Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Pet & Adornments Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms) - May 24

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
Get ready to embrace your wild side with this week's Crown Store offerings!

ADORNMENTS
Barbaric Beauty Pack
fa96d9a3713ae352074684615bb4b6aa.jpg
This wild cosmetic bundle includes Windblown Hair, the Wire Half-Mask, Eye-Briar Gemmed Tattoo, Dangling Earrings, and Dark Emphasis Eyelashes. Savage!

The Barbaric Beauty Pack will be available in the ESO Crown Store on all platforms starting on May 24, and costs 1,000 crowns.

PETS
Wrothgar Buck Goat
ab2cd8cd806faf7420fa4d6f3c1d96bf.jpg
The Orcs of Wrothgar have a hardy breed of goats well-suited to the area's rugged terrain and changeable climate. Each goatherd particularly prizes his herd's master Buck Goat; these tend to be both intelligent and pugnacious, good animal companions.

The Wrothgar Buck Goat will be available in the ESO Crown Store on all platforms starting on May 24, and costs 700 crowns.

DYE STAMPS
Opaque
9v4smlkpze9x.png

The Opaque dye stamps are available on all platforms from May 24 to May 31 at 10am EST and cost from 50 to 100 crowns.

Will you be picking up today's new Crown Store offerings? Show us your screenshots and GIFs here, on Twitter, or Instagram!

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on May 24, 2018 2:53PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! I've been waiting for that hair for so long!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, ZOS, is the Briar-gemmed tattoo supposed to turn my Dunmer's lips a pale pink? Because it looks really silly.

Other issues mentioned here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414921/beware-the-barbaric-hair-texture-glitches#latest
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was expecting the Barbaric Beauty Pack to be around 1.2 - 1.5k Crowns so I think the pricing on that is fair. I won’t be grabbing it because it doesn’t fit any of my characters that well. I did find the Wire Cage Half-Mask to be cooler than I expected and would maybe grab that if it was separate for 200-400 crowns.

Oh, I was bummed that the hairstyle wasn’t available for Khajiit! That is just too bad.

The Wrothgar Buck Goat should be around 400-500 crowns in my opinion. He is a rather simple, if charming little guy but the extra 300 crowns to his price tag makes the Dragontail Goat (400 crowns) feel all around better. Unless I was a goat collector. A goat collector might be okay with the 700 crown price but it doesn’t make me look twice when I already have the 400 crown Dragontail Goat.

Just offering my feedback!

Edited by Left4Daud on May 24, 2018 8:27PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was expecting 1000 crowns for the Beauty Pack, so I think that price is right. :) I am, however, disappointed to learn that the tattoo comes with pink lipstick and the hair seems to be a mess with certain costumes. The hair, at least, needs to be fixed. I will probably pass on this one until it is, unless I can find some costumes that don't make my character look like she has sticks stuck in her hair.

I was thinking that 700 for the goat was a lot, but I couldn't remember what the other one cost, since I was not interested in buying it.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The hairstyle is BROKEN.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of all the recent additions to the Crown Store, I really like the Barbaric Beauty Pack. New hair styles that look great are always welcome. I was even surprised that the hair style looked alright on my male Nords. The eyelashes are also quite nice and even work with some of the lipstick options with is great.

I think this is a positive step forward and I would like to see more hairstyles added as well as beards. I am talking about you, Jorunn the Skald-King’s hair and beard and Sai Sahan’s beard. Adornments like these give your characters that extra bit of personality and uniqueness.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such low res texture on the hair. Much disappointed :(
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, ZOS, is the Briar-gemmed tattoo supposed to turn my Dunmer's lips a pale pink? Because it looks really silly.

Other issues mentioned here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414921/beware-the-barbaric-hair-texture-glitches#latest

Thanks mate, was debating picking up another small crown pack for this bundle, but will rather wait til its fixed
  • MuchShock
    MuchShock
    ✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to that hair since it was datamined a long time back. Pity it just doesn't look right with any of my toons :(
    I have some characters, play the game and do stuff. It's fun sometimes.

