The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Here's what opening 15 scalecaller crates looks like

Dapper Dinosaur
Dapper Dinosaur
✭✭✭✭✭
http://xboxclips.com/Dapper+Dlnosaur/e1671656-1dad-484a-9f3b-29ea152b4d47

I did it for science. Sorry for the slight delay in the beginning, I was talking to a friend and didn't consider that I was going to record it all in the end.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, now I realized why people stopped buying as many, basically 1 gold item out of 15 crates jesus
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. All I was hoping for was the Peryite statue or the bone dragon focus. Had to buy the memento and not sure if I want to throw 100 gems on the statue.

I will use the flip bird, probably one or two of the other emotes, and the levitation memento. It wasn't a total loss, and I redeemed the dro-mathra book for 33 gems so it was a nice little boost.

All of my characters are Argonian, and of those only one is not black with skull facepaint, so the tattoos look like garbage on all of them. Haven't tried them on my healer yet, who is a plain white argonian, so maybe some of them could look good on him.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on March 16, 2018 5:04AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dapper Dinosaur

I pulled the statue out of the free crates. I didn’t even want it and converted it to gems. Bummer you can’t trade these things, would have gladly done so.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its a shame we can't all trade these things. I know for instance I got a Sheogorath statue one time which a friend of mine would have gladly traded for some horse she won at the time. It would have been win win. Oh well.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    I also bought 15 crates and I got the scalecaller Guar and the Great Elk. And 3 150% xp scrolls which I traded for gems, to get the scalecaller sabre cat.
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also bought 15 crates and I got the scalecaller Guar and the Great Elk. And 3 150% xp scrolls which I traded for gems, to get the scalecaller sabre cat.
    The same Great Elk that was a 'limited edition' purchase 12 months ago?

I did it for science. Sorry for the slight delay in the beginning, I was talking to a friend and didn't consider that I was going to record it all in the end
    Forget the video, just type it all up. Some of us have have 256K dialup still.
    Edited by Androconium on March 16, 2018 8:49AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think if the drop rates where a little higher people might be tempted to buy crates
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Out of 15 crates I got only one gold item too. And it was an XP scroll :lol: ZOS I want my 30 quid back!
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    well i feel really lucky now. out of my three free crates - i got two gold cards, where he throws an extra card into the mix twice. So i ended up with the sabre mount and a cool dragon priest mask for free. My only regret now is buying the collector editions of thieves guild and dark brotherhood during the sale (i did it for the mounts mainly), but its a learning curve on how to get the most out of your crowns.
    Edited by CelestialSlayer on March 16, 2018 9:23AM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think you've got more luck of winning on the lottery than getting a apex mount
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not even close, apex mounts might be less than 1% but winning the lottery is astronomically lower chances.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is your problem and nobody elses'. Who is even on dial-up anymore? It would have taken me probably around half an hour to type up everything I got, when the video covering the whole thing is only 3 minutes.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on March 16, 2018 11:04AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I opened 42.

The extremely poor levels of reward mean that I am unlikely to buy any more, possibly ever. It seems to me that the chances of getting anything good - and certainly anything new - has decreased with every iteration. In the current crates there are items that were only very recently retired from the store, which seems pointless to me.

That’s really disappointing to me, as I have been an advocate of these crates and the Crown Store in general.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The same Great Elk that was a 'limited edition' purchase 12 months ago?

I did it for science. Sorry for the slight delay in the beginning, I was talking to a friend and didn't consider that I was going to record it all in the end

5000 crowns I had saved up for that Elk. And yeah, it's exactly the same as the one I got a year or so ago.
    PC EU
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we can all agree that these are a huge scam. I remember when cool mounts were a reward for accomplishments in game. Now they just pop out of a slot machine with 1/1000000 chances.
  • SolidusPrime
    SolidusPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how many videos of people opening 20-100 crates and getting junk have to be put up before people realize that crates are not random in a way that is fair to us.

To each their own though.

• Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since the first season I've pretty much only counted on being able to buy things for gems if I really wanted them. It's a more realistic expectation :)
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • AchlysNox
    AchlysNox
    ✭✭✭
    Around 2% on apex mounts and 0.1% on the hidden mounts according to that add-on that tracks the percentages. So yeah, the odds aren't even close to something that resembles a fair chance.
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Youtube generation, bro. Some kids don't even know how to hold a pencil let alone type.
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mount upgrades, potions, poisons, such filler garbage. I will be happy when the courts finally ban this form of gambling which is completely open to minors.

If you had taken that 5000 crowns worth of cash and bought a game I bet you would get FAR more entertainment for the cost.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 45 crates
    Wanted the red senche
    Didn't get red senche
    Bought other stuff I wanted with gems
    Will not buy any more crates
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the horse. How likely is it to get 320 gems from 15 crates?
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if the drop rates where a little higher people might be tempted to buy crates

they dont care about those of us with limited funding. All games wiht microtransactions specifically target people with massive amounts of expendable income.

Why do they care if 500 people cant get what they want for a couple dollars, when a few people are ready willing and able to spend upwards of 500 dollars alone to get what they want?
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to buy my magical water that will make you feel better and it gives a small chance of increasing your chance of getting what you want in crown crates? :)

You guys are crazy for spending that much on crown crates.

This is what I predict. When you crown crate zombies run out of money, zeni will put everything in the crown store.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not even close, apex mounts might be less than 1% but winning the lottery is astronomically lower chances.

If a homeless man can win it, anyone can

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/homeless-man-wins-500-000-colorado-lottery-scratch-off-card-n475956
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If people would stop purchasing the crates they would go away do to zos not being able to make profit from them. However, people keep buying them which is why their existence continues. Stop buying crates, and demand direct purchases for items offered in them.
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I wanted to do for the assistants, but with everyone else allowing them to exist by buying them, I was only hurting myself. There are even people stupid enough to buy the sithis statue for 30+ dollars, so there's no hope of ever successfully boycotting anything ZoS does, and they know it.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    If people would stop purchasing the crates they would go away do to zos not being able to make profit from them. However, people keep buying them which is why their existence continues. Stop buying crates, and demand direct purchases for items offered in them.

Right, it's the age-old concept of boycotting things you feel are unjust. But more often then not those boycotts just lead to people not using the service/product while the company still flourishes. Walmart is a good example for me.

Crown crates will never go away unless there is some gambling legislation that forces it. Your boycott just leads to you saving money, and not having those items. Now, I want one of those items and there is a system in place for buying them from the crown store - gems. So I may use that system if I decide the price is worth it. I don't really find crown crates that morally disgusting.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does anyone ever expect anything different? The age old gambling rule holds true, “the house always wins.” Do not by any means expect to get anything worth while if you buy crown crates.
  • _Salty_
    _Salty_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 8 crates. The equivalent of buying a mount in the crown store in dollar value. I managed to get enough gems to get the Elk which I had missed the first time around to pair with my Dark Stag Elk. It was worth it. I got the Elk cheaper than when it went on sale the first go round.
    Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.