Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

BG Queues

Galalin
Galalin
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else finding them ridiculously long now?
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were a bit longer than usual, at least during off hours, but I'd guess that's largely due to more people doing Summerset PvE content. Unless of course you're queueing in a premade, in which case I suppose it's the updated matchmaking trying to put you against other premades.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Dodgy, frequently get in with players missing, even with people queuing, I tested this against a streamer, and queued at a similar time, but got into their match 5 min later.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For premades, yes.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    For premades, yes.

I was talking solo queue. I waited hrs
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your que might have been broken I’ve been getting qued pretty quickly solo and duo
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got to imagine the queues got worse now that a) Pre-mades are going to face other pre-mades more often and b) You can choose the gametype.

Sucks :neutral:
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »
    For premades, yes.

I was talking solo queue. I waited hrs

It’s just you.

If a queue hits the five minute mark, get out the queue and re-queue.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having friends getting 2-3 matches before I even get 1???? wtf ZoS we all solo queued. This is tested
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats 4 in a row now for them 0 for me.... Tried reloggin GG ZoS
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well its obviously a me thing cause 4 other guildies have had at least 6 each.
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    Had issues with a two man and a four man today. Got a game after 20 minutes with the two man and are currently waiting 45 minutes with the four man. :/
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    yeah there are issues for sure, same thing for me i was solo queuing while 4 mates and the wait was up to 1 hour for 1 of us and in that time 2 of us had 2 games. 1 other had one game in that hour. Again today i queued for hours while i watched a streamer have game after game or just 3 players in a game. Please fix the queue
    Edited by damarky on May 23, 2018 5:40AM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are in a group I found switching leads the. Queing helps
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My group and me suffers the same problem. All of the group members individually queue considerably longer solo than before the patch (where we would also need to wait longer than other premades when grouped, very easy to check watching some BG streams), 20-30 minute waiting time is the new norm, solo. As a group we wait roughly 1h+ for a single match. We tried it all: Change lead, regular regroups, regular relogs, regular re-queues.

Even if theres friends queuing at the same time, or fully stacked premades streaming - they will get back to back queues, while our group is waiting, and waiting... and waiting.

This is the first time I consider stopping bgs after they got introduced. I just got better stuff to do in my life than waiting up to 2 hours for EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Some evenings I only have two hours for playing in total, wasting them in the queue is not a fulfilling experience at all.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please take a look into how specific groups, probably outliers mmr-wise, are treated by the new matching behaviour? It's not fun, not at all. I would happily provide you with our group's account names. We need an answer to that, since we are getting heavily frustrated.

Edited by Mojomonkeyman on May 23, 2018 8:09AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is worrying. :( I guess I will try to enjoy my 5-10 second solo queues for as long as I can before Summerset drops on console.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    does sound quite excessive @Mojomonkeyman . I know we do a render check (i.e all port to group leader) and also gave lead and queue with the newest member of the pre-made. I only got in once yesterday, solo for the random daily, teamed up with/against yourself and other bg orphans. Couldn't get in after that. Solo/Duo Specific/Random.

Morrowind 2.0
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • damarky
    damarky
    ✭✭✭
    Even with the normal well known stuff like travel to each other and make sure we can see each other. Than queue, Solo, Duo, 3 players or full premade. Que is not poping for ages doesn't matter if we queue for random XP BG queue. Or tick all game types or just pick death match. The queue is not working. I have waited in the queue over 1 hour nothing, a mate waited in the que first day for over 3 hours single que. Some times staying in the queue for 1 hour and also trying requeuing after minutes that was solo. Also we tried as duo, 3 man and full premade. It doesn't matter same problem the queue is not poping for some players. We pass lead around to each other try porting to a new zone. Nothing Other players dont seem to have any issues but some players do.

This needs to be looked at I know some players are thinking about quiting the game over this. Who wants to log in and sit around in zone making sure we can see each other to help the queue work better.

@ZOS_GinaBruno - Fix this BG queue its messed up. Can provide account names for players i know are having major issues getting a BG game. Hell check my account and look since summerset DLC how long i have queued for and how many matches i have got. I would say i have queued around 20 hours and got only 5 games. 2 of those games i got stuck in the longest load screen and missed around 10 minutes of a 15 minutes game.

RIP BGS

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could you please take a look into how specific groups, probably outliers mmr-wise, are treated by the new matching behaviour? It's not fun, not at all. I would happily provide you with our group's account names. We need an answer to that, since we are getting heavily frustrated.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I fully expected this to happen. Whenever they screw with the grouping algorithms in their game it always breaks.

I remmeber....

the random queue bonus that was added at TG and it was the group finder was busted all the way till DB launched

Random bonus was only awarded to party leader

Daily bonus kept resetting depending on at what point you left the group after getting the bonus.

And I remember when BGs were broken for almost 2 months after morrowind launched.

This is unfortunate but not surprising in the least.

Edited by exeeter702 on May 23, 2018 9:11PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Console doesn't want the patch if we see anything more than 5 minute match queues. It will likely be the end of BGs for me (and the game as I only play for BGs) if this is the case.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert, @ZOS_BrianWheeler, @ZOS_GinaBruno,

There is important issues concerning BGs to adress since summerset came out:

1) Group Queues
    I'm a BG regular on PC EU, I talk to other BG regulars - since yesterday every single group I talk to has given up on queuing together. The waiting time since patch is absurd, ranging from 20 min+ (NEVER before the 20 min mark) up to 2 hours - and I am talking EU primetime here from CET afternoon to midnight. It doesnt matter wether queued for random or specific BG, same result.

You can rewatch twitch.tv/diplonicus latest vid from yesterday evening to get an impression for how frustrating the wait in groups is. Ironically, when talking to other BG regulars, we already speak about the last patch before summerset like its lost paradise - can't get quick games anymore, can't get group matches anymore.

2) Solo Queues
    The new matchmaking is severaly diadvantaging high mmr players. To my experience players with hundreds or thousands of matches played in combination with high win % (75%+) and high avg scores/match will have the same endless waiting experience when solo queuing like described in the paragraphs above for group queuing. This does not hit everyone equally, some players will still get their instant or 5min queue invites.

I personally spent the entire afternoon & evening yesterday trying to solo queue, there is some observations I made:
    I will never get an invite before the 19min mark. Never. The 19min mark will trigger an invite within the next 5 minutes most of the times. I tried all queues (random, specific single mode activated, specific 2 modes activated, specific all), no difference in waiting time. If needed, I can provide several screenshots of me waiting solo for queue invite with 20min+ passed.

My conclusion is that the system increases its mmr range for creating a lobby when looking for players based on a timer. The highest mmr bracket players will be prevented from joining any game until that timer has reached a mark where that player's mmr range gets artificially lowered so he gets considered for lower brackets and thereforee more games.

With matches averaging between 5-10 min, playtime this means I have to at least spend double the time waiting than playing (best case scenario). That's not acceptable, its not fun, its not well made (since you are unable to do any meaningful filler activities while queuing).

3) Proposal
    My proposal would be to revert the changes you made with summerset to the individual mmr bracketing timers while queued. You must have increased them significantly to achieve such absurd waiting times. You have already spiced the BG experience up by giving us more choice what to queue for.

4)Final words
    You and we know that all changes to the BG qeueing system go untested through the PTS, because the low population doesnt allow for much evaluation. That means it is your responsibility to closely monitor the effects of it when going live and act in timely manner. A feedback on our concerns and how you are going to handle this is not only appreciated but much needed.

We are customers, but we are also working people with schedules and limited sparetime. We honor your work with our financial support and time investment, show some responsibility by making sure our time spent is rewarding & fun, not frustrating.

Best regards
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on May 24, 2018 7:37AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I queue more than 5 mins. Weekday evenings / weekends I quit and queue again. This is pre summerset. The que is buggy
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My solo queue is at least 30 min long, sometimes longer.

When it does pop i get thrown in as the fourth person on a 3 man premade, fighting two other premades.

Not fun for me.

My MMR / ELO / whatever is too high on my stamden. They need to change the weightings for those of us who have a lot of time played in BGs.

It used to be that we'd just make whoever is the newest character queue us, but now just having me on my main in a group dooms that group to really really long queue times. It's ridiculous.

edit: the people who are complaining about this the most are the people who do the most BGs.
    Edited by Thogard on May 24, 2018 9:23AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I've played a bit more sporadically than some of you, I've still done a lot of Battlegrounds, and my queues haven't been all that bad over the last few days. Perhaps a little longer than was typical before, but I assume that's mostly due to people working on the new PvE content.

It's quite possible that there are some bugs with the queue/matchmaking system - after all, it has happened before - but barring that, I'm thinking that some of you guys probably have huge ratings from pug stomping over and over. At least 3 of the people complaining about queue times here have run a whole bunch of premade teams, and probably have much higher than average win rates (which is what I'm assuming ZOS used as the main, if not sole, metric for MMR).

