The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Gold Food

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    Can someone clarify? The screenshot above shows the new gold food stats as better than the wrothgar drink everyone uses for max heath and magic recovery? Is this right?

Also, I saw a mention of a purple recipie that gives double fish drops of fishing with one other person.. does this mean just in Summerset? Or everywhere? Does it mean you pull two fish in or you get two fish when skinning? Having 6 master anglers I’m very curious because If it doubles the drops that essentially means master angler will take half the time.

Anyone with the info please clarify. I’m on Xbox. Thanks.

Also, the recipe pieces and motifs only drop from Summerset not everywhere, correct? Thanks.

Anyone with this info?

I'll give what I know. The recipes dropped for me from Artaeum, in waterlogged psijic parcels. The pynadonean motif drops from Pynadonean bottles in Summerset.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone clarify? The screenshot above shows the new gold food stats as better than the wrothgar drink everyone uses for max heath and magic recovery? Is this right?

Also, I saw a mention of a purple recipie that gives double fish drops of fishing with one other person.. does this mean just in Summerset? Or everywhere? Does it mean you pull two fish in or you get two fish when skinning? Having 6 master anglers I’m very curious because If it doubles the drops that essentially means master angler will take half the time.

Anyone with the info please clarify. I’m on Xbox. Thanks.

Also, the recipe pieces and motifs only drop from Summerset not everywhere, correct? Thanks.

Anyone with this info?

I'll give what I know. The recipes dropped for me from Artaeum, in waterlogged psijic parcels. The pynadonean motif drops from Pynadonean bottles in Summerset.

Just looking to find if the recipie or motif drops in other zones.

Does a new purple recipe exist giving double fish drops form fishing with one other person.

Are those drops double fish when fishing or double fish when skinning.

Thanks.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why they’re pushing out these health recovery recipes when 90% of the population is vamps.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Not sure why they’re pushing out these health recovery recipes when 90% of the population is vamps.

Mostly good for Vampires in Cyrodiil. Full health recovery in Cyrodiil. Half the health gained in Cyrodiil. Healthy recovery (glyphs, sets and or food such as this. Makes up the lost heal in Cyrodiil, especially for Vampires)
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    time to fishing
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On console here. Can anyone give a pic or at least the name/stats of the purple food. I know it doubles fish loot, but does it have any stat bonuses like Hissmir Fish Eye Rye? Thanks!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    On console here. Can anyone give a pic or at least the name/stats of the purple food. I know it doubles fish loot, but does it have any stat bonuses like Hissmir Fish Eye Rye? Thanks!

The purple waterlogged psijic recipe makes

ZIfh2nY.jpg
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 25, 2018 4:28AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EL6ri7S.jpg
    One of my guild mate eat the food/drink, and it says this in the character menu.

@BaylorCorvette you noticed this with your use?
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    VaranisArano

It’s another case of RNG on top of RNG then. I had my first bottle hooked yesterday. It contained one of the new alchemy reagents and the style material.

So it is: RNG to get a bottle and RNG to get a motif or recipe drop in the bottle. I expected nothing else after 4 years.

If it helps, on the PTS I got both the purple and gold recipe with less than 100 casts in Artaeum. On live I got the purple one pretty quickly (and then stopped because that was the one I wanted).

It doesn't help! I have been fishing since the game broke on Monday. I have fished every active hole I ran across. I have fished up exactly 0 recipes, 0 motifs, and 0 of anything worthwhile. I did, however, fish up a crapload of the style material for the motif that I didn't fish up.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    EL6ri7S.jpg
    One of my guild mate eat the food/drink, and it says this in the character menu.

@BaylorCorvette you noticed this with your use?

Yup... But the description lists it as a drink and the icon looks like a drink, BUT IIRC the recipe said food. I don't even think ZoS knows.

HOWEVER, I can 100% confirm that wearing Bone Pirate and using this will NOT grant the extra stamina from Bone Pirate. So, even though it says it's a drink, it's acting as a food buff in terms of whether or not it works with BP.

