Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS- Random cyrodiil load screens are a big problem

SwampRaider
SwampRaider
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know about any other regulars in cyrodiil, but our group gets constant load screens while out fighting away from keeps and near keeps it seems to happen everywhere.

These load screens last anywhere from 1 second to 20 seconds. This is a big problem especially in the middle of fights. It's slightly tolerable when moving between objectives, but it becomes a big problem when you're doing something like running a scroll.

The other day one of our scroll Runners kept on stopping because he got load screens. This allowed the enemy to catch up.

This needs to be handled ASAP
Edited by SwampRaider on May 23, 2018 11:38AM
Character: Eros, Eros I I, The Paw of Woe
Class: Templar Healer/MagWarden/ Stam Sorc
Alliance: DC
Campaign: Vivec (pc/na)
Guardians of Daggerfall
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate bumping threads, because I know it's technically not legal around here and a moderator would swoop in. But we still as a PVP community in cyrodiil haven't heard anything that zos is doing to fix this

You know how annoying it is to be in the middle of a fight and half of your group gets a random load screen some of them come out of it in one second others it takes longer?

You know how game breaking it is trying to have an open field engagement against another guild and people on both sides get load screens?

I know how frustrating it is when you are running a scroll and the scroll carrier gets a loading screen that lasts 2 minutes to the whole entire enemy Alliance desert shows up and you're helpless?

You know how annoying it is trying to kill 3 people at once but you get a load screen for just one second and then you get dropped?

You know how weird it feels having to bump your own thread and get a moderator to penalize you because you're not getting answers?
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know how weird it feels having to bump your own thread and get a moderator to penalize you because you're not getting answers?

There's a 5 month old bug report about Xbox chat channels vanishing that's not been even acknowledged as a problem being looked into yet. Yes, I know.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what's causing it. But I'm getting random load screens that last up to 5 minutes.
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found something that may have helped me.

On a lark I went and checked my firewall settings. Guess what? All the programs that I had added to the list were missing. I guess it was one of the last Win 10 updates that wiped it. Anyway, after adding ESO back to the list things are better.

Note: I did shut down the game to do this as such the restart may have a lot to do with it.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about any other regulars in cyrodiil, but our group gets constant load screens while out fighting away from keeps and near keeps it seems to happen everywhere.

These load screens last anywhere from 1 second to 20 seconds. This is a big problem especially in the middle of fights. It's slightly tolerable when moving between objectives, but it becomes a big problem when you're doing something like running a scroll.

The other day one of our scroll Runners kept on stopping because he got load screens. This allowed the enemy to catch up.

This needs to be handled ASAP

Happened to me just yesterday, and happened plenty of times in the past. Always at the worst times too.

For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Cuthceol
    Cuthceol
    ✭✭✭
    send in a bug report, that's about the most the average player can do, anything more and they'll just ignore as duplicate info, ZO$ fix stuff if and when they get around to it :(
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and random 2 secs freeze.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^ agreed

AND...I will be doing a light attack weave and my toon freezes in a crouching position...then it will puke up all the light attacks (the animation anyway), which none go off, and same with the skills in between the light attacks. So I hit all these attack and do zero damage to anyone.

I love this game but stuff like this is going to force me to quit since I play PvP 95% of the time. I had already quit for a year and a half (maybe longer) because of this.

Should mention: PS4 NA
    Edited by Hurtfan on May 31, 2018 5:54PM
    For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better specs and a less populated area are the only real solutions I've found to this problem. I've only had one random loading screen since getting my xbox one x (when I was in an incredibly highly populated city), and I've never had a random loading screen on my PC (which is still more powerful than my xbox one x), although truthfully I haven't played on PC much since the console launch way back when.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players have been complaining about the load screen [problem in Cyrodiil for years. ZOS has ignored the problem and most likely will continue to do so.
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Players have been complaining about the load screen [problem in Cyrodiil for years. ZOS has ignored the problem and most likely will continue to do so.

No, this is new. Random load screens while outdoor pvping. Not just teleporting to keeps. Happened since summerset
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reducing graphics to medium helped somewhat for me. Riding from dragonclaw to bruma i now only get one micro-loadscreen instead of two or three.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres a ZoS response to this about turning off Game Mode if your running Win 10. I tried it last night and got 2 micro load screens the whole night. IMO it's still not a fix. There was some other BS about deleting some file and letting the game re-DL it. But I think this is only going to delete all your user settings. You'd have to redo all your hot keys etc. Pain in the butt if ya ask me.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • SwampRaider
    SwampRaider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Theres a ZoS response to this about turning off Game Mode if your running Win 10. I tried it last night and got 2 micro load screens the whole night. IMO it's still not a fix. There was some other BS about deleting some file and letting the game re-DL it. But I think this is only going to delete all your user settings. You'd have to redo all your hot keys etc. Pain in the butt if ya ask me.

The only issue with that is I know many people with HIGH END PC's that get 70+ FPS in cyrodiil and still get random load screens
    Guardians of Daggerfall
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The only issue with that is I know many people with HIGH END PC's that get 70+ FPS in cyrodiil and still get random load screens
    Yep. I get 80+ FPS (usually) and have an SSD that's inanely fast. Still get load screens all the time.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »

Yep. I get 80+ FPS (usually) and have an SSD that's inanely fast. Still get load screens all the time.

The issue is trying to load a lot of things in all at once. Part of it is loading in assets, which is stress on your hardware, part of it is loading in players, which is stress on the servers and your connection. You can fix part of the problem, or at least lessen it, but it's hard to completely eliminate it without ZOS getting godly servers, which, I mean, has practicality concerns.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.