The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

If its available via crate it should be available by crowns

NorthernNightmare
NorthernNightmare
✭✭✭✭✭
Simply put if a mount or item can be found in a crate you should be able to by it by crowns as well
crates should be cheaper to buying flatout but you have to risk rng

this way you can please those who hate rng and those who love it

simple
  • ArtCommissions
    ArtCommissions
    ✭✭✭
    Simply put if a mount or item can be found in a crate you should be able to by it by crowns as well

simple

Unfortunately this will earn ZOS less revenue.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ideally, yes.

Wont happen though, sadly,
  • Inoki
    Inoki
    ✭✭✭
    Gambling should be banned. 'nuff said. I hope more companies will be compelled to abolish this cancerous system.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

simple

Simply put, why?
    Do you own and run a B2P game?
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    Gambling should be banned. 'nuff said. I hope more companies will be compelled to abolish this cancerous system.

Why? Not even just game crates, gambling is something we do every day and with much greater risks.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Clearly you are missing the point of Crates.

And the point of why so many do not purchase them.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

Clearly you are missing the point of Crates.

And the point of why so many do not purchase them.

I know the point full well, but I wish to state this incase zenimax gets hit on the head and decides to start be customoer friendly
  • VinnyTwoShoes
    VinnyTwoShoes
    Soul Shriven
    Na. There should be some incentive to buy more crates. I get the cash grab, but who's to tell anyone what they can and cant spend their money on.

If it helped people out, fersure. But anything thats purely cosmetic shouldnt be fussed about imo.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should think that it would be incentive enough for people who have the RNG's favor to spend only 400 crowns on something that the rest of us may be spending 2500 crowns on.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

simple

Technically, you can buy a crown crate item with crowns. Use crowns to buy crown crates, and you'll get crown gems from extracting crate items or getting duplicate crate items. Then use the crown gems to buy the crate item you want.
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »

simple

Technically, you can buy a crown crate item with crowns. Use crowns to buy crown crates, and you'll get crown gems from extracting crate items or getting duplicate crate items. Then use the crown gems to buy the crate item you want.

Unless you want one of the items that can't be bought with gems. Radiant apex, for example.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll just say yes and leave it at that.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this made them more money they would do that. It's a buisness.
  • ArtCommissions
    ArtCommissions
    ✭✭✭
    I would pay 50,000 crowns for a shadow rider senche...
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay 50,000 crowns for a shadow rider senche...

50,000 crowns cost $357.12.