Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Member Since date is wrong.

WhySoSerious
As the title says my Member Since date is wrong.

This is an odd one. I am curious about other issues with Steam Players having issues connecting to the NA or EU megaservers; or is likely just purely coincidence and a separate problem. Regardless, multiple separate problems. I am a PC user who purchased ESO through Steam in 2015. I played the Beta well before that time. Eventually my account was linked between my Steam account and my ESO account. But that link was done before December 2017. Here is a screenshot to illustrate the problem.

03vgr7jeoscp.png

Member Since January 26, 2017. In reality I am a member since at least December 5, 2015. And even earlier if you consider I had an account from the Beta in 2013; I believe it was 2013 for Beta. Regardless, as you can clearly see in the screen capture I purchased the game on 12/5/2015 and activated it.

I would say there is a problem with the Member Since data. Wouldn't you?
  • WhySoSerious
    Update: I meant to say, I believe I linked my Steam account to my ESO account before 2017. Sometime in 2016 if I recall correctly. In any case, something is odd with the dates listed on the Account portal for member since.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it's possible that the Steam connectivity issues are somehow tied to your game account and Steam data becoming desynced somehow. I can't remember, was the last major outage for Steam players last January?
  • WhySoSerious
    I suppose it's possible that the Steam connectivity issues are somehow tied to your game account and Steam data becoming desynced somehow. I can't remember, was the last major outage for Steam players last January?

That could be. For being the wrong date for my Member Since it definitely is odd that the ZOS account for ESO says Jan 26, 2017. My Steam account was merged with ESO before that time. I joined in 2015 after playing in the Beta in 2013. So, why or how it decided to go with a 2017 date is beyond me. Just another mystery for now it seems. At least I can login and play Summerset now.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright. It is wrong. Forgive me, but ... so what? Does it matter?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes it could matter for several reasons, one reason is if there were rewards given for length of sub or length of being a member.

i think it might be that the date of payment or purchase of certain items or certain chapters could be the cause.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes it could matter for several reasons, one reason is if there were rewards given for length of sub or length of being a member.

i think it might be that the date of payment or purchase of certain items or certain chapters could be the cause.

Fair enough. To me, it just looks like a date on a website that is obviously wrong. I guess I probably wouldn't be chasing it down if it happened to me, unless some reason came along where it was important.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus