The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

That feeling when you get outplayed.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2020 11:33PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously can't understand how people can still play this. I'm tired of getting disappointed over and over again, it's just time to accept that this PvP (and Battlegrounds) will never be a competitve and that ESO will never have true skill based combat. We have waited for so long in hope that they would finally make their PvP great and fun to play, instead they just come up with *** like Sloads or Zaan in every update.

This is so true - Whats most annoying though is that they almost started heading in the right direction last year when they acknowledged proc sets were over performing and started to nerf them down a bit with viper etc. that almost gave me hope.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Yeah I got outplayed today. Was facing a sorc 1v1 and bursted him down to about 5% health. Was about to kill him and he popped reverse time ult and went back to full health and I had no more resources left. What a kick in the head.

The same ultimate is available to everyone though, it’s not Sorc specific. So you can slot the ultimate back bar and roll back time right after he does.

Yeah not complaiming just admiting I got out played in accordance with original post. Was just unexpected because I'm not used to seeing that ult since summer set so new.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shield breaker set, as well as sloads set is simply a set of armor made by zenimax to counter certain builds.
    nothing wrong with the sets made, nothing wrong with the builds made, the sets are just a counter to those builds.

you can still hold onto your build. both sorcerers and nightblades. zenimax has simply made a set that counters your particular build.
    just have to change your build to counter the counter set that's countering your build.

flat,800x800,075,t.jpg
    Edited by ATomiX96 on May 27, 2018 6:51PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    4NPqw3L.png

ehm can we put an internal cooldown on shieldbreaker

Serves you right. I had a sorc spam shields 24/7 on me the other day not doing a single point of damage until his friends showed up to kill me 1v5 -.- and ofc he got the kill with fury like the big hero he was. That's just not right. I actually agree that sorcs need shields, but to be unkillable and throw out insta-executes once grouped that ignore dodge and other things is just not fair in my opinion.

Also, as other people said. These sets exist to counter certain builds. You're not limited to just one kind of build.

My stamblade uses a build with the new cloak (No gank - no invis - used cripple before) that I have yet to see anyone else use. And trust me i get some hilarious results from other players automatically assuming I'm like any other stamblade who found his build via google.
    Edited by Nyladreas on May 27, 2018 8:32PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    shield breaker set, as well as sloads set is simply a set of armor made by zenimax to counter certain builds.
    nothing wrong with the sets made, nothing wrong with the builds made, the sets are just a counter to those builds.

you can still hold onto your build. both sorcerers and nightblades. zenimax has simply made a set that counters your particular build.
    just have to change your build to counter the counter set that's countering your build.

Can we quote some of your posts where you want sloads nerfed so that it stops breaking cloak? That doesn’t look ‘fine’ to me.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]
    Edited by Gilvoth on September 6, 2020 11:32PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously can't understand how people can still play this. I'm tired of getting disappointed over and over again, it's just time to accept that this PvP (and Battlegrounds) will never be a competitve and that ESO will never have true skill based combat. We have waited for so long in hope that they would finally make their PvP great and fun to play, instead they just come up with *** like Sloads or Zaan in every update.

^^^^
    I totally agree but I do think BGs is still fun in Dragon Bones. Probably because I’m really good though and always place the highest score in the whole game nearly every time lol
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4NPqw3L.png

Looks like your build has a couple holes in it...

My death recap would NEVER look like that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    4NPqw3L.png

Is that because you don't run a shield?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You know what really boggles my mind, it's not just that they just throw new sets to grind for the same result every new patch, its that some situations have occured where old sets have been nerfed and then replaced with new sets with the exact same function prior to being nerfed.

Sloads is the new shieldbreakers

Earthgore is the new Malubeths

Look at what they did to fasallas and duroks - Fassalas used to nerf heals on hit, I started using it in my build, golded out weapons, staves... expensive, time consuming. Then they nerf it so it is complete garbage and then to add insult to injury make duroks serve the same function as pre-nerf fasallas.

I mean come on. Really??? Blatant grinding for the sake of grinding.