Really hope this is a bug and it is in fact supposed to be a drink..
    Edited by BaylorCorvette on May 25, 2018 5:39AM
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    I don't normally complain but their are no words to describe how angry i am that this is BOP..
    The icing on the cake is that its double RNG too....

So only a few people will get it.
    but most of the population will NEVER EVER see the recipe..

Im also extremely angry because ive been waiting for this exact recipe combo for a very long time and THIS is how its added into the game... Ill never get the damn thing ive been waiting for sense bear haunch became a thing..

Ive been finishing for 3 days now.. still nothing.

i got the purple day 1. but didnt even get the blue fish till today..
    Tbh im done. i cant do it anymore. + the artaeum quest line is so soul crushingly boring...

Please fix this so its not BOP.... Or add it to the crown store...
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started fishing for the first time to get this recipe and got it after 1-2 hours max. Other got it in around 100 throws.
    The probability for you not getting it in less than 3 hours is certainly very low.

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    VaranisArano

It’s another case of RNG on top of RNG then. I had my first bottle hooked yesterday. It contained one of the new alchemy reagents and the style material.

So it is: RNG to get a bottle and RNG to get a motif or recipe drop in the bottle. I expected nothing else after 4 years.

If it helps, on the PTS I got both the purple and gold recipe with less than 100 casts in Artaeum. On live I got the purple one pretty quickly (and then stopped because that was the one I wanted).

It doesn't help! I have been fishing since the game broke on Monday. I have fished every active hole I ran across. I have fished up exactly 0 recipes, 0 motifs, and 0 of anything worthwhile. I did, however, fish up a crapload of the style material for the motif that I didn't fish up.

You mean Sea Serpent hide? I got the recipes in Waterlogged Psijic Parcels on Artaeum. If you are fishing on Artaeum, I'm sorry for your terrible RNG. I also got both recipes pretty quickly on Live.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 25, 2018 2:50PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the fishing isn't bad. You'll get the recipe before too long. On the meantime, think of the Perfect Roe you wouldn't otherwise find.
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    BRO. 3 DAYS OF fishing 3h/per day and i havent gotten this!!!
    Dont tell me the probability to get it in 1-2 hours is high. because its NOT!
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on May 25, 2018 3:13PM
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you fishing in Arteum ? I might have been lucky but i think you will get it soon.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    yeah.. tbh i gave up i cant stand another day or 2 of fishing. (likely alot more than that with my luck)
    im burning bait that could be sold.. and my roe payout has been lowww too... only 1 for 500-600 fish..

I learned along time ago, if it involves chance (and not just in this game).
    Im perma screwed. Always bet on a loss with me if chance is involved. you will get a 100% win rate.
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on May 26, 2018 11:37AM
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW I got the recipe in about an hour to hour and a half. But I know some people it's taken ~8 hours. Others I've spoken to got it in 30 minutes. One guild member got it on their second cast!
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The purple waterlogged psijic recipe makes

ZIfh2nY.jpg

Thanks!
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you mean by doubles fish loot? I just ran a two hour fishing test with Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl and I could scarcely detect any difference in return rates. My impression is that I got slightly fewer non-fish items than usual but that's it. It may have increased the odds of getting rare fish slightly, as I picked up two blues that had previously eluded me but given how many hours I've been fishing that could also have been simple luck. It's only one run to be sure, but right now I couldn't justify making another batch ever again. I'll use the remaining three at some point but that's it.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    VaranisArano

You mean Sea Serpent hide? I got the recipes in Waterlogged Psijic Parcels on Artaeum. If you are fishing on Artaeum, I'm sorry for your terrible RNG. I also got both recipes pretty quickly on Live.

Yeah! Sea Serpent hide! That's all I've been getting in Summerset along with the same stuff we get from gunny sacks. In Artaeum, I have received nothing memorable from the Psijic Parcels. I've been fishing for 5 days and have only caught 5 of the rare fish. My RNG sucks more than my vampire does! :/
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    welp i finally got my gold recipe after 4 days (15 hours of fishing). thank kratos. im out. 0/
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    VaranisArano

and I thought I was unlucky.
    You guys know that it seems that your chance increases when you are in a group fishing, 2-max4 people fishing in the same hole while grouped.
    PC-EU @lientier