The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

That feeling when you get outplayed.

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    do you realize how long it takes to kill a shield spamming sorcerer that is maxed out in damage and has zero in defences and they are spamming heals?

the only thing that procs shield breaker is light attacks, and with shield breaker it takes a long time, light attacks and those light attacks take a long time to actually kill the shields.

it is a perfect Aid in battling shield spamming sorcerers, but it does help.
    shield breaker by itself against any other build is useless and does no damage, it only procs on shields and only by light attacks and it takes a long time to kill people with light attacks especially if they are constantly spamming shields and heals and at same time knocking you down and damaging you and hiding behind a tree and rocks as they spam heals and you have to run to hit them with light attacks.

Out of curiosity, do you struggle against anything other than Mag Sorcs? I’ve really tried for a long time to understand your hatred for them but I still don’t get it :/

Personally I don’t struggle at all against Mag Sorcs - only really good players or builds that are straight up hardcounters to whatever I’m playing.

I’m still in Dragon Bones btw. I can’t speak for PvP balancing/Mag Sorcs in Summerset.

He struggles against all classes. From his comments, it seems apparent that Mag sorcs are the only class he has figured out to beat using broken sets like Sload and shieldbreaker
    Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Dredlord wrote: »
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    4NPqw3L.png

ehm can we put an internal cooldown on shieldbreaker

Looks like your build has a couple holes in it...

My death recap would NEVER look like that.

Comments like this tell you a lot about the person making them.

For one thing, it indicates that he has never actually fought a pure oblivion dmg build before - if he had he’d understand that obliv dmg gets priority in death recaps even if other big dmg hit the victim. Obliv dmg builds like this are fundamentally Xv1 builds.. but they’re never used by soloers or small scalers except in cheese dueling scenarios... any soloer or small scaler would be familiar with how the recap works from being on the receiving end, so I can assume that because he isn’t familiar with it that he isn’t a soloer or a small scale...

For another, it implies that he has access to purify to clear the sloads.

Now if I imagine a mag sorc (because it’s shieldbreaker and I doubt anyone is going to talk *** about a build when they don’t even play the same class) and a Templar grouped up together... do I really think the group size is going to stop there? Especially if the mag sorc is bragging about being tanky? Especially if he’s never been killed by an Xv1 build!

I’ve got a pretty clear picture.

Mostly scrub talk but you are right about 1 thing and that was assuming I have access to purify.

Which is why I see the value in slotting purge despite the cost, on my magblade build.

It wins me fights constantly being able to clear defile, mark and now sloads...

Options
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if you find yourself complaining about being Xv1, it is a crystal clear indicator you're not as good as you think you are.

Further, if your ego is so fragile that you imagine people are actually making specific builds to Xv1, you are likely so deep into the scrub mentality there is no hope for you.
    Options
  • ChildOfLight
    ChildOfLight
    ✭✭✭
    MagSorcs are out of control in BG.
    Even with everyone playing sloads.
    What would happen if Sloads get nerfed?

My death recaps have not less cheesballs than yours and they are EVERYTIME full of Flame clench, 1.8k damage light attacks on my 26k spell res. toon and mages wrath.

I call *** on that and if Sloads can reduce the amount of people abusing magsorc, well I hope it's here to stay.
    PC EU

Ross Campano - Imperial Dragonknight - Tanks and steals stuff from barrels
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My death recaps have not less cheesballs than yours and they are EVERYTIME full of Flame clench, 1.8k damage light attacks on my 26k spell res. toon and mages wrath.

I call *** on that and if Sloads can reduce the amount of people abusing magsorc, well I hope it's here to stay.

Apparently playing MagSorc is abusing MagSorc :lol:

FYI, Sload is generally not a problem for MagSorcs. Not in the slightest. If you think Sloads is somewhat keeping them in check, you've got another thing coming.

4 stacked Sloads are still inferior to a single Shield Breaker spammer. And ever since Sload dropped, I haven't seen a single player in the BGs with Shield Breaker so that suits my Magsorc just fine. Reposition with BoL/Streak and getting a cast of Dark Conversion off is usually enough to negate the effects of it.

Generally Sload is more problematic for tanky builds (they're usually not very mobile and Sloads bypasses their resistances) and for NBs because it prevents them from Cloaking.

EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amateurish, Zaan/Skoria didn't even proc.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    Also, if you find yourself complaining about being Xv1, it is a crystal clear indicator you're not as good as you think you are.

Further, if your ego is so fragile that you imagine people are actually making specific builds to Xv1, you are likely so deep into the scrub mentality there is no hope for you.

I don't know Thogard but I've fought against him and he is actually a good player, fwiw. Also, I have been in TS/Discord with many people (you know, when you join that 'x in zone' group for the luls) that specifically talk about putting together Xv1 setups. Fwiw.
    Options
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

FYI, Sload is generally not a problem for MagSorcs. Not in the slightest. If you think Sloads is somewhat keeping them in check, you've got another thing coming.

