The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Alinor Crest Townhouse

WeerW3ir
WeerW3ir
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently i have purchased this beautiful house. But im kinda dissapointed on that the music inside the house is the old Auridon music instead of the new Summerset ones. Why tho'?
I would be happy if we could get the correct music :smiley:
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many furniture slots is it, I'm thinking of getting it but need to know furniture cap o.o
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    greylox wrote: »

And you have ESO+ I assume?
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runschei wrote: »
    greylox wrote: »

And you have ESO+ I assume?

yeah
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    It's a really nice house at a more than reasonable price. I purchased the unfurnished version as I wasn't overly keen on the furniture used. Been getting some decorating ideas from visiting other houses in Alinor and leaning more toward the fighters guild look. Very high quality textures compared to some of the original homes and a great sign of what's to come in the future.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I am actually dissappointed with the house in general.

I love my classic house in reapers march, it has a pool, its cosy and a great out door section.

What dissappointed me with the town house is that theres no fountain or pool at the back (there is room for it) in the terrace but its also lopsided hard too the left which is off-putting for some reason can't really explain that one.

Then theres the fact the outside visual of the house makes it look a bit bigger than it actually is and we dont have access too the tower that is right next too the home unfortunately either which could of been a really nice addition.

Then theres the interior generally, I liked it - for a classic house its spacious and pleasant too look at by default but it really just feels strange like it was a house that was meant to be notable but they made it smaller intentionally and turned it into a classic house. I feel like the house should be much bigger than it actually is.

That said in comparison too the other classic houses the room and space is very very nice. I just feel like its wasted potential so I wont buy it. I hope they do come out with a better house in Summerset akin too the one in reapers march because honestly if they do and it has a lovely outdoor area then I will buy that in a heartbeat.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That seems like an odd inconsistency although it's not one that will affect me much, since they made toggling music on and off a pain, so I just leave it off all the time. i will buy the house, once I do the prerequisite achievement, since I'll only pay gold for any house.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

I love my classic house in reapers march, it has a pool, its cosy and a great out door section.

What dissappointed me with the town house is that theres no fountain or pool at the back (there is room for it) in the terrace but its also lopsided hard too the left which is off-putting for some reason can't really explain that one.

Then theres the fact the outside visual of the house makes it look a bit bigger than it actually is and we dont have access too the tower that is right next too the home unfortunately either which could of been a really nice addition.

Then theres the interior generally, I liked it - for a classic house its spacious and pleasant too look at by default but it really just feels strange like it was a house that was meant to be notable but they made it smaller intentionally and turned it into a classic house. I feel like the house should be much bigger than it actually is.

That said in comparison too the other classic houses the room and space is very very nice. I just feel like its wasted potential so I wont buy it. I hope they do come out with a better house in Summerset akin too the one in reapers march because honestly if they do and it has a lovely outdoor area then I will buy that in a heartbeat.

There's a huge courtyard with a 4 sided fountain (you get that with unfurnished).

Did you miss the courtyard ?

• BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a really nice house
    But I'm still sad cause we didnt get a house with a medium/big sized house (like amaya)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's the gold price, please?
    :3
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The neighbors are too noisy. I hear them through the common walls.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    Its a really nice house
    But I'm still sad cause we didnt get a house with a medium/big sized house (like amaya)

The Grotto is coming!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    Its a really nice house

The Grotto is coming!

meh I never buy houses for Crown, it looks nice , but not my type :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »

There's a huge courtyard with a 4 sided fountain (you get that with unfurnished).

Oh hey, *I* missed the courtyard when I previewed it, I only found the terrace. I'll have to go back and look again, thanks for mentioning that! Terrace access is upstairs, can I assume courtyard access is ground floor and I just passed over it somehow?
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Oh hey, *I* missed the courtyard when I previewed it, I only found the terrace. I'll have to go back and look again, thanks for mentioning that! Terrace access is upstairs, can I assume courtyard access is ground floor and I just passed over it somehow?

Huh...I missed the courtyard as well. I only saw a terrace on the upper floor.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Minyassa wrote: »

Huh...I missed the courtyard as well. I only saw a terrace on the upper floor.

Make that three of us! I own the house and didn't know there is a courtyard. :p
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • RogueCoyote27778
    Wait wait wait there’s more outside areas other than the relatively small terrace area??
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No..there's only 1 outside from the 2nd floor. You call it terrace..I called it courtyard.
    Sorry for any confusion on terminology.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No..there's only 1 outside from the 2nd floor. You call it terrace..I called it courtyard.
    Sorry for any confusion on terminology.

You said "huge" courtyard. Whether you call it a courtyard or a terrace, it is not huge. And where is the fountain?

Edited: Wow! I can't believe I walked right past that fountain and didn't notice it before!
    Edited by Hippie4927 on May 26, 2018 4:56AM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    I have buyer's remorse. I bought it furnished with crowns but I don't even use it. It feels too much like a show home. There's no obvious place for a crafting area that doesn't spoil the design. I think it's a bit too posh for me. The jewellery station and the new outfit station would look good in a crafts room but every other station is too rustic looking.

