Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Master Crafter Achievement - Please Fix Before Release

sozo108
sozo108
✭✭✭
This new "Grand Master Crafter" achievement really needs to include an achievement for fully researching all 9 traits on every item. I LOVE the idea of a "Grand Master Crafter" title so players can see proof of your knowledge and skill before hiring you for jobs, and that title should also act as proof that you know all 9 traits.

Please add a "True Trait Master" or "Grand Trait Master" achievement for knowing all 9 traits on every weapon and armor piece (looks like jewelry already has a 9 trait achievement), and make it part of the prerequisites to earn the new "Grand Master Crafter" achievement and title. Or if you want to break it up into "Armor Trait Master" and "Weapons Trait Master" that would work too.

Regardless, including 9 trait knowledge in the title is paramount to showing people that you are a true master crafter and can craft any gear. Otherwise the title is worthless. For example in the current form you could be wearing the "Grand Master Crafter" title with only 2 traits researched on a restoration staff, and not be able to make a Kagrenac's Hope staff when someone asks for it. This hardly resembles a "Grand Master Crafter". Please fix this before going live Monday.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed, in its current incarnation it's more of a master crafter then a grand master crafter
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 18, 2018 3:30PM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I don't understand how you can have a "Grand..." something title if you don't have complete knowledge of basic stuff like traits (in this case). I'm don't expect nor I'm saying you need to know all things in an eternity of crafting history to be a "Grand...", but the 9 traits in all weapons and armor, yes, that should be a must for someone with such title.

Edited by Dragonnord on May 18, 2018 4:16PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This requires you've got 50 motifs learned, right? So... we're seriously seeing people who haven't completed their research with 50 complete styles?
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone:
    Hey GRAND MASTER CRAFTER, can you craft Kagrenac's Hope Powered Resto?

Grand Master Crafter:
    Nope.

Same someone:
    Hey, you! The one over there near the crafting station. Can you craft Kagrenac's Hope Powered Resto?

Common crafter that knows a few styles and traits:
    Yeap. Give me the mats and I can craft it for you.

:D:D:D
    Edited by Dragonnord on May 18, 2018 9:29PM
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10 agreed. The tremendous time that was put into researching stuff should be considered when you want to call someone Grand Master Crafter.

PC|EU
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I'm at 35-40 complete, with another 10 that are between 11 and 13 chapters. I'm only at 8 traits for most of blacksmithing and clothing. So it is possible but I think not very likely.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, are people really going to spam random people with the Grand Master Crafter title with crafting requests?

That just seems rude and counterproductive, when you could ask in zone for a master craft and get responses from people who are actually interested in filling your order.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This requires you've got 50 motifs learned, right? So... we're seriously seeing people who haven't completed their research with 50 complete styles?

That's not the matter on the table, but the fact that how can someone be a GRAND Master Crafter if he/she can't craft a simple weapon trait?

• sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    Someone:
    Hey GRAND MASTER CRAFTER, can you craft Kagrenac's Hope Resto?

Grand Master Crafter:
    Nope.

Same someone:
    Hey, you! The one over there near the crafting station. Can you craft Kagrenac's Hope Resto?

Common crafter that knows a few styles:
    Yeap. Give me the mats and I can craft it for you.

:D:D:D

Exactly! This is what I'm hoping to avoid. When you ask someone for mats up front to craft them their requested gear, they are placing their trust in you to not rip them off. Having the title prove that you actually CAN make Twice Born Star, Kags, etc. will go a long way to help earn that trust up front.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i agree... someone collecting motifs would surely have been researching as well.

also

'Trait Master (Research every available Weapon and Armor Trait at least once)'

doesn't that include nirn?

every available weapon and armour trait.

• Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have to agree. I have all traits on 7 of my alts, and just a few days it will be 8 alts. It took a considerable amount of time and dedication to achieve that and I think it before anyone can be considered a “Grand Master Crafter”, they need to have all traits on at least one of their characters. Only one will get the title because I will never get the other achievements for the other alts but at least I’ll know I’ve earned it for my main crafter. The only thing he will need to finish up is Jewelry Crafting.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It says "at least once" (for the GMC title), so you can know, let's say, Precise trait on an axe but you don't know Precise trait on a dagger and neither on any of all the other existent weapons, and same with armor.

