Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Divine Prosecution [Query]

lamsasuke
lamsasuke
Hiya adventurers!

Just a quick query about the Divine Prosecution: Are they an order, a group consisting only of High Elves and are their armours restricted to High Elves alone in the lore?

Thank you!
  • Prinseth
    Prinseth
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t know much about them but I’d assume that they’d be just Altmer since the borders just opened for the first time.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm tempted to run around in Divine Prosecution armor pretending I'm the token nebarra who got hired on the force to prove to the queen they really care about diversity and keeps getting all the dirty jobs because the higher-up hope I'll quit so they can prove the nebarra arent suitable for the task of protecting Summerset.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're an order like midway between the FBI and the Spanish Inquisition.

AH HA ! NOBODY EXPECTED THE DIVINE PROSECUTION !

Only High Elves can be part of it in lore (as far as I can tell from NPCs...)
    Now I'm tempted to run around in Divine Prosecution armor pretending I'm the token nebarra who got hired on the force to prove to the queen they really care about diversity and keeps getting all the dirty jobs because the higher-up hope I'll quit so they can prove the nebarra arent suitable for the task of protecting Summerset.

Let me know the name of the officer who hired you so that I can report him/her for such an APRAXIS

(that said, nice explanation then :smile: )
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on May 28, 2018 10:26PM
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an Altmer only organization charged with upholding Altmer cultural and religious laws. Of course they'd be prejudiced against employing non-Altmer. This isn't your grannies Auridon, Summerset is like a much more developed and rich North Korea. The entire society is Altmer First. If you're not a High Elf you are automatically under suspicion for something.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Divine Prosecution does hire outsiders as temp jobs to complete jobs for them, as seen in the Alinor dailies. In fact they are preferred during these more busy times as Altmer have their own Path to Alaxon to follow and can't be diverted!
    Edited by LMar on May 30, 2018 6:41PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    The Divine Prosecution does hire outsiders as temp jobs to complete jobs for them, as seen in the Alinor dailies. In fact they are preferred during these more busy times as Altmer have their own Path to Alaxon to follow and can't be diverted!

True, and there's definitely one quest where the Divine Prosecution is willing to set one criminal to catch another.

At least they aren't as militant as TES III: Morrowind's Ordinators were. Those guys would kill you if they caught you wearing their armor!
  • lamsasuke
    lamsasuke
    Thanking you all for your deeply insightful, straight to the point and non troll-esque responses! They are deeply appreciated and will of great use to my etiquette to roleplay.

I appreciate further feedback on this matter should anything new arise in the future. Until then, good day to you all and best wishes on your ventures!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lamsasuke wrote: »
    Hiya adventurers!

Just a quick query about the Divine Prosecution: Are they an order, a group consisting only of High Elves and are their armours restricted to High Elves alone in the lore?

Thank you!

They are the first, the last, the everything, and the answer to all one's dreams. They are the sun, the moon, a shining star - some kind of wonderful, that's what they are.

But in all seriousness, they are the secular and religious/moral police of Summerset.
  • Kierro
    Kierro
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me where I can study Altmer Religious Law?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kierro wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can study Altmer Religious Law?

From the way they explained it on ESO Live, the people who determine what the Divine Prosecution enforces are the Sapiarchs, so I would guess the College of Sapiarchs would be a good place to start.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works