The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Screen freezes since Summerset launch.

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Although I have noticed a performance increase in a trial environment, I cannot say the changes that came with Summerset made my game feel more smooth in general. In pvp I get weird screen freezes (where my display is completely static for about 1 sec). This did not occur pre Summerset and is very annoying.

Is anyone aware of a fix to this issue and are you experiencing the same problem?

Really makes pvp a lot less enjoyable and I hope it get's fixed asap :neutral: .
Edited by Ectheliontnacil on May 25, 2018 9:51PM
  • PromiscuousNun
    Same here... It feel as if the game runs more smooth in 'heavey visual' situations (trials and so) but I get some random freezes when walking abouts. Around 1 sec indeed. And more crashes. I dunno...
    PC -EU
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same here... It feel as if the game runs more smooth in 'heavey visual' situations (trials and so) but I get some random freezes when walking abouts. Around 1 sec indeed. And more crashes. I dunno...

Yes exactly! So glad that I'm not the only one :smile: .

Tbh I'd rather have 20 fps lower on average than freezes, if it happens in the wrong moments you're dead. Also it breaks my immersion :/.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    thinking it may have something to do with loading characters in
    my game is running smoother most of the time,
    but entering into and moving through heavily populated areas seems to be marked with a new stutter where the screen periodically freezes

have not run any trials since the update, but perhaps since it is done with a consistent group the game is not dropping and loading up various individuals over and over?
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • degarmo_ESO
    degarmo_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414161/multi-core-performance-update-improvement-or-deterioration/p7

Check out the ZOS response in this thread. Seems like they've identified it and have several potential fixes. Has to do with the main thread waiting on information from a worker thread that is not ready to send that information.
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    We have had some lovely weather of late so, when my screen freezes I just pop my monitor outside to thaw in the English Summer Sun; then I lightly pat the screen down with a micro-fibre cloth for good measure! All the while I'm wearing marigolds and singing Queen's "I want to break free" at top volume!
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414161/multi-core-performance-update-improvement-or-deterioration/p7

Check out the ZOS response in this thread. Seems like they've identified it and have several potential fixes. Has to do with the main thread waiting on information from a worker thread that is not ready to send that information.

Thanks! This is very helpful indeed. Looks like well have to revert the Summerset changes :D .

Hope they have a proper fix by Monday.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same for me. Riding around, often when I’m alone just farming etc.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you enable v synch in the settings?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Dilbert17
    Dilbert17
    I have same screen freeze
    Many players are reporting this.
    Please ZOS fix it, it happens in all Tamriel
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you enable v synch in the settings?

I tried turning it off and on, but it doesn't seem to be the cause.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had these quite bad at the start but I checked windows and even though windows game bar had recording in the background off.. shutting it totally off really helped me
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    I had these quite bad at the start but I checked windows and even though windows game bar had recording in the background off.. shutting it totally off really helped me

I'll give that a try :smile: .

Really seems to be a widespread issue, I saw 2 streamers having freezes too. Namely @Blobsky and @JackDaniell .
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Oh man if you would know what is up on ps4... We got this 1sec freeze basically everywhere in towns pvp pve but we also got "perma" freeze mostly in pvp where you just have to restated the game... And also random loading screens are back to cyrodiil, yay
  • Bomber293
    Bomber293
    ✭✭✭
    Plus all this jerks running snipe builds because the ability is bugged af but I guess you got that too
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Bomber293 Yeah man, lag snipes is soooo annoying. :/