Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we please get 1, just one, faction locked campaign?

• Raknosh
    Raknosh
    ✭✭✭✭
    To all those who says no to this, just *** play the other campaigns that aren't locked, C'mon dude you have 0 argument...
    That's why there is 4 campaigns, there is all kinds of campaigns setup so everyone can be happy.
    Founder of PUGz of Daggerfall
    Former Emperors : Dragon of the PUGz, Witcher of the PUGz
  • EIGHTS
    EIGHTS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm done with those STUPID crossing faction people.
    They come to one faction and pretend to be the Savior.

No. They are just the game destroyers.

This is unfair to everyone that plays the game so hard for their faction.
    I'm not native speaker in English. I hope that I don't make you misunderstand.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raknosh wrote: »
    To all those who says no to this, just *** play the other campaigns that aren't locked, C'mon dude you have 0 argument...
    That's why there is 4 campaigns, there is all kinds of campaigns setup so everyone can be happy.

you are the ones with no argument. every point, and there are not many, that you've made for, has been negated. What you are asking will dilute the population of the current campaigns, it wont fix what you want to fix. So why do it?

i should be able to play whatever toon i want in there at any time i want. not when some random internet *** decides i can.
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we removed a few nonconstructive comments. Please remember to keep comments on topic and make sure they add something to the conversation. It's fine to disagree with other members, but posts should remain civil.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is only one campaigns? The other three are just overflows
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If ZOS brought faction lock back, I would just quit whatever campaign that's locked. If that turns out to be the main campaign, I'd just PvE and let the campaign die until people beg to have it reversed. I have two brothers that play in other alliances, and if someone expects me to not play with them because they want to RP, then they have another thing coming. What's funny is that people are crying about a lock because some players faction hop...does that mean you are admitting your alliance is crap without them? Guess what will happen when they choose an alliance...it won't be yours!
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    If ZOS brought faction lock back, I would just quit whatever campaign that's locked. If that turns out to be the main campaign, I'd just PvE and let the campaign die until people beg to have it reversed. I have two brothers that play in other alliances, and if someone expects me to not play with them because they want to RP, then they have another thing coming. What's funny is that people are crying about a lock because some players faction hop...does that mean you are admitting your alliance is crap without them? Guess what will happen when they choose an alliance...it won't be yours!

why not just play in that campaign with one of them for the duration of the camping (7 days), surely you can survive? Or between the three of you, you can't decide that one or two of you level toons in another faction so you can always play together? Or just play a different campaign?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

why not just play in that campaign with one of them for the duration of the camping (7 days), surely you can survive? Or between the three of you, you can't decide that one or two of you level toons in another faction so you can always play together? Or just play a different campaign?

Not playing is a better idea for more than one reason:

(1) Those in favor can have what they want and enjoy it with one or more less players. Since I wouldn't like the change, I'll speak with my presence and not play in Cyrodil at all. I won't be missing much and I have plenty of PvE content I haven't touched to hold me over until people start screaming for the change to be reverted.

(2) Every argument FOR these changes coming back, I don't agree with. "It will stop faction hoppers" - except those with more than one account; "it will stop dubious ap farming" - except when someone pays an enemy guild to clog up the queue and help them get emp (everyone knows some of this shady RMT stuff is going on in Cyro for emp achievement...you really think a lock gonna stop that? The solution is for ZOS to investigate and ban these fools); "faction loyalty - people will start caring about objectives" - like they always have, right? "[X losing faction] will become great again!," "people will come back!" etc. The lock will cut down nothing, but it will be a successful barrier that annoys me and anyone else that disagrees with any of these flawed statements used to argue FOR a lock.

(3) I simply don't want to do what someone else wants, and I don't have to. You want that lock system they had before back? Enjoy it. I remember them pretty well and Cyrodil was boring. You can enjoy 1 bar vs a locked alliance OR pvdoor, but me? I rather PvE since AP means little to nothing to me and neither does the alliance war, and it still wouldn't with a faction lock. I'm not becoming emp, so what do I care about getting the emp keeps, etc.? I don't.

