The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Lol, Do Any of You Seriously Report Bots?

• Revelzdevelz
    Revelzdevelz
    ✭✭✭
    if its anything like EQ or DAoC did then when they try to contact the player(s) as part of a list of verifications on wether someone is playing and it answers then they cant really do anything about it. You wouldnt want ZoS telling you how and where to play nor tell you that you cant have a name like your friends. At least that was one issue with getting rid of bots. May be very different now.
    Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS would give incentives on reporting bots (after confirming that they're actually bots)- that would be good for me. I report them because I want the game to be better... but I feel like they just don't give a damn.

Hell, if ZOS offered 1k gold per bot reported (and actually found guilty of botting)- it would encourage more players to report them.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Lunatic_Dizzy
    Lunatic_Dizzy
    ✭✭✭
    jssriot wrote: »
    The biggest problem with the bot reporting system is for them to do anything at all, if they do, is ZOS literally made it a time-consuming pain tor report players so to discourage people from doing it. You need to report the account @-name and toon name, as well as the location and time seen, and that takes considerable time with how the system is, especially if it's a group of them. I mean, since they are bots, they are constantly moving, so you have to screen shoot each one's nameplate and then rite up a report for each one of them via the Report Player option in F4 Customer Service menu and it's just argh.
    So I reported a huge group of bots I came across in Auridon the other day. And ZOS's answer was for me to add people that I find with offensive behavior to my ignore list. Seriously? A group of bots crapping all over ToS and I'm advise to just look the other way and pretend like they're not there? :D

Hey, i got that same reply when i reported people for antisemitic comments in zone chat and sending me mail via their own in-game mail system with very hostile, racist and sexist comments. it's pretty much ZOS' stock response to any issue they aren't going to look into.

Use Bot Scanner 2000 updated for Summerset. Does it all for ya! http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html

I would use that, but I'm on console and don't have access to addons. I really wish they'd add 'em, can't be too hard. I mean we got access to mods now for other Bethesda games on console. I really don't see much of a difference when it comes to implementation. Aint gonna lie, really envy y'all pc players for them sweet battle metrics addons.
    XB1 / NA
    Lunatic Dizzy (Breton Mag Sorc DPS) *Main
    Lilith the Gilded Flame (Dunmer Mag DK DPS)
    Varissa the Black Widow (Dunmer Mag NB DPS)
    Soraya the Midnight Blade (Khajiit Stam NB DPS)
    Heals-with-the-Heavens (Argonian Templar Healer)
    Scales-of-Stonework (Argonian DK Tank)
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have reported hundreds they have never gotten rid of them, makes me sad.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't report anything anymore since they won't give me the satisfaction to know the outcome of their investigation.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not anymore, nothing ever gets done to them so i don't want to waste my time, doing Zos job if they aren't bothered.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS would give incentives on reporting bots (after confirming that they're actually bots)- that would be good for me. I report them because I want the game to be better... but I feel like they just don't give a damn.

Hell, if ZOS offered 1k gold per bot reported (and actually found guilty of botting)- it would encourage more players to report them.

I don't think they will give incentives to report bots. Quite the opposite, if we stop reporting them, then they don't have to spend any time or money dealing with them.
    FR0STDEE wrote: »
    FR0STDEE wrote: »
    Go to Alikir Desert, there's a huge bot train every day going from dolmen to dolmen. I try to report them but the next day there's a whole new group of them.

Those are not Bots. They are Players farming the Dolmens. You can usually join the group quite easily.

:D are you sure mate, I'm pretty positive their bots

On PC/NA, my feeling is that these are largely players, not bots. People run addons to make it easy to group for XP and loot, and the leader tells everyone what dolmen to go to next.

I would never report anyone doing this. There is no way to confirm they are bots. Reporting non-bot players that are just playing the game sucks up whatever meager resources ZOS has for handing player complaints.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 1, 2018 11:37AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • munster1404
    munster1404
    ✭✭✭
    I never bother reporting bots. Some time I run ahead of them and steal their kills for laughs.
    Options
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. When I've come across bots I do my best to run up to them and report them. Unfortunately it's pretty cumbersome to try and report multiple closely-packed characters on the move.
    Options
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I pass a train, I'll still report a couple one each time they pass by me. Chances are ZOS knows where most of the worst trains are, but I figure it doesn't hurt.

I seem to recall a massive bot purge a year or two back where they stated that sometimes, they let the bots run to help them figure out how they're bypassing the server's defenses so they can work out some counter-measures. Not sure if that's still the case, but we just don't know. I do think assuming they're doing nothing is unfair... just because we don't see it doesn't mean it's not happening.

On PC/NA, my feeling is that these are largely players, not bots. People run addons to make it easy to group for XP and loot, and the leader tells everyone what dolmen to go to next.

I would never report anyone doing this. There is no way to confirm they are bots. Reporting non-bot players that are just playing the game sucks up whatever meager resources ZOS has for handing player complaints.

Except that bot trains are very easy to identify. They circle one small area over and over again, always taking the same exact path (turning at the same locations, etc) and swinging at the same spots. Usually, they're followed by a train of sorc pets. It is very difficult to mistake a legitimate grinding group or dolmen train for that.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on June 1, 2018 1:11PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except that bot trains are very easy to identify. They circle one small area over and over again, always taking the same exact path (turning at the same locations, etc) and swinging at the same spots. Usually, they're followed by a train of sorc pets. It is very difficult to mistake a legitimate grinding group or dolmen train for that.

