The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alinor Crest Townhouse

• ametisrising
    ametisrising
    Soul Shriven
    I bought it, but I'm really disappointed that we didn't get more of the gorgeous landscaping that the rest of Summerset had. If there were ever a place for an opulent yard, it's this one.
  • Zachary_Shadow
    Zachary_Shadow
    ✭✭✭
    I just got the house yesterday and I'm already having an issue with it. I love it, but is anyone having problems with the home where lighting clips through walls and goes into different rooms? I have lighting being in rooms where there's no lighting because there's some candles or the new Psijic Globes nearby in another room. For example, in this image I have it where there's two large Psijic Globes in the room downstairs, but none in the loft, yet I'm still getting blue lighting. 0cn8oxvevxjt.jpg

I'm having the same problem where it's clipping downstairs: ionyhdm2emx3.jpg

After this, I thought maybe it was just the Psijic Globes, but in the small room downstairs, I have literally no lights in there at the moment, yet: 3ah6n3dc6n8u.jpg
    One of the candles on the staircase is clipping through the walls, so I know it's all lighting.

This is the only house I have this issue with as well. It really ruins the look I'm trying to get for some rooms. Is anyone else having this problem, or just me?
    Edited by Zachary_Shadow on June 2, 2018 1:39AM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got the house yesterday and I'm already having an issue with it. I love it, but is anyone having problems with the home where lighting clips through walls and goes into different rooms? I have lighting being in rooms where there's no lighting because there's some candles or the new Psijic Globes nearby in another room. For example, in this image I have it where there's two large Psijic Globes in the room downstairs, but none in the loft, yet I'm still getting blue lighting. 0cn8oxvevxjt.jpg

After this, I thought maybe it was just the Psijic Globes, but in the small room downstairs, I have literally no lights in there at the moment, yet: 3ah6n3dc6n8u.jpg
    One of the candles on the staircase is clipping through the walls, so I know it's all lighting.

This is the only house I have this issue with as well. It really ruins the look I'm trying to get for some rooms. Is anyone else having this problem, or just me?

i actually like that effect. you've given me some ideas i wouldn't have managed on my own. :)

personally, i love the house and its location.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lylith wrote: »

i actually like that effect. you've given me some ideas i wouldn't have managed on my own. :)

personally, i love the house and its location.

Yeah, I was about to say that it might be an unintended effect, but it's a pretty cool and unique feature.
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to say that I think many of you have done really lovely things with this house. I've been waiting for Summerset to drop on console so that I can get it. I have so many plans for the space. Aesthetically speaking, this is probably my favorite house that I've seen (in videos at least).

I am curious, since I'm whiling away the maintenance, is the townhouse close to most amenities (bank, crafting, etc;)?
    Edited by HEXENWOLF on June 5, 2018 7:37AM
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    HEXENWOLF wrote: »
    I just want to say that I think many of you have done really lovely things with this house. I've been waiting for Summerset to drop on console so that I can get it. I have so many plans for the space. Aesthetically speaking, this is probably my favorite house that I've seen (in videos at least).

I am curious, since I'm whiling away the maintenance, is the townhouse close to most amenities (bank, crafting, etc;)?

Yeah just down the stairs from the front door you have the lovely new crafting area to your left and to your right is the bank and a wayshrine. You'll love it dude, enjoy :)
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Excuse the messiness @HEXENWOLF

pbH0NIl.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • HEXENWOLF
    HEXENWOLF
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

Excuse the messiness @HEXENWOLF

pbH0NIl.jpg

This is awesome! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :)

• Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's got a great layout..close to the daily NPC's, crafting, wayshrine and bank.
    The crafting area is compact and all in one place.

The townhouse has become my main house for my 3 max level toons

The only things missing is undaunted and master writ NPC's.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone else experience that bug that dismounts you when you ride down the stairs in front of the house too close to the inner wall?
  • SilvyrNixe
    SilvyrNixe
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually been having some issues on figuring out where I want to put things in my townhouse, maybe someone can get in game with me at some point and give me some fun ideas?
    "Real courage is not to give up hope, even in the most terrible darkness, and to carry on." -The Sight by David Clement-Davies
  • Asha_11_ESO
    Asha_11_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Does anyone else experience that bug that dismounts you when you ride down the stairs in front of the house too close to the inner wall?

Yes! This happened to me for the first time today.

I also noticed the light clipping through from one room into another. I don't mind it though, the more light the better :D
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had some problems deciding on where to place crafting stations.

