die once you are out of the campaign. I don't think the game could handle levels of Diablo 2 hardcore modes though, where some people would legit think about killing themselves after losing their level 99 toon forever.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is zergs would still reign supreme. Maybe more so. Any hardcore campaign would have to have some mechanism to reduce zerg trains and actually encourage PvP and not PvEarthgore/Destro Ults/Steel Tornado
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    The problem is zergs would still reign supreme. Maybe more so. Any hardcore campaign would have to have some mechanism to reduce zerg trains and actually encourage PvP and not PvEarthgore/Destro Ults/Steel Tornado

There is nothing you can do to stop people from zerging. Zerging is a result from map layout, and players not able to take on highly skilled and organized groups. For example: A 20 player AD group is killing us a lot. Well lets get a 50 - 90+ player zerg going and fight them that way. Use numbers over organization. Zerging is also a result from solo players or groups of players who only have 2 or 5 players in their group. Where though they are organized and skilled, but still doesn't have the numbers to operate effectively on their own. Also Zerging will happened when an enemy is on their last keep. AD has emporer and they are at their last keep of reobeck, well then you can be sure that nearly 100 AD will be there defending, so you are going to need 100 - 200 EP or DC attacking.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoCP Cyrodiil is the hardcore campaign for those who can play their builds without training wheels.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abilities should be replaced with more quickslots for siege!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    NoCP Cyrodiil is the hardcore campaign for those who can play their builds without training wheels.

Zaan/sloads = bigger training wheels in no cp than in cp.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Zaan/sloads = bigger training wheels in no cp than in cp.

What? No Caluurion’s to go with that? Casual...
  • Canasta
    Canasta
    ✭✭✭
    What about a mechanic in the hardcore campaign where once to get killed, thats you out of it for 20 hours. That would see some interesting gameplay.

With the rule that you would not be able set this as your home or guest campaign
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    hardcore?

you mean like having our genitalia rigged to our consoles and computers so upon death in cyrodiil or imperial city we receive some kind of freakishly high electrical feedback...

Rigging it up as we speak...
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emothic wrote: »
    We need a hardcore campaign with the following Mechanics: Faction Locks, No AP reward for Killing players, Damage, sheilds, healing reductions from 50% --> 25%. Siege eqiupment costs 10% less. End Campaign rewards have more rare and valuable items.

This campaign will have players focus more on taking objectives like Keeps and Outposts, and focus on actually winning the campaign. Rather then just AP farms and kill as many players as possible. It is for those who want to play tactically, and play to win the campaign.

Nope it needs a challenge campaign with battle fields ...

4 hour campaign first to emp wins or highest score at end of the 4 hours

Reduced map size so it just 6 ring keeps

The fields surrounding outposts are battle grounds ... When fighting here the ap for kills is doubled , and doubled again if you own the outpost ... No siege except rams

Teams must have even numbers ( 3 person tolernece ) any team drops below the tolernece they forfieght* (*spelling)

You play any faction ... So a guild can have in house challenges, we could add a ladder and have guild v guilds

In the event of a tie break teams are transported to IC where they must control 51%of the upper ring and collect a token of victory from molag bal
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    hardcore?

I was starting to lose hope and worry the forums were filled with mundane vanilla types...

you have reaffirmed my belief in my fellow human...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 5, 2018 3:28AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hardcore?

I was starting to lose hope and worry the forums were filled with mundane vanilla types...

@geonsocal for forum emperor!

Also, hardcore? Pffft ... gimme a full loot campaign. If I kill you I take everything off your body and vice versa. That’s real Elder Scrolls!
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    hardcore?

Never change! Hahaha
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hardcore?

@geonsocal for forum emperor!

Also, hardcore? Pffft ... gimme a full loot campaign. If I kill you I take everything off your body and vice versa. That’s real Elder Scrolls!

Then everyone would just zerg naked ;)
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.