The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magblade PvP Sets

Kumba_Ya
Kumba_Ya
✭✭
Hey guys.
I’m going to try magblade in PvP for the first time and was stuck between deciding on two sets for survivability. I’m trying to decide between Transmutation and Wizards Reposte. I will be running these sets with either war maiden or Julianos. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on which set would be more valuable on a magblade between the 15% damage mitigation vs 1250 crit resist. To proc transmutation I would use refreshing path on my back bar. I will just have both 5pc always active.

I’d love any advice anyone has on these sets or any other sets that have worked better for them. Just don’t have enough gold to change my mind half way so wanted some opinions on the effectiveness of running war maiden / wizards or war maiden / transmutation. Thanks :)
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    atm im running war maiden / wizards and 2 1piece monster sets, working out really great for me, but with the summerset patch im really thinking of always running shade with how hes been changed so it might lower the efficiency and I might swap it out.
    On the other hand though the shade will probably often be placed where he doesnt have LOS on my enemy and as it cant help me debuffing when being overwhelemed by multiple people at once. Guess Id only not run wizards if I would be using fear on top of the shade, but I usually dont do that.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo, it comes down to one question. Are you stacking two shields? If you’re using Harness/Dampen in conjunction with Healing award then the already superior defensive prowess of Wizards is going to be significantly more effective than Trans.

I wouldn’t run either set on both bars, something like

2x undaunted
    5 Maiden front bar (3x Body+inferno staff)
    5 Wizards/Trans (Neck,2 Body, resto staff)
    2x willpower rings
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 29, 2018 10:58AM
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riposte works well if you can survive initial bursts. One of my problems with it is that if you get jumped by multiple people, the effect will kick in but after they have all hit you, and often times, that can be once you are already at 30% health or lower.

I would prefer something that is more continuously active, but I haven't tried transmutation yet
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best defense is a good offense...and, shadowy disguise :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know funnel health procs transmutation also right? Using funnel health around other people will give you a near 100% uptime on transmutation. You could actually run both and still do decent damage.
    Edited by LegacyDM on May 29, 2018 5:44PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Kumba_Ya
    Kumba_Ya
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Imo, it comes down to one question. Are you stacking two shields? If you’re using Harness/Dampen in conjunction with Healing award then the already superior defensive prowess of Wizards is going to be significantly more effective than Trans.

I wouldn’t run either set on both bars, something like

2x undaunted
    5 Maiden front bar (3x Body+inferno staff)
    5 Wizards/Trans (Neck,2 Body, resto staff)
    2x willpower rings

Thanks for the advice I’ll start with this setup with Wizards to begin.

• Kumba_Ya
    Kumba_Ya
    ✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    You know funnel health procs transmutation also right? Using funnel health around other people will give you a near 100% uptime on transmutation. You could actually run both and still do decent damage.

I actually didn’t know that lol. I think I’m going to try wizards and save transmutation for a group healing build in the future.