Jewelry, Alchemy and Enchanting was the easiest decided, as the loft makes a perfect little laboratory:

8VT4Wkz.jpg
    fFzglUR.jpg

The other crafting stations, I ended up putting outside.
    UchyQdS.jpg
    fwSuBqJ.jpg
    GsyA10M.jpg

Placing them in such a way I get the best view when crafting :)
    UbTXrJD.jpg

Wait. WAIT. You can remove the big iron fences from the terrace?!?! The ones that pretty much obscure the view? How? Just like a normal item, or a special addon? OMG?! Please tell me how you did that, it looks so much better without them.
    Edited by JJBoomer on June 7, 2018 11:58AM
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He didn't. He just raised the floor of that part of the terrace. ;)
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurelle1 wrote: »

oh man. i would love a guide as to how! it looks amazing
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »

Raising the floor of the terrace gives you a much better view of Alinor, I cannot recommend it enough! Best thing: all the items you need can be crafted or bought from others in guild stores!

Front view:
    ZdZhh9b.jpg

This is what I used:

2x Stairs to build upon the existing stairs
    6BcGdHD.jpg

3x Ballroom Floor
    QSH7R57.jpg
    Three of them gives you plenty of coverage, I ended up having a small hole in the back, but covered that with a planter as you can see in the previously posted pictures. If you want everything covered, you'll need 4.

3x High Long Fences
    2vIc3zR.jpg
    I used these to cover up the existing fences. To make it more a wall that can carry the ballroom floor. I used it for the front, as well as the sides.

2x Alinor Wall, Stone
    cTwZhPO.jpgThese to cover up the hole between the side of the stairs and the Ballroom floor.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Raising the floor of the terrace gives you a much better view of Alinor, I cannot recommend it enough! Best thing: all the items you need can be crafted or bought from others in guild stores!

Front view:
    ZdZhh9b.jpg

This is what I used:

6BcGdHD.jpg

3x Ballroom Floor
    QSH7R57.jpg
    Three of them gives you plenty of coverage, I ended up having a small hole in the back, but covered that with a planter as you can see in the previously posted pictures. If you want everything covered, you'll need 4.

3x High Long Fences
    2vIc3zR.jpg
    I used these to cover up the existing fences. To make it more a wall that can carry the ballroom floor. I used it for the front, as well as the sides.

2x Alinor Wall, Stone
    cTwZhPO.jpgThese to cover up the hole between the side of the stairs and the Ballroom floor.

omg thank you! did you use any special housing addons? Or just the tools already available in game?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome! I haven't gotten the house yet, still raising the funds, but to me, that was the main drawback was the big walls obscuring the view from the courtyard. Well done!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Front view:
    ZdZhh9b.jpg

This is what I used:

6BcGdHD.jpg

3x Ballroom Floor
    QSH7R57.jpg

3x High Long Fences
    2vIc3zR.jpg

2x Alinor Wall, Stone

@Incognitius Thank you! May I ask how much it cost you to acquire these items?
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg thank you! did you use any special housing addons? Or just the tools already available in game?
    Nope, just used the tools already available. I'm sure with R_K's addons, it's easier with better result, but I'm stubborn. ^^
    This is awesome! I haven't gotten the house yet, still raising the funds, but to me, that was the main drawback was the big walls obscuring the view from the courtyard. Well done!
    Same for me. Can't take credit though, got my idea from this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC7XlFS0lpk
    which shows a raised terrace at around 11 minutes. As soon as I saw it, I wanted that too. xD

Sure, below I have the average gold prices on PC EU traders:

Stairways 12.000 p.p. (24.000 total)
    Ballroom Floor12.000 p.p. (36.000 total)
    Fence, Tall Long 12.000 p.p. (36.000 total)
    Alinor Wall, Stone 10.000 p.p. (24.000 total)
    So in total at the moment on PC EU it would cost you 120.000 to buy it completely from guild traders. If you have some of these recipes + mats yourself, it becomes cheaper of course.

If you are very lucky in life, and your irl bank account exceeds your ESO bank account, these are the prices in crowns:

Stairways 100 crowns p.p. (200 total)
    Ballroom Floor 300 crowns p.p. (900 total)
    Alinor Fence Tall Long 300 crowns p.p. (900 total)
    Alino rWall Stone, 130 crowns p.p. (260 total))
    In total 2260 crowns.
    Edited by Incognitius on June 8, 2018 2:39PM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, just used the tools already available. I'm sure with R_K's addons, it's easier with better result, but I'm stubborn. ^^
    Same for me. Can't take credit though, got my idea from this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC7XlFS0lpk
    which shows a raised terrace at around 11 minutes. As soon as I saw it, I wanted that too. xD

Sure, below I have the average gold prices on PC EU traders:

Stairways 12.000 p.p. (24.000 total)
    Ballroom Floor12.000 p.p. (36.000 total)
    Fence, Tall Long 12.000 p.p. (36.000 total)
    Alinor Wall, Stone 10.000 p.p. (24.000 total)
    So in total at the moment on PC EU it would cost you 120.000 to buy it completely from guild traders. If you have some of these recipes + mats yourself, it becomes cheaper of course.