And yeah the quality of play has dramatically deminished because of continually rewarding excessive minmax tanks, zergs, overbuffing a handful of class archetypes, and allowing rediculous addons that give massively slanted advantages to players who don't just use the base game.
    Edited by Cathexis on May 27, 2018 11:04PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

You know what really boggles my mind, it's not just that they just throw new sets to grind for the same result every new patch, its that some situations have occured where old sets have been nerfed and then replaced with new sets with the exact same function prior to being nerfed.

Look at what they did to fasallas and duroks - Fassalas used to nerf heals on hit, I started using it in my build, golded out weapons, staves... expensive, time consuming. Then they nerf it so it is complete garbage and then to add insult to injury make duroks serve the same function as pre-nerf fasallas.

And yeah the quality of play has dramatically deminished because of continually rewarding excessive minmax tanks, zergs, overbuffing a handful of class archetypes, and allowing rediculous addons that give massively slanted advantages to players who don't just use the base game.

There's a reason for that, its called $$$.

If they make a new set or buff a DLC set you will be more likely to pay money or sub to get it.
    It also makes you play the game longer to grind the new stuff when your old stuff gets nerfed. The longer you play the game, the more $$$ your statistically going to spend.

Zo$, and other company's do this as a pretty normal practice. It happens in almost every mmo were their is a, "flavor of the month". If you want to know if they really care about their game you just have to look at how much emphasis they put on their cash shop and $ transactions. (literally a giant ad page as soon as you log in now) The more content they hide behind $ that could have been earned in game and the more they literally THROW the $$$ spending in your face the less they really care about the player and the more they care about whats inside your wallet. The worst part is this is a system that works, mmo's that do this make BOAT loads of money. If people want better games they have to stop paying as much. Why would these companys work really hard to create something when they could make more money just barley scraping out content and fix's instead just making cosmetic items.

People have to speak with their wallet. We have seen this with some games, I myself will not play a EA game, they are a terrible offender of pumping out crap for a quick sale. Call of duty, battlefield, sw battlefront, halo, (mostly big titles) ect, people have to stop paying for these things if they want these companys to actually make a effort to make something worth your money. How many titles come out, people buy them for 60-120$ packages, and then find out the games aren't fun after a few hours and really weren't worth it. If we want good games to be made again we have to reserve our wallets for just that.

TLDR as long as people pay for cr@p they will receive it, if people stop paying for it then you will see improvements happen.
    Edited by ShadowMonarch on May 27, 2018 11:55PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

250+ sets in the game, but now certain classes need to adjust their builds to counter one horribly-designed set -_-

This set is strongest against Sorc and NB. Also strong against Warden. Not super strong vs DK or Templar.

It cancels out one of the NBs many defenses. Not too bad tbh. NB are incredible even without Cloak if you know what you’re doing. Regardless, it’s really bad design for a set to break Cloak this way.

This set is a hard counter to Sorcs, who have no class-based way to actually heal through it easily, and no way at all if paired with Shieldbreaker. Slot Twilight? xD please lol
    You pretty much have to run away. Even a bad player can threaten a great player if they wear these hard counters. Put two players of the same skill level in a 1v1 and the Sorc will get annihilated against these sets.

WHY force a class into Shield spam for defense with no heals, and then introduce all of this Oblivion Damage? This is why ESO PvP will never be competitive, and why the population will remain low.
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4NPqw3L.png

Is that because you don't run a shield?

No, i backbar one shield.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

^^^^
    I totally agree but I do think BGs is still fun in Dragon Bones. Probably because I’m really good though and always place the highest score in the whole game nearly every time lol

ye bgs are hella fun, especially if you're running with few friends, derp around and still win (or just don't care about the result)
    Edited by ATomiX96 on May 28, 2018 9:20AM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4NPqw3L.png

well all i got is light attack (resto and bow) spammed by 4 people of which 1 was running shieldbreaker and the others were running sload, then few other zerglings jumped in snared and rooted and well thats what happened. sadly i dont have a combat log addon otherwise i would have posted it as well. (death recap doesn't tell the full story of what happened)

My point is: if it wasnt for the shieldbreaker i would have made it out, this set is kinda directed to hardcounter certain classes, but completely useless against other specs + anyone who uses shieldbreaker in a 1v1 wont get anywhere (no need for shields against shieldbreaker scrubs in 1v1) its a pure Xv1 set and zos needs to do something about it.

