The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Grand Master Crafter Achievement - Please Fix Before Release

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    This requires you've got 50 motifs learned, right? So... we're seriously seeing people who haven't completed their research with 50 complete styles?

I know a person who knows all the styles but has not completed all of the research. So, for what it is worth ... that's one. :D

Well, tell 'em to get off their *** and start researching. :p
  • RedRook
    RedRook
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, are people really going to spam random people with the Grand Master Crafter title with crafting requests?

That just seems rude and counterproductive, when you could ask in zone for a master craft and get responses from people who are actually interested in filling your order.

Judging from this thread, I don't think inconvenience to randoms looking for a crafter is what anybody is up in arms about.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the way you can learn the current trait master thing is so fast because it is only every trait at least once. It takes 6 hours to learn the first trait. if you just go down the line of traits on a new item with armor you never have to spend more than 6 hours on a single piece of research. 7 pieces of heavy, 7 pieces of light you never even need to waste time on Medium. So even if you don't take the perks to do more than one piece a day you can get all the traits done in 4 days. Start the first day at say noon. heavy chest and light chest, and throw in a bow, come back at 6 pm start the next 2, heavy head, light head and a fire staff That gets you 4 of 5 armor traits the first day and 2 weapon. if you repeat that the next day you only have 1 armor to learn on day 3 Then you can start on blacksmithing weapons that night, So at the end of day 3 you have ALL armor done and 7 weapons Last 2 get done next day. All traits in 4 days with no perks. You could push if you started earlier and checked in at night, i'm just using an example that isn't all that extreme.

All this will net you the achievement but it will not make you a great crafter....
    Edited by Nightfall12 on May 18, 2018 11:30PM
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, are people really going to spam random people with the Grand Master Crafter title with crafting requests?

That just seems rude and counterproductive, when you could ask in zone for a master craft and get responses from people who are actually interested in filling your order.

I agree, I think the idea that people will constantly be harassing those with Master Crafter titles is not realistic. I think people are still going to ask in zone and guild chats, they're not going to chase you down to whisper you if they happen to see your title.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do the increased requirements to complete achievements translate into a step back in % chance for master writs? Or an increase if you complete them? No change?
    Edited by Wreuntzylla on May 22, 2018 10:15PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the increased requirements to complete achievements translate into a step back in % chance for master writs? Or an increase if you complete them? No change?

What do you mean?

The achievement requires that you complete 100 master writs. That in turn will be made easier by knowing more motifs. Though, I'm not sure what you're asking about, to be honest.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so was looking through achievements and... you have to learn every trait in jewelry for meta achievement. even if you only learn rings, or necklaces, it will STILL take considerable time to research, unless you throw money to buy scrolls at it. so.. there's that.

in any case, it does sound like a pretty fair achievement to me (and yes, other then JC stuff, I know more then 50 complete motifs - everything but crown exclusives and what was just added with summerset, in fact, and have all the traits research for every item. someone having the same title, while still researching - doesn't bother me at all.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What do you mean?

The achievement requires that you complete 100 master writs. That in turn will be made easier by knowing more motifs. Though, I'm not sure what you're asking about, to be honest.

When master writs were originally released, the forum PR lady said the rate at which you received them depended on motif knowledge. A dev posted that this was true in the sense that the motif completion related to achievements. All in all it wasn't terribly clear. When new motifs were added they said that the chance would be at least as good as it was before the addition.

So my questions is do I need to get to 100% on achievements again to maintain the previous rate of earning master writs, will it stay the same or will it improve?
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean?

When master writs were originally released, the forum PR lady said the rate at which you received them depended on motif knowledge. A dev posted that this was true in the sense that the motif completion related to achievements. All in all it wasn't terribly clear. When new motifs were added they said that the chance would be at least as good as it was before the addition.

So my questions is do I need to get to 100% on achievements again to maintain the previous rate of earning master writs, will it stay the same or will it improve?

No one knows but ZOS, but judging from the info they have handed us, I think it's pretty safe to say that the very small bonus from motifs is staying at the same percentage ad perpetuum, and that it's just more motifs that factor into the equation, which means that as we progress with future motifs, it will require more and more motif knowledge to obtain the, again very small, bonus to master writ drops.

So while I'm no math genius, the equation is something like X% base dropchance for a master writ, plus (Y bonus from motif knowledge minus number of motifs unknown), where Y remains a constant, even with new motifs appearing.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »
    This new "Grand Master Crafter" achievement really needs to include an achievement for fully researching all 9 traits on every item. I LOVE the idea of a "Grand Master Crafter" title so players can see proof of your knowledge and skill before hiring you for jobs, and that title should also act as proof that you know all 9 traits.

Please add a "True Trait Master" or "Grand Trait Master" achievement for knowing all 9 traits on every weapon and armor piece (looks like jewelry already has a 9 trait achievement), and make it part of the prerequisites to earn the new "Grand Master Crafter" achievement and title. Or if you want to break it up into "Armor Trait Master" and "Weapons Trait Master" that would work too.

Regardless, including 9 trait knowledge in the title is paramount to showing people that you are a true master crafter and can craft any gear. Otherwise the title is worthless. For example in the current form you could be wearing the "Grand Master Crafter" title with only 2 traits researched on a restoration staff, and not be able to make a Kagrenac's Hope staff when someone asks for it. This hardly resembles a "Grand Master Crafter". Please fix this before going live Monday.

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Zos logic.......Basing it around motif gathering and how much money you have to spend acquiring them instead of skill.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »
    Carbonised wrote: »
    And once again, for those of us who actually bothered to test stuff on the PTS, it's clear that the title is Master Craftsman, and has been so since day 1 of the PTS, despite the patch notes and other notes claiming different, also since day 1.
    So yes, they did give incorrect information in their info posts, as well as patch notes, which has already been brought up by me several times on the PTS cycle with no answer. That is still beside the point.

They already fixed the title.

gCgWAbI.png

Amusingly, the trait thing isn't the biggest omission here.

You only need the level 1-CR140 potency runes. You only need to know all four effects of the launch era alchemy mats (Toxicologist completes the current alchemy lineup, and there's two new mats coming in Summerset.)

Of course, Recipe Compendium can be done with green recipes. So, no 160 purple soup for you.

To be honest, I'll probably never actually wear this title, simply because the last thing I want is people pestering me with crafting requests. I stopped responding to zone requests over a year ago (maybe over two now, I'm not sure), after a string of idiots over a couple months sapped my faith in people to figure out what they wanted crafted.

I noticed that, too, when reading through the list. We only have to know the 1-CR140 potency runes? Who cares about aspect and essence runes. Also, what about the CP150 and Hakeijo? And, as you said, just the original plants, and not the ones added with TG (Toxicologist). And the recipes are easy - I didn't know that just green recipes could get you that. And motifs, heck, the blue and original purples count - that's 25% of the achievement right there.

I think what many of us were hoping for is some validation/reward for achieving the time-consuming task of learning all 9 traits on all items. At some point, I'd love to see them add this as an achievement, with maybe a Trait Master title. And it wouldn't matter if it was added after the fact, since the Grandmaster achievement currently doesn't have all the crafting achieves in it anyway.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 24, 2018 7:10PM