If you are very lucky in life, and your irl bank account exceeds your ESO bank account, this is these are the prices in crowns:

Stairways 100 crowns p.p. (200 total)
    Ballroom Floor 300 crowns p.p. (900 total)
    Alinor Fence Tall Long 300 crowns p.p. (900 total)
    Alino rWall Stone, 130 crowns p.p. (260 total))
    In total 2260 crowns.

THANK YOU!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Incognitius thanks for sharing this! I built something like it last night on PS4 NA using your tips with my own twists and it turned out great. Awesome stuff.
    PS4NA
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Incognitius i’m having a little trouble figuring out how to place the ballroom floors to raise the terrace. mind giving a little explanation as to how you did it?
  • Incognitius
    Incognitius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Incognitius i’m having a little trouble figuring out how to place the ballroom floors to raise the terrace. mind giving a little explanation as to how you did it?

Hmm tough to explain when you've already placed everything.

I first added the stairs.

Then the first ball room floor piece, I placed here against this fenced corner, at this height:

UchyQdS.jpg

The second one I placed next to it, one side against the rest of the fence, one side against the mountain wall. It's the one my crafting stations are placed on.

The third one I placed where my stairs are. A part of it goes into the building wall and I overlapped it a bit with the other ballroom floor blocks.Only a small part at the back, I couldn't cover with a ballroom floor, so I put a planter with a tree there.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm tough to explain when you've already placed everything.

I first added the stairs.

Then the first ball room floor piece, I placed here against this fenced corner, at this height:

UchyQdS.jpg

The second one I placed next to it, one side against the rest of the fence, one side against the mountain wall. It's the one my crafting stations are placed on.

The third one I placed where my stairs are. A part of it goes into the building wall and I overlapped it a bit with the other ballroom floor blocks.Only a small part at the back, I couldn't cover with a ballroom floor, so I put a planter with a tree there.

okay, awesome. thank you!
  • deano469
    deano469
    ✭✭✭
    This is the view from my house thanks to a great decorator friend of mine.puxefc96g7tg.png

I'll post more SS after it gets more complete.
    Edited by deano469 on June 11, 2018 8:41AM
  • ArchStanton48

Front view:
    ZdZhh9b.jpg

This is what I used:

6BcGdHD.jpg

3x Ballroom Floor
    QSH7R57.jpg

3x High Long Fences
    2vIc3zR.jpg

2x Alinor Wall, Stone

I gained inspiration from this so I appreciate you sharing. I will say on the PS4 I knew it would be a bit difficult to get things in the correct placement and I was not 100% sure how you arranged them but I had a rough idea from your description. I think I ended up with about an 80% successful result. Mine looks a little different in some areas and the angles they give you to try to match stuff really complicates things. It will do for now.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go ahead and post some of my shots. thanks to @Incognitius and their guide, I think I was very successful!

So I did have some trouble getting all the stairs to align just right, so I ended creating a platform with the stairs instead, which I actually ended up liking. I also added the fancy looking Alinor Doorway to make feel like it was naturally built this way as part of the house:
    wBc6GEY.png
    DLwwbXf.png

The first things you're greeted to when you go all the way up:
    DcYAI38.png
    w5fKf3P.png

I added A LOT of trees and flowers up here, to give it a more forest-y, magical feel to it. The upper terrace has probably 80% tree cover, which actually looks really nice during the day:
    VxbREDG.png

This is the gazebo/overhang area. Added more plants, and the wedding curtains to it, against for that fantasy island look:
    92fQcRg.png
    Jg5SXjz.png

And finally the now amazing view from the upper terrace! So much better this way omg:
    IKRWwir.png

Thos iron fences really are an eye sore. which is why I didn't even want to look at them on the lower terrace. So as an added bonus, I got a few of the High Dense Hedge walls, and put them over the fences. Which gives the lower terrace a very private feel, which I think the elves would actually prefer tbh:
    w20HgT7.png
    Edited by JJBoomer on June 11, 2018 9:28PM
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I followed your exact model and raised the terrace in my home and I love it. Every guildie thats come buy thinks its awesome. it looks so natural like it belongs and wasnt added on.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are some amazing ideas.

Regarding the wrought-iron fence being an eye sore, maybe the designers were trying to give the terrace an urban city look?