The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Long-Time RPer, new to ESO

thearchivist95
So I'm fairly new to ESO, but I love the lore (I recently got into Elder Scrolls), and I'm going to want to get involved in the RP scene when I get my bearings I'm sure. What do I need to know? RP addons? Any community blogs? RP guilds looking for new people? Give me the run-down, peeps.
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of rp guilds you can find by asking in game or checking forums.

Personally I'm not a big rp player but in this game it's so extremely easy and fun. I like how your not exactly defined as the hero from the start. Do you want to be? Sure then you are, do you want to just be a mercenary doing things for a pay day? Why not. You can make choices to kill and save allies, make your character look any way you want, lots of cool mount options, beautiful beautiful rpg world that's huge.

Combat I think is a little boring and clunky but past that best mmo I think out there.

Welcome and enjoy!!
  • thearchivist95
    seipher09 wrote: »
    There are lots of rp guilds you can find by asking in game or checking forums.

Personally I'm not a big rp player but in this game it's so extremely easy and fun. I like how your not exactly defined as the hero from the start. Do you want to be? Sure then you are, do you want to just be a mercenary doing things for a pay day? Why not. You can make choices to kill and save allies, make your character look any way you want, lots of cool mount options, beautiful beautiful rpg world that's huge.

Combat I think is a little boring and clunky but past that best mmo I think out there.

Welcome and enjoy!!

Oh I couldn't agree more! This game is absolutely perfect for RP, I'm really looking forward to getting into it.
  • thearchivist95
    Anyone else got any tips?
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • thearchivist95
    :open_mouth: Thank you!
  • Cublette
    Cublette
    We have a RP guild on PS4 EU server. If you want to check us out search for Frozen Jackdaw RP ESO on Facebook, that's where we do most of our organising. We have a main RP event every Saturday night with other things during the week such as dolmens, world bosses etc. We're not the most serious of RP guilds and often slip in and out of character. We prioritise having fun above staying strictly in character. Even if you didn't want to join the guild, you're more than welcome to join the group, just to have a RP place to hang out :)
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild, Magicka, gives a quick rundown on most things RP for ESO. Not all RP is the same, obviously, but most people agree with the basics. At the bottom of the first post there are also some helpful links to other places that might be handy, including a link to the old PC guild thread where I have some links to some addons (although I'm not sure if those are up to date). Happy roleplaying!
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.