The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Since when does the camera turn when using the enchanting table?

lientier
lientier
✭✭✭✭
Is this a weird bug, or from an updated addon? I dont see anything in the patchnotes, but since all the updates today from ESO and the addons my camera turns when I use the enchantment table. I mean its neat.. only the turn doesnt go very smooth, first it does, but then you always get quite a stutter and the table goes very "close" to the camera which doesnt look nice..

The only crafting related addon I use is multicraft.
PC-EU @lientier

Best Answer

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting tables (at least most of them) have always given you the camera turn when using them, just like with any other crafting station. Some items can block the movement, so if there was previously something in the way, or is something in the way now, it may affect/have affected the camera movement when entering the crafting menu. The stutter is either the camera getting stuck on something or lag, like it has always been.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed right after Summerset hit that the enchanting tables in the shop by the wayshrine in Mournhold were reduced from two to one in order to accommodate the new jewelry station. Coincident with that, the (now) one enchanting table does give me an odd animation.

When my character activates it, the camera opens to more range and slowly swings around to the other side of the table. Trouble is there is a wall right against the back of the table so the range jumps around and is rather disorientingly irritating. I've actually gone to closing my eyes during the animation.

Yeah, not pleasant. PC NA here and only addons I run are dismiss pet and skyshards.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    agree, very weird
    PC-EU @lientier
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hadnt realized actually with enchanting tables that they would turn so far and zoom out so much as they did now in Deshaan
    PC-EU @lientier