4 stacked Sloads are still inferior to a single Shield Breaker spammer. And ever since Sload dropped, I haven't seen a single player in the BGs with Shield Breaker so that suits my Magsorc just fine. Reposition with BoL/Streak and getting a cast of Dark Conversion off is usually enough to negate the effects of it.

Generally Sload is more problematic for tanky builds (they're usually not very mobile and Sloads bypasses their resistances) and for NBs because it prevents them from Cloaking.

So basically Sload's counters the lowest-effort builds. Now I'm starting to wonder if the devs are on to something.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ezeepeezee wrote: »

So basically Sload's counters the lowest-effort builds. Now I'm starting to wonder if the devs are on to something.

Mmm for what it's worth medium armour Stamblade is not really low effort at all in the BGs these days. I only casually play Stamblade 1-2 games a day for the daily reward so I'm not an expert by any means. I'm just comparing to the last update.

The emergence of Sloads as well as the buff to MagSorcs mostly (I know, I main one) with Rune Cage make survivability in medium very tricky. Curse->Cage->Meteor is 100% death and if you can't cloak you're as good as dead. The reality in this patch is that MagSorc is more survivable and with more damage in the BGs compared to Stambalde.

People give Stamblades hate because they were extremely strong for very long in Cyro (and BGs to be fair) but right now life is a lot harder for them.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mmm for what it's worth medium armour Stamblade is not really low effort at all in the BGs these days. I only casually play Stamblade 1-2 games a day for the daily reward so I'm not an expert by any means. I'm just comparing to the last update.

The emergence of Sloads as well as the buff to MagSorcs mostly (I know, I main one) with Rune Cage make survivability in medium very tricky. Curse->Cage->Meteor is 100% death and if you can't cloak you're as good as dead. The reality in this patch is that MagSorc is more survivable and with more damage in the BGs compared to Stambalde.

People give Stamblades hate because they were extremely strong for very long in Cyro (and BGs to be fair) but right now life is a lot harder for them.

The Heavy Armour Troll King variety is as strong as ever though.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair I don't think anybody has it particularly easy in BGs. NoCP is pretty brutal; it seems to me that the only people that have to try a bit less are those in a well composed group with a strong healer and focused burst. But in order to be that group, they probably had to put in the work to learn to play that way already.

For stamblades whose sole defense is high burst and cloak, well, that's not an appropriate build for a BG situation and they need to adjust. Plenty of other things pull you from stealth in CQB.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shield breaker set, as well as sloads set is simply a set of armor made by zenimax to counter certain builds.
    nothing wrong with the sets made, nothing wrong with the builds made, the sets are just a counter to those builds.

you can still hold onto your build. both sorcerers and nightblades. zenimax has simply made a set that counters your particular build.
    just have to change your build to counter the counter set that's countering your build.

You have so little idea what you’re talking about it’s comical.
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

The Heavy Armour Troll King variety is as strong as ever though.

Not as much as you think. It's severely weakened from last patch.

The heavy armor, bleeds and Troll King combo is a strong build in a 1v1, but has a few very glaring weakness in open world and BGs. The main ones being mobility and a reliance on Cloak which is constantly rekt by Sload this patch. Especially in BGs. Not to mention that your heavy armor does nothing to mitigate the Sload DoT.

Once you're Sloaded you're an AP pinata. At least medium build can Shuffle->dodge->sprint away. In heavy you can't Shuffle and you can't really sprint. The strong magicka ranged classes (MagSorc and MagBlade mainly) put out waaay too much damage and CC in this patch for you to cope with. You'll be Rune Caged and Crippled to death if you can't Cloak. There's no chance for you if you can't buy a Cloak or LOS respite.

Edited by Maulkin on June 8, 2018 1:55PM
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For stamblades whose sole defense is high burst and cloak, well, that's not an appropriate build for a BG situation and they need to adjust. Plenty of other things pull you from stealth in CQB.

In medium armour high burst is actually your best defence in BGs. What else are you gonna do? Fight a sustain battle against all the proc sets? Start spamming Efficient Purge?

I mean I play Shackle+Bone Pirate atm because I can't be bothered to make another build. But generally going for too much sustain is not gonna help you with the ridiculous amount of damage flying around. You can still die in a single combo with near full magicka and stamina.

Making quick kills is quite essential to your survival.
    EU | PC | AD
    Options
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smh at some people coming here and saying '' Sload is a counter to X builds '' like what? You're countering an entire build with a single set hows that balanced?

Not to mention some classes are forced to be dependant on some builds and ZoS releases sets like this without giving those classes an alternative ways to defend themselves.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
    Options
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    So how long we need to wait? I want magicka version of shieldbreaker. That deal 2500 oblivion damage to target if they press roll dodge.
    Options