The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Searching for Breaches to seal them is the antithesis of fun.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    OP, don't do it then and go have fun somewhere else. Personally I am enjoying finding them all without any help, they often choose interesting locations to put them in.

That is exactly what I am doing. I make my opinion known to ZOS because its bad design when customers (I am not the only one who finds this quest chain boring) log out and find something else to entertain them. It means they have not done their job well enough as most people should find some entertainment value in it.
  • Clansman2013
    Clansman2013
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it way more than collecting lorebooks for mages guild points. I haven't used any guides yet and can't say I've had any problems so far finding the breaches.
  • Night_Watch
    Night_Watch
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

I simply have not found any of the humor funny and as I have already stated I find the voice extremely annoying. My GF is British so I know that is not the issue, I cant say why I find the voice annoying but it just is.

British voice? I'm from North East England and found the Augur voice sounded more Australian to me! Our tastes in humour are somewhat subjective and what I may find funny I know others may not. To me the Augur humour is more 'rolls eyes and carries on' than 'laugh out loud'.

On the boredom issue, the parts I did on the PTS where, indeed, time consuming but I did not find them boring.

Boring is going through the lot again while recording, capturing, collecting other resources, editing, re-editing, recording voice over, re-recording voice over as ya just ain't good at it, producing, re-producing as the blooming software corrupted the output file then uploading on a painfully slow exchange. Who'd be a video maker eh? It's all good fun really. Breaches video not up yet - just the find Augur one.

Minor clean up edits.

Edited by Night_Watch on May 24, 2018 2:52PM
    "If there is an underlying oneness of all things, it does not matter where we begin, whether with stars, or laws of supply and demand, or frogs, or Napoleon Bonaparte. One measures a circle, beginning anywhere."

Charles Fort - Lo! (1931)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Sloppy, lazy game writing - no real quest just lengthy travelling all over the world to fill time

Exactly!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Cross referencing maps to find the breaches is a total PITA and a complete UI failure outside of the fact the quest type alone is boring and mundane. Looking for breaches makes me just want to log and do something else. The only saving grace is that the psijic spells are pretty much boring and not really worthy of the time invested to unlock them in the first place.

The quest is not about searching for breaches but the skulls running commentary.

Funny as hell.

Edit: and the person who added that it if fun to do with friends is correct. But a lot of that has to do with the skulls running commentary. lol

I find nothing funny about it. His voice, the lame jokes is all very annoying.

I suggest you relax some then because he was hilarious.

I am relaxed, please do not make lame attempts to defame me or attach a demeanor to my post.

I simply have not found any of the humor funny and as I have already stated I find the voice extremely annoying. My GF is British so I know that is not the issue, I cant say why I find the voice annoying but it just is.

Maybe you are a little sensitive but there was no defaming or demeaning there. Suggestions to just relax are clearly not fitting either accusation.

I have done it twice and found the little blue skull entertaining. Second time was with a group of friends and it was even more hilarious. That is why the only thing I can think of is suggest you relax because there is something preventing you from getting a good hoot out of such great dialogue.

I am not sensitive in the slightest but acutely aware of tactics employed by you and others like you who must always come in to defend ZOS whenever someone brings up a critique that is not praising the amazing ZOS. In fact, your statement on being "Sensitive" is an exact duplicate in your attempt to make ME the issue when all I am doing is exercising my right as a consumer/customer of this product in voicing my opinion on something I find boring. Smart companies understand that negative feedback is just as if not MORE important than positive feedback.

I don't find the dialog entertaining in the least. Its not funny, the voice is purely annoying to me and based on polling in general chat and the guilds I am in, others feel the same way. This is my opinion and an opinion that is shared by many. Just like its your opinion that this is an amazingly fun quest even on the second go around (oddly, I have not found a single quest in game that was fun on the second time around)

I will say I am glad I stood up for Zos in this manner. I will stand up for any gaming company that creates such great commentary in a quest. Fabulous on Zos' part and certainly kudos to them.

To falsely claim I defamed you in some manner is sad. If you found that comment inappropriate then report it for whatever.

The skulls commentary was hilarious and the main aspect of that quest. Great dialogue. For whatever reason you do not find it humorous, I am truly sorry, since you have missed out on some great laughs.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cross referencing maps to find the breaches is a total PITA and a complete UI failure outside of the fact the quest type alone is boring and mundane. Looking for breaches makes me just want to log and do something else. The only saving grace is that the psijic spells are pretty much boring and not really worthy of the time invested to unlock them in the first place.

The quest is not about searching for breaches but the skulls running commentary.

Funny as hell.

Edit: and the person who added that it if fun to do with friends is correct. But a lot of that has to do with the skulls running commentary. lol

I am relaxed, please do not make lame attempts to defame me or attach a demeanor to my post.

