Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PlayStation™ Network service interruption has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

Searching for Breaches to seal them is the antithesis of fun.

Raideen
Raideen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Cross referencing maps to find the breaches is a total PITA and a complete UI failure outside of the fact the quest type alone is boring and mundane. Looking for breaches makes me just want to log and do something else. The only saving grace is that the psijic spells are pretty much boring and not really worthy of the time invested to unlock them in the first place.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its much more fun doing them with a full speed mount, Alcast's guide pulled up on my phone and doing it in a group of IRL friends on voice comms.

Arguing about which breach to aim for first.
    Going "I'm gonna grab the wayshrine first, wait for me!"
    Getting randomly dismounted by rapid manuevers
    Leading the group off cliffs
    Laughing at the Augur.

Like doing Vaults of Madness for the hundredth time, its a drag to do it alone and a barrel of laughs to do it with friends.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 23, 2018 9:04PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just used alcasts guide to save a lot of time
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    Cross referencing maps to find the breaches is a total PITA and a complete UI failure outside of the fact the quest type alone is boring and mundane. Looking for breaches makes me just want to log and do something else. The only saving grace is that the psijic spells are pretty much boring and not really worthy of the time invested to unlock them in the first place.

The quest is not about searching for breaches but the skulls running commentary.

Funny as hell.

Edit: and the person who added that it if fun to do with friends is correct. But a lot of that has to do with the skulls running commentary. lol
    Edited by idk on May 23, 2018 9:13PM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    did the first part of that today solo. it was fun.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

The quest is not about searching for breaches but the skulls running commentary.

Funny as hell.

Edit: and the person who added that it if fun to do with friends is correct. But a lot of that has to do with the skulls running commentary. lol

Totally agree!! ^^
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , could you tell us who voiced the skull? They are amazing!!
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

I find nothing funny about it. His voice, the lame jokes is all very annoying.

Funny as hell.

Totally agree!! ^^

I find no humor in it at all. The voice is extremely annoying and the jokes/commentary are not even remotely funny. These aspects added to the complete chore in finding the breaches in the first place just makes for an extremely boring experience.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, it does tell you when to use the spell and a marker will show on your compass when you get close, so not that hard.
    There will be a add on like "Lost Treasure" soon I'm sure.
    Sorry you find it unappealing. Different type of players I suppose. Like some hate NPC dialog and storylines, and some of us TES fans follow every discussion and read every book and listen to every storyline. That's why I found the skull awesome!
    Still like to know who voiced it..:)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    It's worse than lorebooks imho. There are some good lines, but will you still be laughing at them when your doing it on your 4th character? I won't. It would be fine if it were account wide. But it won't be because zos loves horse rides and load screens.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloppy, lazy game writing - no real quest just lengthy travelling all over the world to fill time
  • Mavloc
    Mavloc
    ✭✭✭
    Weird. I was closing Oblivion gates in TES4, and it was super fun.

Where did ZOS go wrong?
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fun part was the final boss iceskating around the rink. Made me lol
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

I suggest you relax some then because he was hilarious.
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The skull and the general type of quest are two very different things.

You can have the skull with every other kind of quest, as well. I'm sure they'd come up with some decent lines for any other form of quest, and it would be infinitely more fun.

The breach-sealing is ... just boring. You can't quickslot the map (why?), it's very vague, and activating the Augur does exactly nothing to help you. The breach is there even if you don't run around with a glowing head. And the quest marker only appears when you're already near it; you can run around for a long time without getting close enough if you're unlucky.

If at least something would happen at those breaches. But no, absolutely nothing.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am just gonna wait for an addon.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With a guide it atleast was tolerable. I was under the impression that the rift sealing was a repeatable quest along the lines of the repeatables for the other guilds. The reality was much better than I was expecting. The first time through I think the agur makes it much more enjoyable but by the 4th character I could see it getting old fast. All in all I think it is slightly better than the mage's guild grind although it is worse if you are attempting to grind multiple skill lines like mage's guild as well as getting sky shards.
    My main criticism is that the maps sucks. The marks need to be much more precise. In summation, for existing characters it isn't that bad but for new characters it doesn't mesh well with the existing new character grind.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

I am relaxed, please do not make lame attempts to defame me or attach a demeanor to my post.

I simply have not found any of the humor funny and as I have already stated I find the voice extremely annoying. My GF is British so I know that is not the issue, I cant say why I find the voice annoying but it just is.

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not so bad when you are finally done. ;)
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol, true.

Until you need to do it again for character number two.

....then three

....then four

....then five

• Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used UESP's map on my phone, it also helped quite a bit. But yeah, it's not my favorite quest line... Probably my least favorite, it's just literally running around Tamriel, at least so far that's what it has been.

Luckily the skill line is pretty cool, so it makes it bearable.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to be blithely contrary, I'm enjoying it, but I quite like exploring/collecting quests. And as others have said, the Skull is very entertaining. :)
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭

Lol, true.

Until you need to do it again for character number two.

....then three

....then four

....then five

lol whose fault is that? I wonder why someone whom has such issues with the game are even still here; complaining to complain is just plain annoying. The very least you can do is complain constructively...

