The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has the Ebb and Flow of Cyrodiil Changed?

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
How has the scroll and Defensive Ticks effected PC Cyrodiil. Are fights in different places because of scrolls?

Do people defend keeps more?
Are people rushing to the outposts after defending?
Are people defending scrolls more?
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any impact from the scroll points change, nor has the point value even come up as a factor in the decision making process in any groups I've been in. Scroll fights are still fun, when they work out, but I haven't noticed any kind of ZOMG GOTTA GET SCROLLS attitude. I don't generally roll with groups overly concerned with campaign score, though.

The ability to leave keeps after defending is fantastic. It's mainly just that now you can go clean up resources after a successful defense rather than that people are riding straight off to the next objective, but I've definitely been in situations where I've busted tail to get to a flagged outpost rather than waiting at the adjacent, defended keep for the tick. That's super nice.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is definitely more challenging to run around the emp keeps ring with a scroll than it was prior of the change. It creates alot more aggro and good fights. I like the change personally.
    Edited by frozywozy on May 31, 2018 4:28PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's made me completely give up on the campaign..

I now play much, much less and just go where the 'fun fights' are.

Edited by Biro123 on June 1, 2018 10:31AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »

Whys that @Biro123? Just intruiged as i feel that's the case currently on console. Vivec is an AP / action farm as opposed to a campaign goal push.

I hoped the changes would alter that.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Whys that @Biro123? Just intruiged as i feel that's the case currently on console. Vivec is an AP / action farm as opposed to a campaign goal push.

Sadly it's Dc getting farmed
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The scroll points changes have meant that AD are even FURTHER ahead on Vivec [EU]. This make everyone play for the campaign even less now and just look for fights.

Shame but I can't see me playing ESO PvP after next year when Camelot Unchained comes out.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah its just 2 people / guilds who have ruined Vivec EU for everyone.

If you wanted to morning cap you should have gone to an empty campaign like everyone else - not ruin the last busy, viable, competitive campaign on Cyrodiil PC EU.
    You are the single most reason that Cyrodiil in every campaign is a total joke now.
    You should be ashamed of yourselves.

• Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

What Nermy said.

The morning cappers in PC EU have been AD for 2 years now. They have won every single campaing bar one over the last 2 years because they have a team on early in the morning when nobody else is online - which takes every red and blue keep and scrolls. They then have a large group defending them which massively outnumbers anyone else until around lunchtime when it becomes a fairly even fight.. But since it takes so long with opposition to make that ground back, by the time primetime comes around, AD have already scored most of the points available for the day (and are often still scoring more)

Many of us were hoping that the scoring changes would reduce the benefit of this morning capping. But instead, they make scrolls worth 10 points rather than 1. So the morning cappers get all the scrolls, and now have a much, much bigger score each tick compared to everyone else.. And scrolls being scrolls, it takes much, much longer to get them back than it does keeps.. So its many, many times worse than it ever was.

It makes it completely pointless to play the campaign because we all know the result before we start. As it stands on Vivec, AD have almost double the points of DC and EP. DC and EP are fairly close together.. and every primetime, AD get hammered back to their scroll gates - yet they still win by a mile.... Pointless. Completely pointless. So more and more, good players are instead forming small groups to go out and just farm/find 'fun fights' / troll people (mostly soloers).. And more and more it completely kills my playstyle of solo but paying for the campaign.

I honestly was ignoring Camelot unchained before this patch - now I'm paying attention to it - while playing single-player games again..
    Edited by Biro123 on June 1, 2018 1:52PM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered switching en masse to one of EU's other campaigns?
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Shor is also ruined ^ It's now an Emp trading campaign because a lot of disgruntled EP + DC moved there from Vivec due to the morning cap.
    The only AD you find there are the pretty decent ones who prefer not to Zerg, so that's nice.
    But the map there + scoring is also totally one-sided bullshiz.

The other campaigns are totally empty all day long - so moving en-mass to there would just be dominating another empty map.

The actions of a very small number of people have ruined PVP for the majority.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    Well Shor is also ruined ^ It's now an Emp trading campaign because a lot of disgruntled EP + DC moved there from Vivec due to the morning cap.
    The only AD you find there are the pretty decent ones who prefer not to Zerg, so that's nice.
    But the map there + scoring is also totally one-sided bullshiz.

The other campaigns are totally empty all day long - so moving en-mass to there would just be dominating another empty map.

The actions of a very small number of people have ruined PVP for the majority.

/Agree.
    It isn't about winning - so switching server to woodcap + zerg a few small groups isn't any good. What PVP needs is large-scale, objective-based combat with EVEN opposition - and the feeling that your actions contribute towards the chance of winning the campaign.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    they need to remove scrolls and emp lol i was already sick off people chasing scrolls and leaving keeps empty, now that scrolls are worth something its worst
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the ebb and flow has changed in cyrodiil more due to the new quests. They gave real incentive to do those quests with the Triune jewlery tarit research rings dropping from there. Now even those, who wouldn't normally jump into a zerg, see that the zerg may take a keep. There is a quests that requires three keeps taken. So they jump in with the group or large amount of pugs to help take the keep. I have been a part of some epic keep defenses that I haven't seen the likes of in a while, but the server still can't handle the saturated population of those battles. I've also seen groups (8+) come to take back resources more than usual, probably trying to finish the 9 resources as a group.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube