Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Race Change Not Affecting Racist NPC Behavior

Elusiin
Elusiin
✭✭✭✭✭
So NPCs still act like I'm a Dunmer, even though I changed my race to an Argonian.. It's not a game breaking bug, but I really hate this... :neutral:
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You changed your noble Dunmer to a filthy Argonian?!

It's your own fault. :D
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You changed your noble Dunmer to a filthy Argonian?!

It's your own fault. :D

:o How dare! They're powerful, yet peaceful lizards who work with Tree Gods to do things no other races can do.. I love them <3
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DanteMR1995

On which platform and megaserver do you play TESO? ZOS must have at least that much information to remedy the problem. (Please read: Guidelines For Bug Report Forum)
    So NPCs still act like I'm a Dunmer, even though I changed my race to an Argonian.. It's not a game breaking bug, but I really hate this... :neutral:
    Yikes Oh, that could really be irritating. Sorta like mistaking a Redguard for a Breton or vice-versa. There was a racist tinge to some dialogues in Stormhaven about High King Emeric marrying a Redguard princess.

Whether it makes any difference in racist portrayals, I don't know, but we cannot change the Alliance of which the character is a member (although we can change a character's race).

Unless I am mistaken, since the One Tamriel update, a player can choose any one of the three Alliances when they create a character regardless of the character's race. Or maybe I can do that because I bought the original TESO "edition" which enabled me to create and play any character in any Alliance regardless of race.

That option is still available via the Crown Store as an "upgrade". So maybe One Tamriel per se did not change the default assignment of a character to an Alliance according to the character's race.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you are supposed to get insulted as a Dunmer, but not as an Argonian? :lol:
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!