Xbox-NA
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    so sad i can't wear it with my Khajiit :'C the hairstyle is really beautiful
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • skepticck
    skepticck
    ✭✭

It also removes all the eye shadow colors:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5165720/#Comment_5165720

Edited by skepticck on May 24, 2018 7:34PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The barbarian hair has a serious issue when combined with certain costumes. This is that one-shouldered imperial costume.

42329144061_7ef6156c22_o.png

28456344478_f744a3b87b_o.png

42329144371_89438034e0_o.png
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cannot say these two things enough:

THANK YOU for making earrings that MEN CAN WEAR!!! and,

THANK YOU for making the eyelashes a facial hair instead of a makeup!!

I could not be more thrilled about these two things. Seriously you don't know how annoyed some of us are about all the earrings being just for female toons. MORE LIKE THIS, PLEASE!!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    The barbarian hair has a serious issue when combined with certain costumes. This is that one-shouldered imperial costume.

42329144061_7ef6156c22_o.png

28456344478_f744a3b87b_o.png

42329144371_89438034e0_o.png

Too bad. Since it is a "premium" item, I am sure that someone will like it that way, so they won't fix it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woo Hoo! Farah Fawcett hair!
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    How long is the Barbaric Beauty Pack going to be in the Crown Store?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    How long is the Barbaric Beauty Pack going to be in the Crown Store?

I was thinking it was limited time (since they like to do that), but when I went to look to see when it ended, it didn't have an end date. I guess they are going to leave it in the store for a couple months.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's so "barbaric" about windswept hair?
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    There's no need for these announcement threads anymore. We ALL know it's in the store, because we see it on a giant ad every time we log in, on every single character. That's 10 or more times per day, for many of us, that we get your crown store ads aggressively shoved down our throats. We don't need them stickied on the forums anymore.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    There's no need for these announcement threads anymore. We ALL know it's in the store, because we see it on a giant ad every time we log in, on every single character. That's 10 or more times per day, for many of us, that we get your crown store ads aggressively shoved down our throats. We don't need them stickied on the forums anymore.

Actually, I need the announcement thread more than ever, since now I reflexively ALT out of the banner ad the second I see it on log-in. Not that it matters, because it was advertising Summerset which I already own.
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to detract from your anti-store-ad sentiment, but I actually appreciate the forum stickies because I read them at work and it helps remind me to log on and get something before it's gone if I haven't been on in a couple days :)
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't buy the hair alone? Okay then. Certainly not going to pay for things I don't want.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    What's so "barbaric" about windswept hair?

I am pretty sure it is modeled after Conan the Barbarian.
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    Really a goat, you've goat to be kidding me :)
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Robby94 wrote: »

What's wrong with goats? :) They are wonderful animals.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quality control people must have had the day off on that hair. But i do like the earings
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    Robby94 wrote: »

What's wrong with goats? :) They are wonderful animals.

Don't let him get your goat. :smile:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Took a really long look at the Barbaric Beauty Pack this weekend, on all my female toons and have decided to pass for now on it.

First, the hair only really looks somewhat ok on two of my toons. Plus, it doesn't work well with quite a few of the costumes that my characters are wearing. Sure, it works fine with some, but I don't want to have to change my costumes for something that works with the hair, but doesn't really work with my characters.

Second, the face tattoo. It is gorgeous in itself, but they paired it with a pale pink/salmon lipstick! And, that lipstick really is only acceptable on one of my toons. On all the others, esp. my Dunmer and Redguard, it just looks awful. It looks pretty bad on the rest, too, with only one toon having it look passable, as in I'd be ok with it just to use the tattoo. Why did they think that it was a good idea to pair it with a lipstick in the first place and to pair it with such an awful color?

Then, there are the earrings, which are fine, but not really any better than what comes in the basic adornments pack (though I understand these work on male characters, so that's cool).

The eyelashes are great, but not really that different from the subtle eyelashes, though it sounds like these work with makeup, which I think the subtle ones still don't? Unless that's been changed with Update 18.

So, that leaves the half mask, which I really do like, but not enough to spend 1000 crowns on. I'll just pick up both the basic hair and adornments packs - much better deals.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 29, 2018 5:35PM