Edited by Dragonnord on May 18, 2018 6:23PM
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭

i agree... someone collecting motifs would surely have been researching as well.

also

Nope, Trait Master is just for the 8 non-nirnhoned traits, and it just means you've researched all 8 collectively at least once. So in theory you could research 0 traits on a resto staff and get the "Trait Master" achievement.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno a master crafter should know all traits on all armor
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also hope they will add this, and I was disappointed when I saw it wasn't part of the achievement. But some of the reasoning on this thread is a little silly. As if the way the world will work is that "I can trust nobody to craft for me unless I see the grandmaster title!" and then..."Wait! But alas! I can not even trust them because the achievement they earned didn't require all nine traits on everything!" That's just being silly.

Let's ask for it, but lets be honest. It sounds really fun to have an achievement that TRUELY requires us to be a grandmaster. And the fact that this one doesn't just plain makes it less fun. Let's not act like the trust that builds our society will fracture on account of it.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also agree. I have everything researched and that grind is rough and requires dedication. I feel grand master crafter should be rewarded more for having 9 traits on all, than any of the other requirements currently. It’s the one thing that actually matters and it’s left out.

I’m also someone who has all motifs researched up until morrowind (quit the game for a while) and before the anniversary event that also took a ton of dedication, money, and time just simply searching guild stores. I even searched pvp leaderboards and made deals with people with tons of ap to buy akavari motif when it first dropped. Well over a million gold - nearly 1.5 to obtain this when it launched. Basically it took a ton of work and effort. But I was know as “THE” crafter because people would ask “you have this” and I would say I have all. Every single time that was met with “all??” Lol. Every time.

But jewelry crafting isn’t! See what they did there ;)

Please add the 9 train on everything be included. Hell you should also require max provisioning, enchanting, alchemy, too. It’s a reward for the ones who have actually earned it.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, are people really going to spam random people with the Grand Master Crafter title with crafting requests?

That just seems rude and counterproductive, when you could ask in zone for a master craft and get responses from people who are actually interested in filling your order.

I've had someone PM me asking to craft Dubious Camorean Throne drink, because he read my title.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’d be a rare case at maximum, but trait researching should be included independent from this matter.
    PC|EU
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I would leave this achievement requirements as is, but change the name of the achievement to just "Master Crafter".
    And later I would like to see more advanced achievement, that will require all 9 traits and some furnishing achievements too, because if you go full "Grand Master" then you should know some carpentry too.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on May 18, 2018 4:39PM
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Having them know all 9 traits for everything is more important than knowing 50 motifs.

Almost every craft I do now players tell me they don't even care what the style is anymore b/c they will just be using a costume or outfit with it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still disappointed that there was no crafting achievement for doing your first transmute. Missed the boat on that one.
    Give 'er eh!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says "at least once" (for the GMC title), so you can know, let's say, Divines trait on an axe but you don't know Divines trait on a dagger and neither on any of all the other existent weapons, and same with armor.

If you're going to pretend you can craft a Divine axe, I'm going to have to assume you're being somewhat economical with the truth... or, don't know what you're talking about.

But, seriously, the idea that someone would put in the time to get 50 completed motifs, but not also find every trait in that time is almost as unreasonable as expecting someone to craft you a dagger in Divines.
    Edited by starkerealm on May 18, 2018 5:54PM
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It says "at least once" (for the GMC title), so you can know, let's say, Divines trait on an axe but you don't know Divines trait on a dagger and neither on any of all the other existent weapons, and same with armor.

If you're going to pretend you can craft a Divine axe, I'm going to have to assume you're being somewhat economical with the truth... or, don't know what you're talking about.

But, seriously, the idea that someone would put in the time to get 50 completed motifs, but not also find every trait in that time is almost as unreasonable as expecting someone to craft you a dagger in Divines.

I missed the trait but you got my point. ;)

And there are several of those "someone". Last anniversary event, for example, gave hundred of motifs pages and dozens of motif completions to people that don't care about traits at all, many guildies included. That, plus a lot of basic, regular and cheap motifs that you can get/complete in minutes, can get you close to 50 motifs learned.

I know at least two persons that have that amount of motifs and just a few traits learned.

Edited by Dragonnord on May 18, 2018 9:31PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, the achievement and the title is "Master Craftsman", there's no "grand" in the title anywhere.

Second of all, the achievement requires you to:
    - be at 50 in all crafting skil lines
    - complete 100 mastercrafter writs
    - research every available trait at least once
    - lean the Nirnhoned trait
    - learn every jewelry trait for both items
    - know 50 complete motif styles
    - learn 100 provisioning recipes
    - learn every alchemy trait and potency runes

In the grand (see what I did there) scheme of things, adding an achievement for all traits researched into this is a non-issue.
    No one in their right minds have leveled all skill lines to 50, learned 50 complete motif styles, 100 provisioning recipes, researched all jewelrycrafting traits and handed in 100 mastercrafter writs while only having researched a handful of traits, as some people are so extremely afraid of here. Besides, you do have to have every trait researched at least once, including the Nirnhoned.

