The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Possible to change to PC NA Vivec

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
Maybe it would be better to have all the resources be worth 0 pts. Its enough that they are needed for transit and now holding at least 1 increases defense siege and of course they all contribute to defense ticks. Isn't that enough for players to see the value? Having them contribute pts to the campaign score just encourages hourly flipping for pts.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you think of the idea that instead of simple being worth 1 point a resource added to the factions score who controls it, the resources instead add to the value of the keep they're attached to. So for example an AD keep with all EP resorces would be worth lets just say 1 point. But if all resources of that keep were under AD control the keep would be worth say 4 points. (Keep in mind i think this change is best coupled with changing the values of various objectives but lets leave that aside for now)

The primary benigits of this change is that it means taking recourses doesnt actually increase your factions score (unless you also capture the keep). instead it effectively refuces the enemies score. This would mean we would see less of the behaviour where the leading 2 factions simply attemp to outscore one another by capping the weakest factions stuff faster than the other can. But rather it would mean to start outscoring the leading faction or the faction most threatening to you, you would have to actually target that faction.

I beleive this would go a lomg way to improving the scoring system in regards to resources.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible that might have an impact on the top 2 faction scoring but it doesn't really help the 3rd place faction. Making the resources worth 0 pts means factions have to push keep super structures for pts instead of bleeding an already hemorrhaging 3rd place faction to death. With the way resources are set up now they add defense bonus and defense siege increase but the lowest pop faction has no means to fight resource wars while the leading factions simply camp them and take keeps while resources are spent turning them back. It always boils down to numbers and while ZOS can't control how many or what faction players play on its best to eliminate the pawns in this chess game by removing the score value that is being used.
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmm I dunno, I dont think the solution to population issues is to just start hacking away at the core gameplay and reducing it.

My proposal improves the gameplay l regarding scoring. If you want to talk about population that's another issue. To which I would defer to suggesting the system sanct has proposed many times (and many others) of a dynamic evaluation timer that would effectively reduce the potential to earn points dependant on how balanced the population levels are. This would definitely alleviate the problem. Not remove it 100%, but mitigate it certainly. Progress not perfection.
    Edited by Vilestride on May 30, 2018 6:13AM
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The reason resources were made the major method for points gain was night capping. The thought was that even if a faction has the majority of keeps the other 2 factions could take resources more easily and earn at least some points.

The problem with this is that the evaluation timer is too long so it benefits just flipping every hour and you're done. If Eval timer was dynamic (because at low pop times the map doesn't change as often and points shouldn't be worth as much) then it would make taking and holding a resource actually valid in order to earn points for your faction. Rather than just go flip everything and leave as we have now.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe the best way would be to reduce everything to 0 points. Then everybody can just meet at Alessia bridge, a thing that most of any campaign population does anyway...

Seriously, the only solution to night- and morning-capping would be to tie campaign scoring to the population size. It's a moot point though as long as the campaign rewards stay what they are. There are only a few people left that still play for the campaign win on any campaign, the majority of people is just out there farming AP.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - Dynamically adjust faction scoring in relation with population bars.
    - Generate points every minute rather than every hour.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If Eval timer was dynamic (because at low pop times the map doesn't change as often and points shouldn't be worth as much) then it would make taking and holding a resource actually valid in order to earn points for your faction. Rather than just go flip everything and leave as we have now.
    Oh, that’s a really interesting idea. Make an inverse relationship between the eval timer and the population. Anywhere from 30 mins at triple lock up to say 2 or 3 hours for lower pop times. That way everyone’s work counts, but higher pop factions can’t pad scores during off hours as easily.

If only rewards for winning were more worthwhile now...
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these changes will eventually come true in “Battle for Tamriel” expansion.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if some form of dynamic scoring is even possible. If it is, perhaps ZOS will explore dynamic scoring further. What I do know is they can set keep and resource points with a simply change now. Maybe they should make everything worth 1 pt on the map and leave the scrolls at 10? I really don't know what the solution is, but balancing score and population seems to be at the heart of the disparity in PVP.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine a chapter PVP expansion? I wouldn't doubt that zenimax would do that LOL. A perfect PVP patch gated behind a $40 paywalll
    Edited by SwampRaider on May 31, 2018 3:24PM
    Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
    Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
    Alliance: DC
    Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I don't know if some form of dynamic scoring is even possible. If it is, perhaps ZOS will explore dynamic scoring further. What I do know is they can set keep and resource points with a simply change now. Maybe they should make everything worth 1 pt on the map and leave the scrolls at 10? I really don't know what the solution is, but balancing score and population seems to be at the heart of the disparity in PVP.

scrolls : 10
    keeps : 5
    outposts : 3
    ressources : 1
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction locks. Always was the solution, always will be the solution. Reworking the game multiple times over seems like going too far rather than remembering how play was with locks and how that might work now with only one competitive server. I know some die hards will say they don't want that because "want to play with friends" or "when fights get stale" or "I only swap to the undermanned faction" but really they sound more like excuses now than they did years ago- we are seeing the direct result of not having locks today.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »
    Faction locks. Always was the solution, always will be the solution. Reworking the game multiple times over seems like going too far rather than remembering how play was with locks and how that might work now with only one competitive server. I know some die hards will say they don't want that because "want to play with friends" or "when fights get stale" or "I only swap to the undermanned faction" but really they sound more like excuses now than they did years ago- we are seeing the direct result of not having locks today.

But it's too late for that. The time to institute that would have been more than four years ago, having each account locked to a faction. We're way past that now.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you imagine a chapter PVP expansion? I wouldn't doubt that zenimax would do that LOL. A perfect PVP patch gated behind a $40 paywalll

Awesome idea but shh!

:D
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Anazasi wrote: »

scrolls : 10
    keeps : 5
    outposts : 3
    ressources : 1

I would take it a step farther and make the emperor ring worth less points. Since they’re essential for supply lines, people will fight over them anyway. Make the tri-keeps worth more since they’re harder to take and strike a harder blow to the home faction and will give people more of a reason to his the back keeps.

Scrolls: 15
    Tri-keeps: 10
    Emp ring: 5
    Outposts: 3
    Resources: 1

Corner keeps? Could be 3 since they’re essential for transit but usually a PvDoor. Could be 5 to align with emp keeps.
    Edited by Anrose on June 1, 2018 3:41AM