The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Giant Clams the real grind of summerset

badmojo
badmojo
✭✭✭✭✭
A friend and I decided to do some fishing in Summerset then moved on to Arteum where we caught the two psijic recipes, the purple 'brings fish to you" and the gold is a better version of the Dubious camoran.

Both recipes seemed great, and I hopped onto my crafter and made 4 of the fishing one, among the ingrdients was 3 of the new 'Clam Gall' which I happened to get out of a bottle fishing in Summerset. The gold recipe takes 4 'Powdered Mother of Perl'.

I decided to go try and farm those so I could make some of the food. Couple hours later and I had a whopping ONE clam gall. The giant clams arent very plentiful, and I probably harvested a dozen and only got 1 ingrdient.

Clam digging makes finding seams feel like childs play. Clam juice is the real grind of summerset.

Anyone know if that gold recipe is the new BIS for stamina characters?

Edit: btw the recipes are bind on pickup so they cant be bought or sold. Get fishin!
Edited by badmojo on May 22, 2018 4:19PM
[DC/NA]
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats the effect of the purple one that brings fish to you? I tried to test it on the PTS but was stymied by my inability to farm enough clam gall before the server reset, LOL.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its unclear to me exactly what effect it had on fishing, but I did catch the blue rare about two casts after eating it while fishing alone, and both my friend and I seemed to catch a lot of named fish. One thing I did notice it doing was letting us catch multiple fish at once. Sometimes we would pull in a Dhufish and a couple minnows in the same cast.
    [DC/NA]
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you and that's amazing! I'm gonna have to get this recipe for sure. At least it wasnt hard,to get on the PTS.
  • Amrayia
    Amrayia
    Soul Shriven
    Can someone post a screenshot of the recipe? I'm so curious and can't find the purple anywhere!
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    The clams do not have the keen eye flow either. I have that maxes out & I have only found clams on accident
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kept getting those new reagents out of the abysal geysers shell chest
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amrayia wrote: »
    Can someone post a screenshot of the recipe? I'm so curious and can't find the purple anywhere!

L4uAK2t.jpg
    [DC/NA]
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, I'm not happy that clam gall is so hard to farm, but it looks like that gold recipe is the stamina counterpart to the Clockwork Citrus Filet for magicka. Clockwork Citrus Filet requires a Perfect Roe, so it would make sense to have the stam recipe require equivalently difficult-to-farm mats. I just wish that mat was another Perfect Roe rather than mother of pearl.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • Amrayia
    Amrayia
    Soul Shriven
    badmojo wrote: »
    Amrayia wrote: »

L4uAK2t.jpg

Thank you so much!!
  • veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was disappointed after picking up a few clams and not getting any. Decided its probably not worth farming clams.

On a side note, did you "catch" the recipe? or was it in those waterlogged psijic container things?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was disappointed after picking up a few clams and not getting any. Decided its probably not worth farming clams.

On a side note, did you "catch" the recipe? or was it in those waterlogged psijic container things?

They were in the waterlogged psijic containers.

On the PTS, I'd gotten both recipes in less than a hundred casts, and got the purple recipe on Live pretty quickly in 5-6 containers.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 23, 2018 11:32AM
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭
    are these recipes bound to char or ACCOUNT bound?

Thank you
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilawynde wrote: »
    are these recipes bound to char or ACCOUNT bound?

Thank you

Account
    [DC/NA]
  • Ilawynde
    Ilawynde
    ✭✭✭

Thank you
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't even found a clam yet, what do they look like? :D Would really appreciate a screenshot, been running around the coast of Summerset, and haven't found one yet.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • veloSylraptor
    veloSylraptor
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I haven't even found a clam yet, what do they look like? :D Would really appreciate a screenshot, been running around the coast of Summerset, and haven't found one yet.

They look kinda like this:

Giant-Clam-Ancient.jpg

This is a picture of a furniture piece courtesy of mmo-fashion, the actual harvestable clam is nowhere near as big. Its actually pretty hard to spot while you're riding by, I discovered my first by accident. Also, they don't shine like other alchemy materials do under the appropriate passive.

