Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Lol, Do Any of You Seriously Report Bots?

• Eyro
    Eyro
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. Can’t be bothered. Generally they aren’t in my way so whatever. Yes I know. I am that selfish. If it doesn’t affect me, I don’t care much.
    Edited by Eyro on May 31, 2018 1:07PM
    Options
  • AH93
    AH93
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a few bots in Alkir (spelling?) desert over the past few weeks, quite a few low level players light attacking mudcrabs who have an insanely fast respawn time, just west from Sentinel city. Reported it twice, still nothing done.
    Options
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with the bot reporting system is for them to do anything at all, if they do, is ZOS literally made it a time-consuming pain tor report players so to discourage people from doing it. You need to report the account @-name and toon name, as well as the location and time seen, and that takes considerable time with how the system is, especially if it's a group of them. I mean, since they are bots, they are constantly moving, so you have to screen shoot each one's nameplate and then rite up a report for each one of them via the Report Player option in F4 Customer Service menu and it's just argh.
    So I reported a huge group of bots I came across in Auridon the other day. And ZOS's answer was for me to add people that I find with offensive behavior to my ignore list. Seriously? A group of bots crapping all over ToS and I'm advise to just look the other way and pretend like they're not there? :D

Hey, i got that same reply when i reported people for antisemitic comments in zone chat and sending me mail via their own in-game mail system with very hostile, racist and sexist comments. it's pretty much ZOS' stock response to any issue they aren't going to look into.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
    Options
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh I remember when I first got into ESO and started levelling my first character. I came upon a train of other players with pets running around, killing everything. I honestly thought this must be power levelling or something, so I joined them. After an hour I received a whisper from another player telling me I am following bots and should step away or I might get banned.

To be perfectly fair, I have never come across a bot train again. Maybe once, in Windhelm, there was literally dozens and dozens of players with impossible names running around in prisoners clothes.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    but how do you report all these big farming bot trains? in the beginning I tried to like follow them for the toggle interaction for reporting, do you make a screenshot of the names and report them manually, do you somehow send zos a screenshot with their names? I found it always quite hard to report them..

What I have done is report one player of the bot train, give date, time and location and note that they are part of a bigger bot train.

They have logs they can check to get the other player names.
    Options
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't go out of my way to report bots. If I see a bot train run by me, I'll tag one and report them for exploiting/cheating but in my report all I write is "Bot train/multiboxing."

I'm not the bot police and not going to spend my free time chasing after them and filing detailed reports. I figure if enough people report the same player for botting, eventually they may take notice.

Most of my tickets get closed within a few days and all I get is some form of automated response ending in, "We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 96 hours (4 days)."

Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
    Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »
    No! Not on the forums! Only in PRIVATE msg too one of the @ZoS guys
    or in your report ticket.

Yes not in forum. But 5 days till Christmas 2017. I posted something on forum.,I reported myself to zos. Got banned from forums for 3 days. Willingly get banned or not. Ban hammer does work. I just thought I'll loose my game to. I feel sorry for this one ZOS person. Mean clearly I was distressed, not with banned.

Was honestly happy about the banned. But I told my reasons why I did it and my Christmas is always bad for me. Especially really high depression. Even though s/he not answered back. I wonder certain zos felt kinda sad. But not allowed to write back? I don't like it, but after holidays I on these bipolar depression meds. Not working still, currently. But anyways, yeah don't post videos of name and shame on forums.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I report them when I see them. I've never received a reply such as yours.

Use this: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html

Bot Scanner 2000 updated for Summerset. It does all the hard work for you. Fills out the report and the correct categories, etc.

Scan em in, report them. Done. Those xi82k;Jk.a,,'[9873780 names? No problem! It does it all.
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FR0STDEE wrote: »
    Go to Alikir Desert, there's a huge bot train every day going from dolmen to dolmen. I try to report them but the next day there's a whole new group of them.

