The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Coming back, questions about Warden.

Gulnagel
Gulnagel
✭✭✭✭
Hi, I've been away for a while and I'm about to return and I'm curious where warden is now.

I main as a healer and I have both a templar and a warden healer and done a lot of veteran content on both.

However I PUG a lot and my templar felt more comfortable at doing PUG-runs. Mostly because of the non target heal BoL.

Where does warden land as a healer now, I'm thinking veteran content like raids and such, is warden more accepted?

Also how is the warden when it comes to tanking? Does it hold it's own in veteran raids? Or shunned?
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome back, Warden is dead ! :)

Just kidding, it's actually pretty good. The meta is stil busy shifting but it looks like for healing and tanking warden moved up the relative ladder. I say relative because as a healer it's not that Warden became better but they nerfed BOL from Templar which brings him closer. Warden definately has a place now with his many other buffs the class brings to the table

As tank Warden definately moved up the ladder: DK chains (pull mob to you) is now available to Warden as well in the form the reworked silver leash and DK talons (aoe root) as well in the form of new psijic skill "Time stop". The main and only real advantage now that still makes DK king is class passive sustain abilities.

So definately better overal for healing and tanking

ps: dps wise warden is way worse and considered 'dead' by many
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    warden is perfectly fine, dont listen to people that say any class is dead, they are just being toxic because something they used has been nerfed
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not much has changed about the Warden's healing capabilities, other than a snazzy Ultimate gain on the Nature's Grasp skill and morphs. 3 Ultimate when the HoT ends, unless you go with Bursting Vines which gives 10 Ultimate if you heal someone below a certain HP%.

Templars on the other hand received yet another nerf, to BoL this time. They also upped the healing abilities of other classes too in an attempt to make each class more equal to another in regards to healing.
    As tank Warden definately moved up the ladder: DK chains (pull mob to you) is now available to Warden as well in the form the reworked silver leash and DK talons (aoe root) as well in the form of new psijic skill "Time stop".

For the record: Warden has a Talon-like skill in Winter's Embrace called Gripping Shards (AoE Root) as well as their own Chain skill (Frozen Gate)
    Edited by Tryxus on May 31, 2018 4:36PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden works well in Support roles. Your Warden Healer or Warden Tank can complete all PvE content.