I was replying to a comment about people farming dolmens being bots. It is not so easy to tell who might be a bot, mainly due to the noise level due to so many players being in such a small area.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Wooticus
    Wooticus
    Soul Shriven
    I have to agree this is getting very old there have been numerous complaints about this for years and not much has changed.
    Some MMOs I have played in the past had in game GM's that would look into these reports and take care of the problem.

I dont see a reason why they are not taking care of this it intrudes on others game play and has economic impacts. I think that people should still be reporting the BOTs and its pretty sad that this issue is never acknowledged. The way I see it is it put a Black Mark on the game people dont think to highly of a company that does not enforce their TOS with actions that infringe on other peoples gameplay. Keep the posts and threads coming guys the more the better.

I suggest you us the following Add On Bot Scanner 2000 it helps a ton reporting multiple trains of bots it grabs all the names for you.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1818-BotScanner2000.html
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wooticus wrote: »
    I dont see a reason why they are not taking care of this it intrudes on others game play and has economic impacts. I think that people should still be reporting the BOTs and its pretty sad that this issue is never acknowledged. The way I see it is it put a Black Mark on the game people dont think to highly of a company that does not enforce their TOS with actions that infringe on other peoples gameplay. Keep the posts and threads coming guys the more the better.
    The botting that goes ignored in this game is so incredibly basic that at some level, ZOS must have simply decided to accept it.

There are technical solutions that would not be challenging to implement which would at least create a barrier of entry so the common idiot can't download software and start botting without much effort -- which is the case now.

My guess is that the players concerned about the player economy must be low priority for ZOS. I think this is probably because they make so much money selling Crowns. I think that probably the most important audience to ZOS right now is the Homestead/Crate customer who buys houses, furniture and mounts with dollars.
    Edited by zyk on June 1, 2018 5:31PM
    Options
  • CMFan1966
    CMFan1966
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I report bots when I can get a name. I figure ZOS knows what they are doing. It's up to me to report them and then the rest is up to them. I'll go for ages and not see a single bot train. Then it seems like I see them over and over and over again. At dolmens, I can really only tell if it's a bot if the person with the staff is spamming light attacks at the same intervals while the dolmen is inactive. Those bots are easy to report!
    Options
  • ZioGio
    ZioGio
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, just reported a train last night. Will anything come of it? I don't know, but I do know that doing nothing would guarantee no action taken to ban them.
    PC NA
    Options
  • Jerkling
    Jerkling
    ✭✭✭✭
    "bots", lol...
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I reported a huge group of bots I came across in Auridon the other day. And ZOS's answer was for me to add people that I find with offensive behavior to my ignore list. Seriously? A group of bots crapping all over ToS and I'm advise to just look the other way and pretend like they're not there? :D Why do I even both. So is this standard procedure or what? I mean, another part of the message did say that they would look into the matter and take appropriate action. But, I'll bet a day, a week, a month from now - that they will still be there, murdering all those poor bears and wolves. Oh, I know, I'll get PETA involved! Remember, when they went after Mario for wearing that Tanooki suit? I'll send PETA after those scumbag botters!

i stopped reporting them ive reported hundreds of times and their still floating so i just gave up theyll never be rid of them
    Options
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did back in the old days but I haven't seen any on pc in quite some time.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zardayne wrote: »

glenumbra near aldcroft where th witches are, rivenspire in that old broken fortress with the rats, craglorn they farm ore only. etc etc their there just gotta look their normally pet sorcs
    Options
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to. I'll still usually report one if I see a train and can get to it.

Imagine if someone had the same idea as you whilst you were running after the bots. Instead of reporting the bot(s), they reported you because you too were part of the train so to speak.
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to. I'll still usually report one if I see a train and can get to it.

Imagine if someone had the same idea as you whilst you were running after the bots. Instead of reporting the bot(s), they reported you because you too were part of the train so to speak.

normally bots you tend to try and talk to them first cause of that exact issue
    Options
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    Zardayne wrote: »

glenumbra near aldcroft where th witches are, rivenspire in that old broken fortress with the rats, craglorn they farm ore only. etc etc their there just gotta look their normally pet sorcs

I just recently began knocking out the quests in Craglorn with my Warden. I'll keep my eye out.

I havent seen anything like back in the day where I stopped to pick up an herb and there was a players head under it like he was traveling under the earth. I was like WTF!
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    lientier wrote: »
    but how do you report all these big farming bot trains? in the beginning I tried to like follow them for the toggle interaction for reporting, do you make a screenshot of the names and report them manually, do you somehow send zos a screenshot with their names? I found it always quite hard to report them..

Exactly what I do. I follow the train spamming my screenshot button and then sort through the screenshots to get the names and then report them individually, and then send the screenshots back when I get the auto-response from ZOS in email.

It takes me about half an hour sometimes with a big train. Yes, I hate them that much.
    Options
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    I do, but never seems like anything is done about it--so I don't know why I bother. They are right back in the same spot every day!
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, I report as many as I can whenever I happen across them. It can be hard to tease theme out of the pack but I do my best, take a couple minutes to be as thorough as possible, and then move on.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options