The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How long are healer queues?

thearchivist95
Do healers get into content through dungeon finder and pugs fairly quickly? I'd like to try a healer with some minor DPS capabilities but I sometimes have limited playtime and don't prefer to spend it waiting for content.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• thearchivist95
    I don't plan to push past normal trials. At least not often.

Basically I plan to do normal and veteran dungeons, and normal trials. I'm interested in making a Breton warden healer (or possibly wood elf for the lore but I know their racials don't lend themselves to healing) and would like to be able to spend more time healing than waiting to heal.

Hopefully that helps, sorry I wasn't super specific before, I was rushing out the door, my bad :persevere:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't plan to push past normal trials. At least not often.

Basically I plan to do normal and veteran dungeons, and normal trials. I'm interested in making a Breton warden healer (or possibly wood elf for the lore but I know their racials don't lend themselves to healing)

Last thing you need to worry about is the Meta for a Healer outside of competitive trials for scores. As long as you have a good pool of magic, some good spell power/crits and can manage your resources, you can heal anything in the game effectively.

So, roll whatever suits your fancy for a healer.

Heck, level Resto Staff on any character and you can effectively heal most content just fine, well, maybe not a pure Stamina Character. That might not work well.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• thearchivist95
    This is encouraging. In WoW, healer queue times can be upwards of 10 minutes at times for dungeons, and easily 30 minutes+ for raid finder. It really sucks because the fun of healing isn't accessible outside of group content, so if you have to wait forever to get into it... what's the point even?

Glad that it doesn't appear to be the case here.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usually 5 minutes for me
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    It's bad as on my DD and I talk about veteran group dungeons on pledge day! I posted how I even had to wait 20+ min.

Normal one are pretty much fast, but in normal you do much more DPS than you heal anyway.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just yesterday I pugged with my healer. Asked for normal FGI only (the day's pledge from Maj). Queue took 5-10 min and got a nice group just inside the door. Run went well. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Just yesterday I pugged with my healer. Asked for normal FGI only (the day's pledge from Maj). Queue took 5-10 min and got a nice group just inside the door. Run went well. :)
    This is garbage waiting time as on my DD and healer, too.
    When you are a tank (I have Warden tank), it's mostly instant for pledges.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Almost as quick as my tank, which is usually within 10 seconds. Switching between the two can avoid bad groups, the 15 minute penalty, and almost always get 4 keys and usually 6 keys between the two of them.

(PS4NA)
    Fear is the Mindkiller