Would be nice if people actually did the PTS testing before jumping on here with their doom and gloom.

BapXkoo.jpg
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna happen
    Everyone is in the bar celebrating that they got this patch out the door :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • sozo108
    sozo108
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    First of all, the achievement and the title is "Master Craftsman", there's no "grand" in the title anywhere.

In the grand (see what I did there) scheme of things, adding an achievement for all traits researched into this is a non-issue.
    No one in their right minds have leveled all skill lines to 50, learned 50 complete motif styles, 100 provisioning recipes, researched all jewelrycrafting traits and handed in 100 mastercrafter writs while only having researched a handful of traits, as some people are so extremely afraid of here. Besides, you do have to have every trait researched at least once, including the Nirnhoned.

Would be nice if people actually did the PTS testing before jumping on here with their doom and gloom.

BapXkoo.jpg

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26395

The article linked above was posted on 5/15, and is more current than the most recent PTS update of 5/14. The article states the following:

"EARN THE GRAND MASTER CRAFTER ACHIEVEMENT"
    "Should you earn this new Achievement, you'll unlock the Grand Master Crafter title and the incredible Skyforge Smith Hammer Outfit Style."

So either ZOS changed the names of the achievement and title after PTS was updated, or they gave us incorrect information in their news article. This post was based on the most recent information given to us by ZOS and no "doom and gloom" was intended, just a request for ZOS to give the "Grand Master Crafter" title announced in this article its proper requirements.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sobelding wrote: »

BapXkoo.jpg

https://elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26395

The article linked above was posted on 5/15, and is more current than the most recent PTS update of 5/14. The article states the following:

"EARN THE GRAND MASTER CRAFTER ACHIEVEMENT"
    "Should you earn this new Achievement, you'll unlock the Grand Master Crafter title and the incredible Skyforge Smith Hammer Outfit Style."

So either ZOS changed the names of the achievement and title after PTS was updated, or they gave us incorrect information in their news article. This post was based on the most recent information given to us by ZOS and no "doom and gloom" was intended, just a request for ZOS to give the "Grand Master Crafter" title announced in this article its proper requirements.

And once again, for those of us who actually bothered to test stuff on the PTS, it's clear that the title is Master Craftsman, and has been so since day 1 of the PTS, despite the patch notes and other notes claiming different, also since day 1.
    So yes, they did give incorrect information in their info posts, as well as patch notes, which has already been brought up by me several times on the PTS cycle with no answer. That is still beside the point.

The point is, that with the required achievements involved in this title, you will not see a million people suddenly sporting this title with only a handful of traits learned, I assure you. Thus, the somewhat hysterical outcry that ZOS /needs/ to add this requirement on top of the others is really just wasting their time. Me and everyone else who will obtain this title once our jewelrycrafting research is done, will all of us have all traits research on every other item as well, that is pretty much guaranteed.

I would rather ZOS took some time to ajust the current title of "Master Craftsman" to "Grand Master Craftsman", as was advertised, than waste time to add a requirement that is both redundant and superfluous.

Edited by Carbonised on May 18, 2018 9:03PM
  • Edaphon
    Edaphon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And once again, for those of us who actually bothered to test stuff on the PTS, it's clear that the title is Master Craftsman, and has been so since day 1 of the PTS, despite the patch notes and other notes claiming different, also since day 1.
    So yes, they did give incorrect information in their info posts, as well as patch notes, which has already been brought up by me several times on the PTS cycle with no answer. That is still beside the point.

They already fixed the title.

gCgWAbI.png

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edaphon wrote: »

They already fixed the title.

gCgWAbI.png

Amusingly, the trait thing isn't the biggest omission here.

You only need the level 1-CR140 potency runes. You only need to know all four effects of the launch era alchemy mats (Toxicologist completes the current alchemy lineup, and there's two new mats coming in Summerset.)

Of course, Recipe Compendium can be done with green recipes. So, no 160 purple soup for you.

To be honest, I'll probably never actually wear this title, simply because the last thing I want is people pestering me with crafting requests. I stopped responding to zone requests over a year ago (maybe over two now, I'm not sure), after a string of idiots over a couple months sapped my faith in people to figure out what they wanted crafted.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I know a person who knows all the styles but has not completed all of the research. So, for what it is worth ... that's one. :D
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--