The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Flaming Nyx Deluxe Garrett

Saccarius
Saccarius
✭✭✭
So I always meant to buy this place but I kept forgetting. I swung by today and bought it for gold. I was going to buy it furnished because it's only 800 and I didn't really think there was much to be done in it but 800 crowns is still real money and with Summerset looming, I'm probably going to need them.

Anyway... I just planned to put a few things in there to get it looking like the furnished version but I got a bit carried away and ended up spending the whole day in there and too much gold on recipes/furniture for a tiny little place. I didn't get anything else done that I'd planned to so now you all have to suffer another "Show off your home!" thread because I need validation for all the time an effort I spent :grin:

Don't worry, there's only a few and the last one is just a portrait of my new cat :wink:

4yzifVT.jpg

RVZjYCw.jpg

X9489VM.jpg

ob85pCJ.jpg

sgL5tay.jpg

LPcByjQ.jpg

saccarius | PC | EU
Almost master crafter
Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
Say hello, I'll say hello back.
Gaymer
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really came together nicely! Well done! Puts my inn room to shame!
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    That really came together nicely! Well done! Puts my inn room to shame!

Hey thanks! I still have plenty of inn rooms that are empty, have just a bed and a lamp in them or are being used as warehouses so you're not alone. Not sure why I started obsessing over this one :)

saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOVE IT! So cozy :blush:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Selthia
    Selthia
    ✭✭✭
    Your decorations and layout are fantastic. I love the layout you have in there, very cool. Well done!
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Selthia wrote: »
    Your decorations and layout are fantastic. I love the layout you have in there, very cool. Well done!

Thank you :smile: I was pretty pleased with how it turned out considering I didn't plan to decorate it really. I just kept thinking I NEED to have this to go there and kept running all over Tamriel in search of furniture and recipes and every time I though I was done, I needed one more thing and here we are...

I still want some more knick-knacks for the bookcase (which no books will fit in except singles...?!) but all the small interesting things are expensive or I don't know about them because they're on achievement merchants. I'll have to go round and see what's out there.
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice little home. And hey..working on decorating your homes IS playing the game. Looks like you had a very constructive game session.
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    Very nice little home. And hey..working on decorating your homes IS playing the game. Looks like you had a very constructive game session.

Oh I absolutely agree! I love decorating but like with all MMOs, you have to spend some time doing the not-so-fun stuff (like dailies over and over) to make enough money to do the stuff you really enjoy, which for me is questing and homesteading. If I only did those two things, I'd be dirt poor and I'm already pretty close :grin: I was also trying to grind out 18 skill points for my main crafter so she isn't super weak when Summerset rolls around and I have to "steal" combat points so she can max out jewellery.

I spent weeks on my Twin Arches home and I love it but haven't posted screens yet because I want to include some rare or unique pieces but I'm still finding out what's out there. I didn't even realise there were achievement vendors until after a month of playing and I didn't know that the luxury vendor existed until last week!

Still, I'm happy with my little pied-à-terre in Mournhold. It definitely wasn't wasted time but it surprised me how it kinda sucked up a whole day when it is so small and I'm not sure how long I'll be spending there as there isn't really room for crafting facilities. I can't even have Nuzhimeh, Tythis and my cat at the same time :disappointed:

I'll just have to make sure I always stop by whenever I need to be in Mournhold, even if it means more loading screens.

saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It looks very nice! Very nice indeed!!
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree with most here - interesting layout and nicely done setup and decoration - time well spent if you finally feel really comfortable in it. I like your attention to details a lot.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really nice! Some of the layout is very similar to the furnished version of the home, but you've moved some things around a bit and added a lot of nice detail. I love the sitting area you added!

I'd been thinking that a double bed would fit in there nicely, rather than the single that comes with it furnished. I bought the furnished version for 800 crowns, since it's only about half of my ESO+ crowns and I bought it shortly after Homestead launched, so I didn't have many plans or much material.

I think the space, while small, is deceivingly fun to decorate. The shape of the room is nice and lends itself to making separate areas for things. Plus, the juxtaposition of the wood tones and various colors (from the pillows, for example) with the dark stone just makes it look cozy, at least to me. I've enjoyed decorating all of my Dunmer homes - making them feel cozy and lived in despite the harsh stone, which reflects the Dunmer nature of creating beauty/warmth in even the harshest surroundings.