/luck in all ur endeavors
    Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

Totally agree!! ^^

I thought I recognised the voice straight away, but couldn't put a name to it.
    Then it just came to me last night when I was doing level 2.
    I think it is Warwick Davies.

Can't find anything online to substantiate this though.
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

I am relaxed, please do not make lame attempts to defame me or attach a demeanor to my post.

I simply have not found any of the humor funny and as I have already stated I find the voice extremely annoying. My GF is British so I know that is not the issue, I cant say why I find the voice annoying but it just is.

Maybe you are a little sensitive but there was no defaming or demeaning there. Suggestions to just relax are clearly not fitting either accusation.

I have done it twice and found the little blue skull entertaining. Second time was with a group of friends and it was even more hilarious. That is why the only thing I can think of is suggest you relax because there is something preventing you from getting a good hoot out of such great dialogue.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raraaku wrote: »
    I used UESP's map on my phone, it also helped quite a bit. But yeah, it's not my favorite quest line... Probably my least favorite, it's just literally running around Tamriel, at least so far that's what it has been.

Luckily the skill line is pretty cool, so it makes it bearable.

I was using the addon for finding books (I think that is the one). It places a small quest map on the UI so at least there is a quick reference. But its still a boring quest of running around.

At least with the mage guild there are like 4 books per book that needs to be read so you accidentally run into them easier (for those who do not use the addon) and the fact that the books are grandfathered meaning if you read them and then talk to the mage guild later on, they retroactively add to your leveling.

Also, the mage guild is something you can do when normal questing anywhere in Tamriel, this is not the case for the psijic order.

Its just bad on so many fronts I am frankly amazed it made it through beta and into live and even more amazed that some people actually find this entertaining.
  • Lunatic_Dizzy
    Lunatic_Dizzy
    ✭✭✭
    When it gets boring, but needs to be done, here's a tip:
    1) Pop open a guide, so you know where to go and can save some time.
    2) Turn down game volume and crank some tunes and veg out

It's what I do when I'm farming mats and it helps make a mundane task more bearable.
    XB1 / NA
    Lunatic Dizzy (Breton Mag Sorc DPS) *Main
    Lilith the Gilded Flame (Dunmer Mag DK DPS)
    Varissa the Black Widow (Dunmer Mag NB DPS)
    Soraya the Midnight Blade (Khajiit Stam NB DPS)
    Heals-with-the-Heavens (Argonian Templar Healer)
    Scales-of-Stonework (Argonian DK Tank)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »

Funny as hell.

Totally agree!! ^^

I thought I recognised the voice straight away, but couldn't put a name to it.
    Then it just came to me last night when I was doing level 2.
    I think it is Warwick Davies.

Can't find anything online to substantiate this though.

I think they went budget with this considering I have not seen the Queen yet. Kate would not have been bottom budget either.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny as hell.

Maybe you are a little sensitive but there was no defaming or demeaning there. Suggestions to just relax are clearly not fitting either accusation.

I have done it twice and found the little blue skull entertaining. Second time was with a group of friends and it was even more hilarious. That is why the only thing I can think of is suggest you relax because there is something preventing you from getting a good hoot out of such great dialogue.

I am not sensitive in the slightest but acutely aware of tactics employed by you and others like you who must always come in to defend ZOS whenever someone brings up a critique that is not praising the amazing ZOS. In fact, your statement on being "Sensitive" is an exact duplicate in your attempt to make ME the issue when all I am doing is exercising my right as a consumer/customer of this product in voicing my opinion on something I find boring. Smart companies understand that negative feedback is just as if not MORE important than positive feedback.

I don't find the dialog entertaining in the least. Its not funny, the voice is purely annoying to me and based on polling in general chat and the guilds I am in, others feel the same way. This is my opinion and an opinion that is shared by many. Just like its your opinion that this is an amazingly fun quest even on the second go around (oddly, I have not found a single quest in game that was fun on the second time around)

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, don't do it then and go have fun somewhere else. Personally I am enjoying finding them all without any help, they often choose interesting locations to put them in.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When it gets boring, but needs to be done, here's a tip:
    1) Pop open a guide, so you know where to go and can save some time.
    2) Turn down game volume and crank some tunes and veg out

It's what I do when I'm farming mats and it helps make a mundane task more bearable.

I do this often in this game. In fact, I would say most of my time is spent with the game music turned off (sadly, its the best part of the game) and I put on some music (I have a hi-fi set up with a Pass Labs amplifier and some Thiel CS 2.4's) so I can grind out the grindy stuff.

The mage guild was infinitely easier and more fun imo and I have done it on most of my toons as they are all magicka (I have 11 toons, only 1 is stamina). I cant even get through this quest one time for the psijic order. Its simply overkill on my boredom/tedious/mundane chart. Every other breach I just alt F4 and find something more entertaining to do.
  • Magenpie
    Magenpie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varana wrote: »
    You can't quickslot the map (why?),

However, very much this. If you're given a quest item (or any item) you need to use frequently, you should be able to quickslot it. Absolutely.