Those are not Bots. They are Players farming the Dolmens. You can usually join the group quite easily.
    Options
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been lucky so far (*knocks on wood*) in that I've only seen a couple of bot trains recently, but yes, they are a problem for a variety of reasons, the chief being that players are willing to pay real $$$ for in-game currency. As long as scripters can make money from producing a simple script, they are going to do it; it's plug and forget, basically free money. While B2P and other free MMO models are also a bit more attractive to scripters, the biggest problem for banning players is that there is virtually no way to permanently ban an individual from a site/game/etc.

And therein lies another core issue with scripters and farm bots: they do not care about their characters/accounts. To a scripter, it doesn't matter if his/her account/s are banned, just plugin a new email address and start over, simple. Permanent bans are a lot more meaningful to players with dedicated characters, all their achievements, gold, items, titles, crowns are lost. That's a huge blow, as it should be if a player has done something to warrant such an action; they can come back if they wanted, but they are starting over from scratch. Scripters don't have attachments to such things because the game is just a tool to make money.

So yes, bot trains will always be a thing on any MMO as long as people are willing to spend real money on a service or item provided by these scripters.

Also, in almost any company, customer service departments are under-staffed, under-paid (for what they deal with), and overloaded with the sheer amount of tickets coming in at all-times during the day. This is especially true for online games, so even though you're frustrated or annoyed, please don't take it out on them... They're people too. I have worked in customer support and believe me, not only is showing simple respect and courtesy greatly appreciated and in general short-supply; but I'm much more willing to go the extra mile for that customer compared to another who is taking their frustrations out on me.
    Edited by Raraaku on May 31, 2018 2:35PM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
    Options
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    The biggest problem with the bot reporting system is for them to do anything at all, if they do, is ZOS literally made it a time-consuming pain tor report players so to discourage people from doing it. You need to report the account @-name and toon name, as well as the location and time seen, and that takes considerable time with how the system is, especially if it's a group of them. I mean, since they are bots, they are constantly moving, so you have to screen shoot each one's nameplate and then rite up a report for each one of them via the Report Player option in F4 Customer Service menu and it's just argh.
    So I reported a huge group of bots I came across in Auridon the other day. And ZOS's answer was for me to add people that I find with offensive behavior to my ignore list. Seriously? A group of bots crapping all over ToS and I'm advise to just look the other way and pretend like they're not there? :D

Hey, i got that same reply when i reported people for antisemitic comments in zone chat and sending me mail via their own in-game mail system with very hostile, racist and sexist comments. it's pretty much ZOS' stock response to any issue they aren't going to look into.

Use Bot Scanner 2000 updated for Summerset. Does it all for ya! http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html
    Options
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    ok so new to this... How would you know it's a bot? I frequently follow a circuit when I'm farming.. like for Jewelry mat for example.. I have been trying to lvl quickly and have a place that I found that has been consistent so I've spent and hour or so going in a circle and gathering.
    Options
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I harass and report every bot I cross. At this point I think I should get xp for every verified report and extra xp for every one of them I manage to kill with an enemies AoE.
    Options
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »
    ok so new to this... How would you know it's a bot? I frequently follow a circuit when I'm farming.. like for Jewelry mat for example.. I have been trying to lvl quickly and have a place that I found that has been consistent so I've spent and hour or so going in a circle and gathering.

You'll know, it'll be a bunch of characters, usually with starter gear still on, all stacked up on each other using the same skill or rotation set every time. And the account names are usually just gibberish. They tend to be templars (in my experience) just spamming puncturing strikes. Their might be a few stragglers who fell behind due to obstructions, but there are usually like 5-8 stacked right on top of each other like their following the same cursor

Edit: The most typical ones I've seen are leather bot trains that just run everywhere destroying imps, wolves, lions, etc. for the raw materials.
    Edited by Raraaku on May 31, 2018 3:39PM
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
    Options
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always report them.

Sadly, ZOS is losing that battle.

I saw a botter/bot train than was at it so long, they were at CP87.

Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
    Options
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭

Options
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have better things to do (such as playing my own game) than worrying about what other people do with their time. If ZOS is worried about it they will take care of it.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
    Options
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I reported a huge group of bots I came across in Auridon the other day. And ZOS's answer was for me to add people that I find with offensive behavior to my ignore list. Seriously? A group of bots crapping all over ToS and I'm advise to just look the other way and pretend like they're not there? :D Why do I even both. So is this standard procedure or what? I mean, another part of the message did say that they would look into the matter and take appropriate action. But, I'll bet a day, a week, a month from now - that they will still be there, murdering all those poor bears and wolves. Oh, I know, I'll get PETA involved! Remember, when they went after Mario for wearing that Tanooki suit? I'll send PETA after those scumbag botters!

best way i find reporting bot trains is to observe, see their path, note it down, try count the amount of them, give a detailed as possible account of the specific spot they are farming(enemies, near anything specific, what they are spamming, etc) , make a post on the forum with all of it (no names remember) and give more details if possible, murdered many bot trains like this
    Edited by dsalter on May 31, 2018 5:27PM
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Alikir Desert, there's a huge bot train every day going from dolmen to dolmen. I try to report them but the next day there's a whole new group of them.

Those are not Bots. They are Players farming the Dolmens. You can usually join the group quite easily.

They are definitely not bots. Bots are much more sophisticated.
    Options
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Allypage wrote: »

Go harvest the nodes and kill the creatures in front of its path and watch it just idle off and spin around until it resets and continues. :)
    Options
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On console reporting is super clunky. I used to report as many as I could, before I realized nothing was happened except my time being wasted.
    Options
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buffler wrote: »
    When will you guys realise that zos has no interest in dealing with bots whatsoever. That became obvious when they got rid of active GM's all those years ago.

When you realize that they will never respond with when they got rid of them, or what changes they are, or have made. If they say we are changing X to fight the bots. Then the people making the programs to run the bots know how to beat the new changes before they even go live.

No company in the history of games says how they are fixing it, or what they are doing. Very few even make announcements when they ban accounts.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stiil report them. It's the duty of every Citizen to help the Federation.

tejfsHJ.gif

"If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Lunatic_Dizzy
    Lunatic_Dizzy
    ✭✭✭
    I harass and report every bot I cross. At this point I think I should get xp for every verified report and extra xp for every one of them I manage to kill with an enemies AoE.

Ha, I never thought about trying that. Killing them with an enemies AoE, that is.
    XB1 / NA
    Lunatic Dizzy (Breton Mag Sorc DPS) *Main
    Lilith the Gilded Flame (Dunmer Mag DK DPS)
    Varissa the Black Widow (Dunmer Mag NB DPS)
    Soraya the Midnight Blade (Khajiit Stam NB DPS)
    Heals-with-the-Heavens (Argonian Templar Healer)
    Scales-of-Stonework (Argonian DK Tank)
    Options
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should all start adding “bot had a glitched silver skin” in the reports and they’ll start taking it more seriously ;)
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

Options
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do report them. I use the Botscanner 2000 addon on bot trains. Solo bots are a little harder to figure out. You have to observe them to see if they do the classic bot actions.

Good man! That's why I made the thing lol.

There's a link to the addon in my signature. It makes reporting a 20+ man bot train take about a minute tops.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I have reported more than a hundred of them on PC/NA, but I gave it up at the end of last year. I dunno if ZOS cares about bots or not. I suspect that they only care when the bots are gold sellers. In any case, I doubt they care enough for me to waste my time reporting them. It was a contributing factor to me dropping my subscription.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 31, 2018 10:53PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • FR0STDEE
    FR0STDEE
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol
    Options
  • FR0STDEE
    FR0STDEE
    ✭✭✭✭

:D are you sure mate, I'm pretty positive their bots
    Options
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes bots do go in their group so not quite innaccurate to say some are potentially bots. If you got a zerg going for dolmen farming, check gamerscore if they are on console. They could be one that sells account.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
    Options