Edit: sorry for not giving a screenshot of the actual thing, tried looking for it for an hour so I can update this post. I didn't manage that, so...
    Edited by veloSylraptor on May 24, 2018 9:29AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are these clams typically in the water or on land?

Nevermind, found a few. Well I’m not saying they’re too rare but they’re way too hard to see. Requires you to point your view at the ground and run around. It’s awful. And the actual clam gall drop rate is terrible. @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe we can at least make them more visible?
    Edited by Vapirko on May 24, 2018 12:59PM
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Are these clams typically in the water or on land?

Nevermind, found a few. Well I’m not saying they’re too rare but they’re way too hard to see. Requires you to point your view at the ground and run around. It’s awful. And the actual clam gall drop rate is terrible. @ZOS_GinaBruno maybe we can at least make them more visible?

On the water's edge, sometimes just under waterlevel, so can be difficult to find
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the Clams glow if we have the Alchemy Harvesting passive that makes other alchemy stuff glow?
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Do the Clams glow if we have the Alchemy Harvesting passive that makes other alchemy stuff glow?

No sadly. I mean, if it does its near impossible to tell.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1) Clams need a recolour, they're currently grey and sitting upon grey rocks. Very hard to see.

2) Clams need to light up with alchemy keen eye perk

3) Clams need to drop more gall and mother of pearl. 1 guaranteed drop of either of both ingredient per clam isn't too much
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    i only found 3 clams so far and in two of them i got alkahest and worms, thank you game xD
    Carbonised wrote: »
    1) Clams need a recolour, they're currently grey and sitting upon grey rocks. Very hard to see.

2) Clams need to light up with alchemy keen eye perk

3) Clams need to drop more gall and mother of pearl. 1 guaranteed drop of either of both ingredient per clam isn't too much
    ^this
    making them pinkish would make them look different from the rock texture and the dead coralls and also wouldnt look too strange
    i hope they change this somehow!

also, clams are also found on summerset, yes? why not put them all over tamriel like the seams? that would help but i guess then they wouldn't be so rare anymore heh
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    okay so they are sitting on stones always? I looked out for one, but didnt find any yet
    PC-EU @lientier
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well no s*** Mother of Pearl is a pain. You are making the stamina equivalent of Clockwork Citrus which takes Perfect Roe. You get one Perfect Roe out of 100 fish IF you're lucky
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Finally found one! Thanks for the advice everyone, here is what they look like:
    omvwq9D.png
    And compared to character size:
    LvowQhM.png

Edit: And by the way, this is all I got from this one :D
    fHjkMSU.png
    Edited by Glaiceana on May 25, 2018 10:44AM
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Glaiceana

Exactly, for the rarity and the time and effort considered when trying to find these, they should all at least drop 1 clam gall and 1 mother of pearl, with chance for more item drops, furniture items etc.

Finding one of these and then only find trash like that inside is an insult. Gall and Pearl are both consumables, needed in food recipes and potions, they should be more readily available than this.
  • CaveSquirrel
    CaveSquirrel
    ✭✭
    For those that were asking themselves what the purple fishing food does:

You get 2 fishdrops when you fish with another person.

Only with a single other person though.

So:
    When you fish alone= 1 Drop
    When you fish with more than 2 at one hole= 1 drop.
    When you fish with 1 other person= 2 Drops
    Edited by CaveSquirrel on May 25, 2018 11:18AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that were asking themselves what the purple fishing food does:

You get 2 fishdrops when you fish with another person.

Only with a single other person though.

So:
    When you fish alone= 1 Drop
    When you fish with more than 2 at one hole= 1 drop.
    When you fish with 1 other person= 2 Drops

I still hear a lot of contradicting rumours about this. I even started a recent thread to clarify what the food actually does, and whether it's working as intended.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you can get these mats by:

1: Fishing
    2: Doing Geysirs
    3: farm giant shells

If you do nr 2. It goes quite fast.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • lientier
    lientier
    ✭✭✭✭
    found my first clam: guts and water hyacinth.......
    oh yeah and a second bottle containing the 0 value junk item: waterogged note
    Edited by lientier on May 27, 2018 5:58PM
    PC-EU @lientier