ETA: I think I'm going to steal quite a few of your ideas. ;)
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 22, 2018 9:28PM
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Really nice! Some of the layout is very similar to the furnished version of the home, but you've moved some things around a bit and added a lot of nice detail. I love the sitting area you added!

Thanks :smile: I actually took pictures of the furnished version so I could make it exactly the same but then I decided on a double bed and I gave up using the pics as reference. The counter is in the same place and that's the kitchenette area still, I re-added the hook/lamp on the right that didn't come with the unfurnished version and I always have a little desk area if I have the space but it's in a different position now. The rest I sort of just made up on the spot which is kind of my curse because I had to run out for every little thing that I didn't have a recipe for (which was almost every non-green item). I did the same thing with Twin Arches and I promised myself that next time, I would decorate a house on the PTS and then make a shopping list, but I started this on a whim so obviously that plan went out the window :grin:
    ETA: I think I'm going to steal quite a few of your ideas. ;)

Haha, that's what these posts are for; "inspiration" or just outright theft :lol: Go right ahead and if you end up using the same bookcase and decide to fill it, let me know what you put in there. I want to fill a few slots with individual books (Probably the Songs of Pelinal volumes) but they are expensive. I need some ideas for small objets and curios to go in those little cubbies. Bonus points if they are in the "academic" theme.

ETA: Oh my god, I'm such a noob... I didn't realise you could purchase collections of readable books from mystics at the Mage's guild. I've been spending real money on copies of Cheeses of Tamriel. I feel like a moron :neutral:

Edited by Saccarius on May 23, 2018 2:54AM
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Love the downward dog kitten pose.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Very nice. Love the downward dog kitten pose.

:lol: You don't know how much of a pain it was to get that shot. She only does it like every minute or so and every time she did, I had to pound on the print screen key like a maniac and then quickly check my screenshots folder to see if I had it. I finally got the shot but then decided I didn't like the framing and had to do it all over again... and again when I decided to move some things on the counter. :persevere:
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saccarius wrote: »
    ETA: Oh my god, I'm such a noob... I didn't realise you could purchase collections of readable books from mystics at the Mage's guild. I've been spending real money on copies of Cheeses of Tamriel. I feel like a moron :neutral:

Ouch! :s At least you found out now. :D

I do have a couple of those bookcases in my Velothi Reverie. I filled them with the book collections from Stonefalls and Deshaan. They don't take up all the spaces and they were tricky to place so that you could still read them.

The only academic clutter that isn't CS only (AFAIK) are the inkwell, quill, personal letter, and papers stack. You could put some of the crafted bottles in there, like the delicate vial and elixir bottle. The Hlaalu and Indoril trinket boxes are nice (I think I see one of them on your shelf already). Hmm...the Hlaalu trinket box, curious turtle (from Rolis Hlaalu, the Master Writ vendor) would also be nice.

Oh...you could also put in some soul gems, these can be stolen from mage NPCs, but I see them for sale at guild traders.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 23, 2018 5:34PM
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Ouch! :s At least you found out now. :D

Thankfully I've only bought about three copies to go on nightstands so it's not as bad as it could have been if I'd tried to fill an entire bookcase with them. The reason I mentioned Songs of Pelinal was because I had Volume I drop for me somewhere or another and I saw you could buy the rest in guild stores. There are so many furnishings I don't know about. I need to start looking at ESO Fashion more and stop relying on the Home Editor Purchase tab as a reference.

I do have a couple of those bookcases in my Velothi Reverie. I filled them with the book collections from Stonefalls and Deshaan. They don't take up all the spaces and they were tricky to place so that you could still read them.

I ended up doing the same thing and filling some of the slots with Deshaan lore. I also bought the Divines and Deities collection to replace the dumb cheese books on the nightstands here and at my other places. I used Vivec and Mephala for this place obviously. Although, It would have been better if there'd been one on Almalexia as she's my next door neighbour now. :grin:

You could put some of the crafted bottles in there, like the delicate vial and elixir bottle. The Hlaalu and Indoril trinket boxes are nice (I think I see one of them on your shelf already). Hmm...the Hlaalu trinket box, curious turtle (from Rolis Hlaalu, the Master Writ vendor) would also be nice.

Oh...you could also put in some soul gems, these can be stolen from mage NPCs, but I see them for sale at guild traders.

Ah, the bottles and soul gems would look great! I'm right at the item cap nearly but I have space for two more slots and one cubby to fill. Hmmm, decisions decisions...

saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Gaymer