Is there anyone that mostly (or exclusively) solo queue'd for BGs both before and after Summerset, but is having these queue times >= 20 minutes? And if anyone, regardless of recent queue times, is running the PvP meter addon, what's your win rate? I'm at:
    36% on Magicka Warden.
    36% on Magicka Sorcerer.
    39% on Magicka Nightblade (and smallest sample size, with 113 games).
    Edited by wheem_ESO on May 24, 2018 11:10AM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    While I've played a bit more sporadically than some of you, I've still done a lot of Battlegrounds, and my queues haven't been all that bad over the last few days. Perhaps a little longer than was typical before, but I assume that's mostly due to people working on the new PvE content.

It's quite possible that there are some bugs with the queue/matchmaking system - after all, it has happened before - but barring that, I'm thinking that some of you guys probably have huge ratings from pug stomping over and over. At least 3 of the people complaining about queue times here have run a whole bunch of premade teams, and probably have much higher than average win rates (which is what I'm assuming ZOS used as the main, if not sole, metric for MMR).

Is there anyone that mostly (or exclusively) solo queue'd for BGs both before and after Summerset, but is having these queue times >= 20 minutes? And if anyone, regardless of recent queue times, is running the PvP meter addon, what's your win rate? I'm at:
    36% on Magicka Warden.
    36% on Magicka Sorcerer.

I’m at a 47% win rate in a little over 1900 matches- about 50% of queues are solo - and I can’t get a match for the life of me. I’ve syncd queues with other players and they’ll get 3-4 matches before I get one. And when I get one, it’s against a premade

My own premade can’t get a match at all. There’s nothing else out there to queue against on our # of games played. There are groups that could probably fight us and be an even match, but they haven’t played nearly as many games.

We tried averaging out the MMR by inviting newer players or characters in. Didn’t help.
    Edited by Thogard on May 24, 2018 11:17AM

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

36% on Magicka Warden.
    36% on Magicka Sorcerer.

I’m at a 47% win rate in a little over 1900 matches- about 50% of queues are solo - and I can’t get a match for the life of me. I’ve syncd queues with other players and they’ll get 3-4 matches before I get one. And when I get one, it’s against a premade

My own premade can’t get a match at all. There’s nothing else out there to queue against on our # of games played. There are groups that could probably fight us and be an even match, but they haven’t played nearly as many games.

We tried averaging out the MMR by inviting newer players or characters in. Didn’t help.

That's my experience as well. Pretty much 50/50 solo/group.
    Stamsorc 1: 75% winrate (600 games)
    Stamsorc 2: 85% winrate (less than 200 games)
    Magwarden: 65% winrate (900 games)
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

36% on Magicka Warden.
    36% on Magicka Sorcerer.

That's my experience as well. Pretty much 50/50 solo/group.
    Stamsorc 1: 75% winrate (600 games)
    Stamsorc 2: 85% winrate (less than 200 games)
    Magwarden: 65% winrate (900 games)

I wonder if win rate has much to do with it though. My stamden has a pretty low win rate because I don’t run from fights to do objectives... but my magplar is from a period of time when I did so that, so I’ll have to check out and see the difference.

I have a sneaking suspicion the K/D/A ratio comes in to it too because I’m not seeing any real tanks in the matches I’m getting, even though there are more than a few full blown tanks with tons of games in PC NA BGs

• Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its a combination of:
    matches played
    average points/match
    win/loss
    and maybe even k/d/a
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tried premade - q for 1.20hours before matches....
    Tried duo - 1hour to get match...
    Tried solo - giving up after 30min..
    What a great update, forcing me to forget about playing bgs at all.

Meanwhile watching streams and see how people getting matches instantly solo, getting instantly as 4man premade and how premade getting matches against full randoms.
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler what is going on with bg, is it MMR responsible?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the time of writing this, I have been queuing for two and a half hours. The first 20 mins I was in a trio, and the remainder of that time solo.

I didn't get a single pop in that time. While 5 of my BG friends were almost constantly in a match.

There is something very wrong with how the group finder is handling players with high MMR.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • PemPem
    PemPem
    ✭✭✭
    Tried to do BG's last night, waited for an hour with my friends and didn't get a match. Tossed crown to someone else for them to try queueing, didn't help. Wound up doing PvE instead, very disappointing. :|