The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ZOS missing out on a great money maker?

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
No matter what seems to happen or not happen in PVP, we still keep coming back ... well, a lot of us anyway. The original design of the player versus player was a LOT of fun. Clearly the main bulk of players loved it. We all stayed and took great pride in our factions and winning campaigns. Remember those days?

I can't help but think that ZOS has truly missed the boat in a lot of ways. Yes, there are some improvements to the PVP with different sets and options, but I can't help wonder how many people just simple stopped playing and subscribing because of the technical issues that have not been resolved yet. I know of a lot of folks who moved on from ESO because of the lag, loading screens, etc. I'm really hoping that the coming patch makes a difference and helps to increase the PVP population. I'm worried that it might be too little too late.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there there was a magic fix to solve lag they would have done it already. They've been working on it where they can it seems.

Also in before "upgrade servers fixes everything in life"
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I think there there was a magic fix to solve lag they would have done it already. They've been working on it where they can it seems.

Also in before "upgrade servers fixes everything in life"

A little transparency would have been nice.

Its one thing know that "Hey, ZOS says they dont have a magic bullet for the lag, loading screens, disconnects, bugs, and long-term exploits that are screwing up my PVP experience. Partly that's because they have to support a bunch of different computers, partly because of anti-cheating measures, and partly because they are working on exploit fixes but its very incremental work." (Which they explained was why the multicore took so long, I like this communication, ZOS, keep it up.)

Its a whole 'nother thing to have radio silence where its like "ZOS? You do realize we have lag, loading screens, disconnects, and long-term exploits that we haven't had any progress on for a year or more, right? ZOS? Are you doing anything? Or can you not fix it? Hello? Can anyone hear me?"

I'll be completely honest, I'm delighted that ZOS finally fixed the queue exploit for multi faction groups. But I knew about that exploit for a year before ZOS even really admitted it was happening and they had a solution and I had reported it several times. So I'm less than delighted with their response time on a major exploit that impacted the fairness of the vast majority of the campaigns I played in.

Bottom line, I understand that ZOS why likes to wait until they have a solution in hand before talking about and sometimes that takes a lot of time. But that long period of silence where I'm dealing with the problems and not hearing anything about fixes gets discouraging, especially when its happening on multiple issues. I've got jade-colored glasses now.

I'm hopeful about the new update, and I understand why the multicore changes are happening now and not a year ago. I love PVP and I'm willing to accept that loving Cyrodiil PVP means dealing with technical issues. But I don't like that playing in Cyrodiil does mean dealing with a host of technical issues, bugs, and still unfixed exploits. ZOS' poor communication and response time has jaded me, I absolutely admit that. That happens when obvious exploits like the queue bug go unaddressed for over a year.
    Edited by VaranisArano on April 30, 2018 12:41PM
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    sadly, at this point, seems like PvP is not even really considered

the nice thing about ESO is the CP system, because if you quit a year ago and were maxed, you don't really have to do a whole lot to "come back" as long as you still have your account

I think there is a "magick" button to fix our issues and they just won't use it for some reason, but if they did, I'm sure lots of people would come back, because at its base, the game is a ton of fun to play

but its all about player housing now so, don't hold your breath
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea Zos needs to bring something new to Cyrodill. Incentive like Double AP Mayhem is great while the event lasts but after that, the populations are even worst than ever. We need new objectives, new rewards and we certainly need bug fixes.

Hell if the game is all about housing, then bring housing to cyrodill so RPers can come make some territory guild wars.

I just don't understand why they neglect PvP like that. In my book, in PvE, once you have the gear, there's nothing more to be done (unless you have an OCD). In PvP, there's always the fight to fight!
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • Damien_Uvirith
    All PvPers should take a break from Cyro, and instead duel each other en-mass in heavily trafficked PvE/RP zones. An empty Cyrodiil might urge ZoS to cater to the other half of the player base.

ZOS won't change much in PvP because they can't milk the players teets with micro-transactions. Unless they start charging crowns for- nevermind. I don't want to give ZOS any ideas.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All PvPers should take a break from Cyro, and instead duel each other en-mass in heavily trafficked PvE/RP zones. An empty Cyrodiil might urge ZoS to cater to the other half of the player base.

ZOS won't change much in PvP because they can't milk the players teets with micro-transactions. Unless they start charging crowns for- nevermind. I don't want to give ZOS any ideas.

ugh, unfortunately a relatively under used/populated imperial city hasn't motivated zos to make any positive changes...

eso pvp =
    no-love.gif

from its creators...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

ugh, unfortunately a relatively under used/populated imperial city hasn't motivated zos to make any positive changes...

eso pvp =
    no-love.gif

from its creators...

Becomes, Love is Possible when strike. (NpC Strike)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.