The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Here's what opening 15 scalecaller crates looks like

• Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far I have done 4 crates and I have gotten 2 frost mounts. The bear and the sabertooth cat, I my self and happy with that I have gotten...... but I'll be buying 50 or so more on pay day and because I would LOVE to get one of the 3 special ones but after those 50 or so I buy I'll be done until the next crates come out.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There really needs to be some kind of check in the system that forces the crates to give the user an apex if they buy a reasonable number of crates if they don't otherwise get one. You buy 4 crates and get two frost mounts, and the most valuable thing I got out of 15 was a cheapie motif book?
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did 30 crates just cause for Xmas I got an Xbox card so I bought crowns. I didn't do as bad as usual..got frost senche and a few motifs but all in all its horrible value.

• JWKe
    JWKe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if we were to look at the Faunter CC data the odds of getting a Gold let alone an Apex or higher is abysmal. Each of the crown opening are independent events.

Each crate guarantees;
    - 2 white or green
    - 1 Blue
    - 1 Random (White -> Radiant Apex)
    - A 17.55% chance of containing a Bonus 5th card. (Purple -> Radiant Apex).

This is not even taking into account that even within each colored category each item have their own % drop rates.

I'm not advocating against the purchase of the crates. Just laying down some data.
    Edited by JWKe on March 26, 2018 10:38AM
  • tdot.aleeb16_ESO
    tdot.aleeb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    These crown crates have way too many instances where it's just 4 cards, one of them being blue.

This is one of the most unethical implementations of crates I've seen in any non-mobile game. No pity timer (ie. gem cost) on radiant apex mount, no prize odds, 95% of rewards being trash like poisons and food, etc. I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been an investigation from some sort of gambling commission yet.
  • Darkeh
    Darkeh
    agegarton wrote: »
    I opened 42.

The extremely poor levels of reward mean that I am unlikely to buy any more, possibly ever. It seems to me that the chances of getting anything good - and certainly anything new - has decreased with every iteration. In the current crates there are items that were only very recently retired from the store, which seems pointless to me.

That’s really disappointing to me, as I have been an advocate of these crates and the Crown Store in general.

100% this.

Always spend $$$ on crates / loot boxes in other games, also tried it in eso.
    Never have i seen such poor chances in a BUY TO PLAY and Optional SUB model game.

No more $ for Zenimax from me, unless they make this better.
    Edited by Darkeh on May 28, 2018 10:24PM
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, not surprising at all :)

Remember there is no such thing as luck, only chance, and chance can be manipulated.
    Edited by Inoki on May 28, 2018 10:45PM
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    The crates while I flat out hated them at first have kinda grew on me. Zos has used this as a way to bring older limited time items back into the mix. IMO I think the OP got some nice things in the crates they opened, the mask were ugly as sin though..
    While I still think they are over priced (should be 100 crowns per crate) its nice that every month they have given us ways of earning crates for free by the log in weekend events & level up rewards and now from what I have heard will also be part of the daily log-in rewards coming next month.

Edited by Blutengel on May 29, 2018 8:30AM
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...