Also I have no chance of ever crafting any additional furniture in the Alinor style because the crafting mat is locked behind RNG daily boxes and every item requires 2.

The terrace is nice but an odd shape. I think I need to strip everything out and see what I'm working with. I don't know...

That's two homes I've bought with crowns that I don't really use because I don't know where to start. The other is the Gorinir Estate.
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saccarius wrote: »
    I have buyer's remorse. I bought it furnished with crowns but I don't even use it. It feels too much like a show home. There's no obvious place for a crafting area that doesn't spoil the design. I think it's a bit too posh for me. The jewellery station and the new outfit station would look good in a crafts room but every other station is too rustic looking.

Also I have no chance of ever crafting any additional furniture in the Alinor style because the crafting mat is locked behind RNG daily boxes and every item requires 2.

The terrace is nice but an odd shape. I think I need to strip everything out and see what I'm working with. I don't know...

That's two homes I've bought with crowns that I don't really use because I don't know where to start. The other is the Gorinir Estate.

In the furnished version, the second room on the left on the ground floor is the most "workshop"-looking one. It has some crates in a corner. Another option is to use the large alcove on the terrace level.

What bothers me are the camera angles and the camera getting stuck behind the wall furnishings, blocking my entire view.
  • Kumba_Ya
    Kumba_Ya
    ✭✭

I feel you. For all the houses I’ve bought I’ve tried to have a crafting station, but every area looked too cramp and awkward for my taste. I just ended up not putting any stations. I use the crafting hub like 15 seconds away instead, get all my writs done while Im there deconing and researching. For me it’s pretty much a 1 million gold wayshrine to a popular city lol
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I ended up doing for the crafting in the townhouse.

Screenshot_20180526_101815.png

I separated the large dining room into two rooms using the new walls so that I'd still have the little kitchen area and a spot to put my cooking station.

Screenshot_20180526_101756.png

Then I turned the 'kitchen' room into a crafting room. Still needs some clutter and perfecting but I'm fairly happy with it so far.
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    fioskal wrote: »
    This is what I ended up doing for the crafting in the townhouse.

Screenshot_20180526_101815.png

I separated the large dining room into two rooms using the new walls so that I'd still have the little kitchen area and a spot to put my cooking station.

Screenshot_20180526_101756.png

Then I turned the 'kitchen' room into a crafting room. Still needs some clutter and perfecting but I'm fairly happy with it so far.

I never thought about adding walls. I forgot about the whole structures category. I was decorating it on the PTS during maintenance and I was having issues with upstairs in that every room felt like a corridor apart from the loft space.

Your kitchen area looks really great btw :smile:
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had some problems deciding on where to place crafting stations.

Jewelry, Alchemy and Enchanting was the easiest decided, as the loft makes a perfect little laboratory:

8VT4Wkz.jpg
    fFzglUR.jpg

The other crafting stations, I ended up putting outside.
    UchyQdS.jpg
    fwSuBqJ.jpg
    GsyA10M.jpg

Placing them in such a way I get the best view when crafting :)
    UbTXrJD.jpg

• Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    I also had some problems deciding on where to place crafting stations.

Jewelry, Alchemy and Enchanting was the easiest decided, as the loft makes a perfect little laboratory:
    8VT4Wkz.jpg
    fFzglUR.jpg

The other crafting stations, I ended up putting outside.
    UchyQdS.jpg
    fwSuBqJ.jpg
    GsyA10M.jpg

Placing them in such a way I get the best view when crafting :)
    UbTXrJD.jpg

Wow, that all looks great! I'm jealous of all your expensive looking furniture and flora :grin: I think I'm going to use the loft as well. I tried partitioning off part of the kitchen with a wall and a post so you can only see the nice looking stations from the door but it's a bit cramped. The ugly stations don't look so bad on the terrace with all that plant life around them. You did really well. I might have to steal all your ideas :wink:
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that all looks great! I'm jealous of all your expensive looking furniture and flora :grin: I think I'm going to use the loft as well. I tried partitioning off part of the kitchen with a wall and a post so you can only see the nice looking stations from the door but it's a bit cramped. The ugly stations don't look so bad on the terrace with all that plant life around them. You did really well. I might have to steal all your ideas :wink:
    Ideas are there to be stolen. xD
    I tend to put flowers and pretty trees around crafting stations in all my houses. Got to make them look good, right? Who cares if the blacksmithing station would probably set the whole thing on fire. :P
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to put flowers and pretty trees around crafting stations in all my houses. Got to make them look good, right? Who cares if the blacksmithing station would probably set the whole thing on fire. :P

You're talking to the guy who puts lit candles onto bookcase shelves... Every one of my homes is a massive fire hazard.
    :grin:
    Edited by Saccarius on May 29, 2018 7:23PM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're talking to the guy who puts lit candles onto bookcase shelves... Every one of my homes is a massive fire hazard.
    :grin:

Me too! In our defense, those bookcases are freakin' dark. How else are you going to show what's inside? :D
  • jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    jmgrant44ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The inside door frame to the terrace is out of place. Not sure what happen but it looks like they put the wrong frame in.