(4) People forget many players play how they want and will keep doing so. I can't count the number of times I see someone whining about how the faction is not organized, in fact I think every single faction whines about that...and the solution is always mysteriously "faction lock." How does that logic work? So, if I'm locked in a faction, I will do as someone else says because he believes I should, even though there is little to no incentive to do so? ROFL. This stupidity deserved special mention.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably would be a good idea on the under-pop servers where it can be prone to emp trading. Only problem is, I do see people swap sides to under pop factions at times to make better fights so this argument always comes down to your faith in people.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we're having a hard time getting zos to even institute a faction switching timer...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you want to reduce the population of players who faction swap, providing an avenue for the small scalers would achieve major results desired and make small scalers more manageable because they wouldn’t have lasting impacts on the map. Below is the idea.

This idea is for the small scale community and to provide players the opportunity to play with friends in different factions, but at a cost. Grant every player the option to "desert" their faction in Cyrodiil making them able to be attacked by all players to include their previous faction and by all other deserters as well.
    -The only people a deserter can group with inside Cyrodiil is another deserter of ANY FACTION and their group caps out at 4 players, this will prevent people from abandoning their faction to zerg. Maybe require the group to be formed outside of Cyrodiil before traveling in.
    -Only the deserters in the same group cannot attack each other.
    -Deserters can still cap resources and keeps, but the guards take time to spawn and are weaker than normal guards initially, but can grow stronger the longer it is held by that group. When the group leaves the resource the guards begin to get weaker and disappear the longer the group is away and will return to the previous faction's control if the group is away long enough. This idea allows Deserters a chance in defending, but prevents Deserters from having a lasting influence on the map, such as "night capping."
    -Deserters get an AP bonus in defending their resources or keep.
    -No keep or scroll bonus to Deserters, unless a group member is currently carrying a scroll or is in control of a keep.
    -The only place a Deserter can rez is in one of 3-4 random Imperial/Bandit Camps spread over Cyrodiil, in a keep currently in the group's control, or maybe even on a controlled resource.
    -Deserters still have the same access to siege and forward camps.
    -Allow a player the option to desert his/her faction when joining a campaign and at a high AP cost.
    -Make the cost of rejoining the faction double the AP cost of "deserting."
    -ZOS can make a quest line and DLC for it too and costumes so they can profit in that way.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/415045/create-a-4th-faction-a-deserter-bandit-faction-in-cyrodiil#latest
  • Joosef_Kivikilpi
    Joosef_Kivikilpi
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a hardcore DC only PvPer I support Alliance Locked campaigns

People should only be able to play on one alliance per campaign.

As A DC player on Vivec/PC/NA, It would be nice. It is draining, when you give your all to one side and you see multiple people playing for your side+enemy side.

I want Alliance Loyalty rewards for sticking with 1 alliance. As a veteran pvper since Beta, I miss the days of Alliance pride

I love you, SwampRaider. Covenant since PC beta as well. For King and Covenant!
    Edited by Joosef_Kivikilpi on June 18, 2018 5:56PM
  • Pirhana7_ESO
    Pirhana7_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait for Camelot Unchained. It will be faction locked and bring back alliance pride.
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Not playing is a better idea for more than one reason:

(1) Those in favor can have what they want and enjoy it with one or more less players. Since I wouldn't like the change, I'll speak with my presence and not play in Cyrodil at all. I won't be missing much and I have plenty of PvE content I haven't touched to hold me over until people start screaming for the change to be reverted.

(2) Every argument FOR these changes coming back, I don't agree with. "It will stop faction hoppers" - except those with more than one account; "it will stop dubious ap farming" - except when someone pays an enemy guild to clog up the queue and help them get emp (everyone knows some of this shady RMT stuff is going on in Cyro for emp achievement...you really think a lock gonna stop that? The solution is for ZOS to investigate and ban these fools); "faction loyalty - people will start caring about objectives" - like they always have, right? "[X losing faction] will become great again!," "people will come back!" etc. The lock will cut down nothing, but it will be a successful barrier that annoys me and anyone else that disagrees with any of these flawed statements used to argue FOR a lock.

(3) I simply don't want to do what someone else wants, and I don't have to. You want that lock system they had before back? Enjoy it. I remember them pretty well and Cyrodil was boring. You can enjoy 1 bar vs a locked alliance OR pvdoor, but me? I rather PvE since AP means little to nothing to me and neither does the alliance war, and it still wouldn't with a faction lock. I'm not becoming emp, so what do I care about getting the emp keeps, etc.? I don't.

