The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS: What is your standing on gold for crowns/crown items through your gifting system?

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Pretty much what titles says. I'm curious what ZOS thinks about this and whether it is legal to do so.

I'm Interested in buying Crown Crates for Gold through other players if legally possible, so it would be really nice to know!

I know a lot of people will hate me for this, but what can I say... That's not really my problem :)

Not to mention that those willing to sell crowns would do so either way.
Edited by Nyladreas on May 25, 2018 5:19AM
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    <Remains silent.>

That is ZOS's stance on the matter.

180px-ON-npc-Remains-Silent.jpg
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 25, 2018 5:26AM
  • Kuwhar
    Kuwhar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Meh i dont see the issue, impossible to police first off and even if they tried people would still do it.

If anything its going to funnel them money rather than it taking place "under the table" and losing out on revenue.

To be clear, thats not necessarily a defense of the practice, but im a pragmatist. More money to ZOS means a longer development cycle and lifespan for ESO.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What they should have done was copy WoW's sub tokens tbh, person buys token for 20$ then sells at min-max price in game and when you buy it have the option to add Eso+ without the 1500 crowns, or 1500 crowns
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They aren't going to answer this thread anymore than they will answer the other dozen threads on this topic.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering what Zenimax's perspective is on loot crates after this entire ordeal with EA, and a few European and Asian countries declaring lootboxes as unregulated gambling, and therefore illegal in certain countries.

But I strongly doubt anyone, even @ZOS_RichLambert, will say much about it. They probably want to stay off the radar until it all blows over.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    Pretty much what titles says. I'm curious what ZOS thinks about this and whether it is legal to do so.

I'm Interested in buying Crown Crates for Gold through other players if legally possible, so it would be really nice to know!

I know a lot of people will hate me for this, but what can I say... That's not really my problem :)

Not to mention that those willing to sell crowns would do so either way.

Zos is very unlikely to answer this as they have clearly answered it by permitting this gifting system.

I expect they are bright enough to now some will trade gold for some items.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should be supported with ingame transaction window so that zos wont be flooded with tickets of being scammed
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 25, 2018 7:36AM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I think it should be supported with ingame transaction window so that zos wont be flooded with tickets of being scammed

This would indeed be nice.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the idea of being able to get everything just by playing the game, and not having some things be only available with irl money. However, ZOS would need to implement a secure system for this, rather than relying on trust trades, which can result in some nasty scams. I personally think that either ZOS should go all the way and make gold able to be exchanged for crowns (or vice versa) or they should crack down on gold sellers, not anywhere in between.

This is all we can do on the subject, is say it and hope ZOS hears it, because any kind of monetization strategies or related subjects are unlikely to be discussed terribly openly or transparently, because of the controversy it tends to bring and how sensitive the issue is.

I mean, I don't really have a huge stake as far as crown gifting goes, as I won't get scammed by something like this, and gifting isn't taking away anything from me, but I think it is still something ZOS should be aware of and think very hard about, especially in what it means for the future and how it affects all the other game systems. That's all I got.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only things I need (name change token and add. char slots) are not giftable, so meh.
    Edit: but Outfit token and slots can be gifted, hmm... :astonished:
    Edited by Deep_01 on May 25, 2018 5:18PM
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all i've seen so far is the option to gift houses.