Maybe you are a little sensitive but there was no defaming or demeaning there. Suggestions to just relax are clearly not fitting either accusation.

I have done it twice and found the little blue skull entertaining. Second time was with a group of friends and it was even more hilarious. That is why the only thing I can think of is suggest you relax because there is something preventing you from getting a good hoot out of such great dialogue.

I am not sensitive in the slightest but acutely aware of tactics employed by you and others like you who must always come in to defend ZOS whenever someone brings up a critique that is not praising the amazing ZOS. In fact, your statement on being "Sensitive" is an exact duplicate in your attempt to make ME the issue when all I am doing is exercising my right as a consumer/customer of this product in voicing my opinion on something I find boring. Smart companies understand that negative feedback is just as if not MORE important than positive feedback.

I don't find the dialog entertaining in the least. Its not funny, the voice is purely annoying to me and based on polling in general chat and the guilds I am in, others feel the same way. This is my opinion and an opinion that is shared by many. Just like its your opinion that this is an amazingly fun quest even on the second go around (oddly, I have not found a single quest in game that was fun on the second time around)

I will say I am glad I stood up for Zos in this manner. I will stand up for any gaming company that creates such great commentary in a quest. Fabulous on Zos' part and certainly kudos to them.

To falsely claim I defamed you in some manner is sad. If you found that comment inappropriate then report it for whatever.

The skulls commentary was hilarious and the main aspect of that quest. Great dialogue. For whatever reason you do not find it humorous, I am truly sorry, since you have missed out on some great laughs.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

British voice? I'm from North East England and found the Augur voice sounded more Australian to me! Our tastes in humour are somewhat subjective and what I may find funny I know others may not. To me the Augur humour is more 'rolls eyes and carries on' than 'laugh out loud'.

On the boredom issue, the parts I did on the PTS where, indeed, time consuming but I did not find them boring.

Boring is going through the lot again while recording, capturing, collecting other resources, editing, re-editing, recording voice over, re-recording voice over as ya just ain't good at it, producing, re-producing as the blooming software corrupted the output file then uploading on a painfully slow exchange. Who'd be a video maker eh? It's all good fun really. Breaches video not up yet - just the find Augur one.

Minor clean up edits.

I agree that humor is subjective, that is why I left it out of my OP. It was others that brought up the humor and how the humor makes this quest fun, except the humor (or lack of) does not make the quest fun for me. Like you, I roll my eyes but that does not make it fun for me.

• Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    I used UESP's map on my phone, it also helped quite a bit. But yeah, it's not my favorite quest line... Probably my least favorite, it's just literally running around Tamriel, at least so far that's what it has been.

Luckily the skill line is pretty cool, so it makes it bearable.

I was using the addon for finding books (I think that is the one). It places a small quest map on the UI so at least there is a quick reference. But its still a boring quest of running around.

At least with the mage guild there are like 4 books per book that needs to be read so you accidentally run into them easier (for those who do not use the addon) and the fact that the books are grandfathered meaning if you read them and then talk to the mage guild later on, they retroactively add to your leveling.

Also, the mage guild is something you can do when normal questing anywhere in Tamriel, this is not the case for the psijic order.

Its just bad on so many fronts I am frankly amazed it made it through beta and into live and even more amazed that some people actually find this entertaining.

Beta testing is looking for broken mechanics, it rarely ever changes completely changes entire mechanics presented. Complete changes are done in an Alpha stage which was not available to us.

Having a quest line that takes a bit of effort is not a bad thing for a new skill line. My opinion is that if you could have it instantly handed to you then that would be bad. You can search for Jewelry Resources while running the quest line as if you have Summerset you probably are doing that as well.

We each find different things fun just as comedy is subjective.

https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it was ok but could have used 4-5 max per region, 9 felt overkill
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

Then you are foolish for standing up for ZOS in this manner. MANY customers have found this quest and much of summerset to be boring, a let down if you will. Frankly, not worth the money. Patting ZOS on the back when they have not done a good job is not the appropriate way to help them move forward in regards to creating compelling content for sale. There is nothing funny or fun about the quest chain for many of us. I am glad you are easily amused, but some of us expect a bit more substance to our entertainment. My points are simply feedback to ZOS, I am sorry you somehow take them personal (which in and of itself is a bit of a quandary).

I am not falsely claiming that you are making attempts to defame me, that is exactly what your are doing, intended or not.

I did not miss out on any laughs. I listened to them, found nothing funny about it. At this point the only thing I am missing out on is time wasted replying to you and the money I have spent for this expansion.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 12 characters.... well, on NA, I got 6 more on EU...
    This is going to be annoying big time.
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

Then you are foolish for standing up for ZOS in this manner. MANY customers have found this quest and much of summerset to be boring, a let down if you will. Frankly, not worth the money.

