Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much damage absorption is recommended for a sorc tank in v dungeons

WillS1888
WillS1888
✭✭
Out of curiousity, what is typically considered "good" for a tank in terms of damage absorbtion for a sorc tank. Also, which item sets are best for having decent damage output with being highly tank.

Best Answers

• Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about resistances, as in damage mitigation, you want to have it as close to the cap as you can. For resistances you're looking at trying to get around 32k, possibly more for PVP. This is the same no matter your class. Crit reduction is also preferable to have for PVP. All your other stats should be going to things like health or recovery (or as a Sorcerer, shields are nice) that depends entirely on what kind of tank you want to be.

As far as item sets go, it depends highly on what activity you're planning on doing, and then depends on how you plan on getting your stats and what else you want to do, as well as if you're a stamina, magicka, or hybrid tank. If you offer more specifics or do a quick forum search you'll find some of the popular tanking sets for different activities.
    Edited by Marginis on May 25, 2018 7:31PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
    Answer ✓
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the cap is at 33K and most tanks will have a +5K buff going so, technically, 28K would be good. In terms of what is considered good, I was taught (for my DK main tank) that 25K is considered good and beyond 28K is a waste assuming you have a 5K buff going.

Again, my tank is a DK not sorc so, hopefully, an experienced sorc tank can offer better advice. :)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Answer ✓
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buffed you want to reach 33k ( cap) or 32.5 is good with rounding.

Some nice gear for Sorcs in particular are akvari and potentes something giving reduction in cost of ulitmate that stacks well with sorc tank reduction.

Another consideration in regain based tank for self healing and sustain. Not liked used be but this does work, as long you aren't perm blocking.

You could build for health which is fun and easy. This method uses shields more for migration and Magicka regain for sustain. This also works well equalibrim and dark exchange for sustain. Another thing about this is clanfear is most powerful class heal.
    Answer ✓