And my second point is: most of the people running shieldbreaker are running restos, but if you look at 2,3,4 piece bonuses you can clearly see that it was intended as a stamina set and people abuse that restoration light attacks are faster than light attacks of other weapon types + hit the target more consistently (for some reason).
    Edited by ATomiX96 on May 28, 2018 9:32AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4NPqw3L.png

Comments like this tell you a lot about the person making them.

For one thing, it indicates that he has never actually fought a pure oblivion dmg build before - if he had he’d understand that obliv dmg gets priority in death recaps even if other big dmg hit the victim. Obliv dmg builds like this are fundamentally Xv1 builds.. but they’re never used by soloers or small scalers except in cheese dueling scenarios... any soloer or small scaler would be familiar with how the recap works from being on the receiving end, so I can assume that because he isn’t familiar with it that he isn’t a soloer or a small scale...

For another, it implies that he has access to purify to clear the sloads.

Now if I imagine a mag sorc (because it’s shieldbreaker and I doubt anyone is going to talk *** about a build when they don’t even play the same class) and a Templar grouped up together... do I really think the group size is going to stop there? Especially if the mag sorc is bragging about being tanky? Especially if he’s never been killed by an Xv1 build!

I’ve got a pretty clear picture.
    Edited by Thogard on May 28, 2018 11:28AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    4NPqw3L.png

Serves you right. I had a sorc spam shields 24/7 on me the other day not doing a single point of damage until his friends showed up to kill me 1v5 -.- and ofc he got the kill with fury like the big hero he was. That's just not right. I actually agree that sorcs need shields, but to be unkillable and throw out insta-executes once grouped that ignore dodge and other things is just not fair in my opinion.

Also, as other people said. These sets exist to counter certain builds. You're not limited to just one kind of build.

My stamblade uses a build with the new cloak (No gank - no invis - used cripple before) that I have yet to see anyone else use. And trust me i get some hilarious results from other players automatically assuming I'm like any other stamblade who found his build via google.

So? How is your story different to 4 NBs coming out of stealth to instantly disintegrate the solo player?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reminds me of when I die, and I see nothing but undodgeable attacks on my death recap. Welcome to mortality. Now you have an idea about how medium armor users feel.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can we quote some of your posts where you want sloads nerfed so that it stops breaking cloak? That doesn’t look ‘fine’ to me.

you mean like this one ?

all you have to do is cast Purge and sloads is removed instantly.
    sloads does not need changed, nor nerfed.
    just cast alliance skill "purge" and your cleansed from it. it will take another 6 seconds before it can proc again and in addition to that, if you are getting hit by multiple sloads from a zerg then you are allready going to die from the zerg of people attacking you, all you can do at that point is purge, cleanse, and stick with your group or zerg, and btw, you would have died anyway from the amount of people attacking you.

TLDR:
    "just cast purge and sloads is removed"

You do realize, it can’t be purged right?

You’re telling everyone to L2P, and you don’t even understand the game mechanics yourself.

I’ll stop here, there’s nothing else I can say that would damage your credibility or arguments any worse than you already have yourself.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

you mean like this one ?

all you have to do is cast Purge and sloads is removed instantly.
    sloads does not need changed, nor nerfed.
    just cast alliance skill "purge" and your cleansed from it. it will take another 6 seconds before it can proc again and in addition to that, if you are getting hit by multiple sloads from a zerg then you are allready going to die from the zerg of people attacking you, all you can do at that point is purge, cleanse, and stick with your group or zerg, and btw, you would have died anyway from the amount of people attacking you.

TLDR:
    "just cast purge and sloads is removed"

You do realize, it can’t be purged right?

You’re telling everyone to L2P, and you don’t even understand the game mechanics yourself.

I’ll stop here, there’s nothing else I can say that would damage your credibility or arguments any worse than you already have yourself.

This is honestly what I like about Sloads, it hates everyone equally. Most things in the game are anti-medium armor, and you have one thing that's anti-damage shields which I'm convinced people only use SB just to trigger sorcs since it makes them weak against every other spec (doesn't seem wise to me).
  • Stratforge
    Stratforge
    ✭✭✭✭

This would be a really good irony-post but I think you're being serious.
    PC NA
    Xbox One NA (retired)
  • kerthas
    kerthas
    ✭✭✭

I kinda agree with your thought, but not entirely, what i mean is. Duroks has always been like that, some people always play it. But it was not meta, no youtuber post it on their channel, so just few player use it. Now every1 use it, not because they seriously think about it, but because its meta. And it always be like that.

Earthgore does not replace Malubeth, Earthgore is a support build, Malubeth is a tank build, and one of the best. Its just not the same fonction at all.

Sload is annoying, but not broken like people think, i rather face sload than shieldbreaker, it deal less damage over time when you face a lot of ennemy.

Shieldbreaker is an ataarded set, for people who cant up their skill, because they dont know how to think by themselves. Its like paying 3m for having vAS skin, same ***.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    4NPqw3L.png

oh someone took my recommendation maybe? if so i'm sorry :trollface:
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guys stop trying to reason with Dwemer Paleologist. He is as delusional as he is bad. You might as well smash your head into a brick wall over and over.

Sload's is quite a clever move from ZOS. I can't imagine how many players bought the expansion just to have a little piece of the cheese. Expect to see cancerous sets like this to be added in each following update.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are as quick reacting to sloads as they were with viper, prepare for another 2 years of sloads :trollface:
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

lol what? Que xzbit meme!
    Edited by Anti_Virus on May 30, 2018 8:59PM
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are as quick reacting to sloads as they were with viper, prepare for another 2 years of sloads :trollface:

Well now, they have $100+ digital mansions to create. That's very important! /sarcasmoff
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, look at all these rabid NB defenders (you know who you are ;) ) still trying to justify all these despite them whining about Cloak breaking. Their 'infallible' logic makes them right always. And they believe they are the beast playing the 'weakest' class which is their only limit in their opinion. Lol.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a reason for that, its called $$$.

If they make a new set or buff a DLC set you will be more likely to pay money or sub to get it.
    It also makes you play the game longer to grind the new stuff when your old stuff gets nerfed. The longer you play the game, the more $$$ your statistically going to spend.

Zo$, and other company's do this as a pretty normal practice. It happens in almost every mmo were their is a, "flavor of the month". If you want to know if they really care about their game you just have to look at how much emphasis they put on their cash shop and $ transactions. (literally a giant ad page as soon as you log in now) The more content they hide behind $ that could have been earned in game and the more they literally THROW the $$$ spending in your face the less they really care about the player and the more they care about whats inside your wallet. The worst part is this is a system that works, mmo's that do this make BOAT loads of money. If people want better games they have to stop paying as much. Why would these companys work really hard to create something when they could make more money just barley scraping out content and fix's instead just making cosmetic items.

People have to speak with their wallet. We have seen this with some games, I myself will not play a EA game, they are a terrible offender of pumping out crap for a quick sale. Call of duty, battlefield, sw battlefront, halo, (mostly big titles) ect, people have to stop paying for these things if they want these companys to actually make a effort to make something worth your money. How many titles come out, people buy them for 60-120$ packages, and then find out the games aren't fun after a few hours and really weren't worth it. If we want good games to be made again we have to reserve our wallets for just that.

TLDR as long as people pay for cr@p they will receive it, if people stop paying for it then you will see improvements happen.

Oh I'm well aware that it is a money making model to keep you hooked in. And you are right, people shouldn't just dole out money for crap, but the model targets people with disposable income and feeds right into the hardcore fan dedication/gaming addiction - which I hardly expect anything less, it's an industry founded on that. But when any company churns out rehash for a cash grab, they don't get my money anymore. Granted, recently I will say that eso has done some substantial quality of play improvements in recent patches that have made it more enjoyable, even if there is still an underlying tone of cash grabbery (got to give credit where its due)
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.