While it would seem that " MANY customers" you speak of seem to be very small in numbers compared to those who have enjoyed it, just look at the forums, it is their right to not like it. I would not say they are foolish for their opinion.

However, it is very inappropriate of you to say I am foolish because, as others here have stated, the dialogue of that skull is a hoot.

If you truly feel I defamed you then you have clearly reported it to Zos and they have clearly not agreed to such a false claim by you. Other than that I will not continue to entertain such petty and false claims by you.
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rumple9 wrote: »
    Sloppy, lazy game writing - no real quest just lengthy travelling all over the world to fill time

So you prefer leveling the guild like you did with mages guild or fighters guild. This grind is quite entertaining imo and less dull compared to previous guild grinds.
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • DamenAJ
    DamenAJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, it's definitely worth voice to ZOS that, hey, there are some things that could make this quest better...

Like... Being able to quickslot the map. Maybe making the maps a little more detailed/accurate(Generally pretty good, but there's been a few I've just ran around in huge circles because there's no landmarks...).

But, I mean. Vent all you want, but a lot of people find the skull hilarious, myself included. And an "annoying" voice is a matter of tastes. The augur often gives useful tips on where precisely the rift will be, as well as his quips. He's functional, as well as amusing.

Others in the thread have offered some decent advice. Wait for an add-on, look at a guide on your phone, mute the volume while you're doing the quests. Also, space it out, you don't have to do everything right away, it's no worse than finding a bunch of books for the mages guild.

I'm not saying it's fun, I mean, book hunting isn't fun, but it's not completely hateful if you just do it along with everything else, instead of just focusing on it. It's also 100% optional. :| And it's definitely amusing to some people.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Funny as hell.

Totally agree!! ^^
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , could you tell us who voiced the skull? They are amazing!!

I thought I recognised the voice straight away, but couldn't put a name to it.
    Then it just came to me last night when I was doing level 2.
    I think it is Warwick Davies.

Can't find anything online to substantiate this though.

I think they went budget with this considering I have not seen the Queen yet. Kate would not have been bottom budget either.

I do hope you realize that Queen Ayrenn does not live in Summerset anymore, so no you won't see her there, she left her cousin, the Proxy Queen, in charge of Summerset.
    Edited by ADarklore on May 24, 2018 3:47PM
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, go on your guar. At guarp speed!

I had a blast and am actually looking forward to doing this on alts with friends.

Varana wrote: »
    You can't quickslot the map (why?), it's very vague, and activating the Augur does exactly nothing to help you. .

Yeah, you should be able to quick-slot it. It's silly that you can't.

As for the Augur, I found that in several places his commentary pointed me exactly in the right direction when I got close enough to an area. So I think he was pretty helpful.

The Moot Councillor
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Funny as hell.

Totally agree!! ^^
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , could you tell us who voiced the skull? They are amazing!!

I thought I recognised the voice straight away, but couldn't put a name to it.
    Then it just came to me last night when I was doing level 2.
    I think it is Warwick Davies.

Can't find anything online to substantiate this though.

I think they went budget with this considering I have not seen the Queen yet. Kate would not have been bottom budget either.

I do hope you realize that Queen Ayrenn does not live in Summerset anymore, so no you won't see her there, she left her cousin, the Proxy Queen, in charge of Summerset.

Considering the issue that the main story line deals with, at the end it would make sense that the queen, vs her proxy, would make an appearance in Summerset. After all, she is the one who opened Summerset up to more visitors.

I doubt her hand lives in Summerset either, but you probably knew that.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Varana wrote: »
    You can't quickslot the map (why?), it's very vague, and activating the Augur does exactly nothing to help you. .
    As for the Augur, I found that in several places his commentary pointed me exactly in the right direction when I got close enough to an area. So I think he was pretty helpful.
    The comment he gives once you reach the general area, yes.
    I meant the "activate the augur" (or whatever it's called), i.e. the action that gives you the glowing head. I'm not really sure why you're prompted to do that. Okay, it deactivates once you run too far, so there's some use to it, but still.
  • Summerchild
    I hope those who thought of this quest, wrote it and approved for the game go to hell and do this quest there till the end of time, because this is what it is — mind-numbing, inexpressibly boring hell. Who even allowed those people to work with games? They clearly don't know what games are for. I have more fun filling my tax declarations.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope those who thought of this quest, wrote it and approved for the game go to hell and do this quest there till the end of time, because this is what it is — mind-numbing, inexpressibly boring hell. Who even allowed those people to work with games? They clearly don't know what games are for. I have more fun filling my tax declarations.

I think many of us can agree that all the travel was mind numbing, however, that skull dialogue was fantastic.

I also think it is less mind numbing that grinding all those mage books but more than getting undaunted leveled up though it takes about as much time as undaunted. But neither of those have the dialogue.