(4) People forget many players play how they want and will keep doing so. I can't count the number of times I see someone whining about how the faction is not organized, in fact I think every single faction whines about that...and the solution is always mysteriously "faction lock." How does that logic work? So, if I'm locked in a faction, I will do as someone else says because he believes I should, even though there is little to no incentive to do so? ROFL. This stupidity deserved special mention.

TL;DR

You go PvE, see if you're missed. ;)
    Just wait for Camelot Unchained. It will be faction locked and bring back alliance pride.

Just different factions and classes and roles and lore! :)
    Edited by Nermy on July 18, 2018 9:42AM
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    Why you need faction lock..DC Emp going to get his own Scrolls using known exploits smh...
    https://youtu.be/0xCdGndd498
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is one the most highly debated topics in ESO. Some people say it shouldn't exist as a PvP zone, other people say it is the most important aspect of the game. Alliances, in particular, are always a key topic in many discussions that take place both in the forums, and in the game itself. Though it can be argued that faction locking a campaign is totally unfair and unproductive to the game, adding this feature can help to solve the many issues many people experience when they PVP.

Firstly, faction locking a campaign can help resolve various issues such as exploiting. As showcased by an earlier post, some people will purposely exploit a bug/glitch/issue in the game so long as they can benefit from it. The biggest example of this is the "gap closer" or "dragon leap" bug which allows players to enter an otherwise inaccessible area to either, A) take back a scroll, or b) kill the defenders w/ little to no resistance. Although most cases of this in-game bug are genuine accidents, there are many people who will take advantage of this to benefit their faction thus disrupting fair and honest game play.

Secondly, faction locking a campaign will cut back on the harassment, or, as some people refer to it, "cancer" experienced in Zone Chat. So long as someone has another character who is apart of another alliance, many people will switch to that character and join that alliance just so they can harass the other faction. This, in turn, causes many players to shy from coming into PvP as they do not want to experience this.

Thirdly, not having a campaign faction locked allows players who have multiple accounts and consoles active to log into a character apart of an opposing alliance to take up space in the server thus not allowing someone, who plays on that alliance, the ability to join the fight resulting to a loss in the war effort and disrupting normal game-play.

Lastly, faction locking a campaign would not disrupt the progression of PVE players in anyway. It is understandable that many pve players are against the idea of faction locking a campaign as they fear they will be unable to acquire three abilities that are highly important to contributing to either DPS, support healers, or support tanks and many do not have access to the "any race/any alliance" add on; however, this can be easily rectified by a. either making this add on available to all players on the base game, or b. by adding to the list of things available when you have access to ESO plus. Another solution to this is to make characters more balanced to where each alliance has a race that can do the role of a tank, healer, and DPS. As it stands now, the races that are "BiS" for stamina DPS are found in the DC and AD alliances. There are many other examples of this but that is another discussion. Many players stick to a certain alliance anyways so it wouldn't be a big deal.

In conclusion, if done effectively with the right team and understanding, faction locking a campaign can enhance the PvP experience thus promoting further pride to your faction as well as preventing people from purposefully exploiting certain bugs in the game and making it more welcoming to those who only casually enter Cyrodil.
    Edited by NightAngel690 on October 15, 2018 8:35PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Faction locking will do absolutely nothing to stop the troll behavior in that video. Everything they do in that video they could still do with faction locking. They are getting their jollies by deliberately making other people have less fun.

The problem is those individuals. This is not a Zenimax problem other than they should be shown the door.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @NBrookus I understand that a lot of behavior wouldn’t be solved by a faction lock however that video would be. That is the first place blue on a red taking his Scrolls back, he’s just done it again actually logging on to both red and yellow tonight tonight to take his Scrolls, and he Was just crowned emperor about an hour ago, when 3 hours ago they were gated with no Scrolls. They went and glitched keeps and took the Scrolls and jumped back on his character and served the map
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 16, 2018 2:31AM
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    I say we start a petition and send it to zos... I dont see the problem in faction locking the short 7 day campaigns